Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Who Replaces Rick Pitino Next Season?

Featured Replies

I like Cronin and would be totally satisfied with him. But I'd like Archie Miller even more. Brad Stevens is ideal, but he probably isn't coming back to college.

  • Replies 225
  • Views 29.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I like Cronin and would be totally satisfied with him. But I'd like Archie Miller even more. Brad Stevens is ideal, but he probably isn't coming back to college.

 

Cronin is OK in my book but not great. And his teams' offenses are almost impossible to watch. Either he cannot recruit good shooters or he turns good shooters into bad shooters...

When the get rid of Rick I would say they will have the replacement already on board. It will be Mick or Sean or Archie!

At this point, I think Pitino coaches next year, the final year of his contract, and is done.

 

U.L. does self-imposed sanctions to not participate in Post-season this year rather than next. They are hopeful the NCAA accepts and is not harsher. This accomplishes three things: 1). Attempted protection of Jurich and Ramsey's jobs; 2). Insure that Pitino has some personal punishment. He will be gone, and would have nothing but embarrassment (and we know he has teflon skin) if the punishment was for next year's post-season; 3). Allows for easier hiring of new coach and attracting recruits.

 

IMO. NCAA is probably coming down much harder and there will be many heads fall.

U.L. does self-imposed sanctions to not participate in Post-season this year rather than next. They are hopeful the NCAA accepts and is not harsher. This accomplishes three things: 1). Attempted protection of Jurich and Ramsey's jobs; 2). Insure that Pitino has some personal punishment. He will be gone' date=' and would have nothing but embarrassment (and we know he has teflon skin) if the punishment was for next year's post-season; 3). Allows for easier hiring of new coach and attracting recruits. IMO. NCAA is probably coming down much harder and there will be many heads fall.[/quote']

 

The NCAA is typically light on punishment but man they gotta law down on his this one. If Katina continues her media tour, it only gets worse.

I've been gone from this site for a few years and it's still the same stuff going on haha like I never missed a beat!

Tony Bennett or Archie Miller

I've been gone from this site for a few years and it's still the same stuff going on haha like I never missed a beat!

 

It's better than Days of Our Lives

How about Tom Wade of Oklahoma st as he is a Kentucky boy with a great resume

Why would anybody want Cronin, what has he accomplished? I hope they can get Sean Miller, I would think he`d be top priorty,and Archie might be good also.

Bennett has done a great job at UVA. Hiring him might be aspirational by the UL folks. They may have to get an Archie Miller type guy on the way up. Not sure Cronin ever leaves UC.

 

What about the Ole Miss coach? Andy Kennedy did a good job for UC in the interim job and at Ole Miss.

Bennett has done a great job at UVA. Hiring him might be aspirational by the UL folks. They may have to get an Archie Miller type guy on the way up. Not sure Cronin ever leaves UC.

 

What about the Ole Miss coach? Andy Kennedy did a good job for UC in the interim job and at Ole Miss.

 

If I had to pick three guys right now, Bennett is on the list. He, like the other two on that list, aren't going anywhere right now and they're certainly not coming to Louisville:

 

1) Brad Stephens

2) Shaka Smart

3) Anthony Bennett

 

It just ain't happening on those guys.

 

So, count me among those that would like Louisville to take a nice, hard look at Xavier's Chris Mack.

I think you have a better chance of getting Mack than Cronin. Mack is the better recruiter. Cronin is a Cincy kid. Hard to get those west siders to leave the metro area. Of the guys that I think UL could hire, Mack may be your best option, especially if Archie is holding out for NC State. No way Sean come to UL (he's waiting on UK).

I think you have a better chance of getting Mack than Cronin. Mack is the better recruiter. Cronin is a Cincy kid. Hard to get those west siders to leave the metro area. Of the guys that I think UL could hire, Mack may be your best option, especially if Archie is holding out for NC State. No way Sean come to UL (he's waiting on UK).

 

Mack is more attractive to schools than Mick and it isn't close. Now, I understand that Jurich and Mick have a relationship, so they may well take a swing at him, but I don't see it. Make no mistake, I like Mick a lot as a person, he just isn't real marketable on the floor or off to other schools.

 

Archie wants NC State, but I think he'd certainly prefer Louisville. Too many guys have to pass up on the Ville for it to get to Arch.

 

Sean will end up at UK or UNC, based on who retires first.

UofL needs to follow the UK Coaching Method of GGD

 

Kentucky

Great...Rupp

Good...Hall

Drunk...Sutton

Great...Pitino

Good...Smith

Drunk...Gilespie

Great...Calipari

 

Louisville

Great...Crum

Good...Pitino

Drunk... Need to find a Drunk for a year or two then go get the Great Coach you need

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.