Kentucky 89 South Carolina 62

16thBBall Fan

That was an excellent performance by UK today, I'm impressed. If you throw the Tennessee game out, they have been playing some really good ball lately, as well as anyone in the country, imo.

As for Cal getting tossed, I think he was just looking to set another record. He likely now owns the record for the quickest a coach has ever been tossed from a game. But aside from that, did anyone notice Ullis 'coaching' during timeouts and dead balls? The kid knows his basketball. Hopefully Cal will stick around until Ullis's NBA career is done and we can hire coach Ullis to replace him. :thumb:

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since I was out with the wife today, and I forgot to DVR the doggone game, what was the reason for the ejection? All I know is that the referee Simmons has short fuse and has a history of tossing coaches.

However, Calipari is crazy............crazy like a fox.

THAT was Kentucky basketball ! :ylsuper:

O.K., now that's out of my system, I agree with many others here on that was the Cats best and most complete game of the season. All I can say is Wow, what a defensive game plan and execution of the game preparation. Tyler Ulis, or should I say "coach" Ulis was fantastic. 27pts. I think, plus 12 asst, responsible for at least 49 pts. and maybe more depending on if any of the assist were for a three and if anyone was fouled in the act of shooting. Ulis wasn't the only one that played great .. All were excellent. Murray with (27pt., 5 reb.) is a scoring machine and he is getting better, playing much better defense (for him anyway, lol). Willis again was a key but has to keep the fouls down. I will take that effort every time though.

As for Cal's ejection I thought that he wanted the first T but the second one was his fault by going to the scorers table /mid court. Cal had been riding those guys, especially the one that tossed him from the tip off. (and with good reason imo). This one, especially in the first half was one of the worst / one sided officiated games I have seen. I practically never get on officials on here like that but this time imo it's legit. I seemed that those guys got caught up in the fans excitment , game atmosphere and jumped on the whistle. I don't know but they, especially the one that T'd / tossed Cal were bad.

I could go on and on bc I am still fired up but already "rambling :D) on too much. So, overall great performance by all and was a complete game / "Team" effort.

This one just may be the one that sets this team off on a long run to and thru the SEC / NCAA tourneys. We will see.

On another note and jmo .....Should anyone want to question Cal's ability to coach ... o.k., that's your opinion but remember that installing a game plan and preparation for a game is a huge part of coaching and this U.K. team was very well prepared. U.K. knew where SC was going with the ball before SC did, attacked and shredded their defense. Cals assistants are an extention of him, K. Payne and Robic ran that game excellent.

Just finished watching the game. That was a very impressive win on the road. I believe @Wireman may be right in that this Kentucky team could be a dangerous team come March. I hope they keep up the defensive intensity.

Ouch no credit to me only wireman? I have also been saying the same thing as him. However I know most on here ignore me, so its all good. :D