Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Who Replaces Rick Pitino Next Season?

Featured Replies

  • Replies 225
  • Views 29.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Where is it that their's actually talk about Pitino not being at Louisville next season? I've not seen anything...

 

Why would you? Jurich and the University will release it when they feel the time is right and best for them, and Rick will go along with the plan.

 

By the way, where have all of the Richard Pitino backers gone? I guess 6-16 and 0-10 in the Big Ten have quieted those folks a little. He has driven that bus into the ground in Minneapolis.

 

By the way, where have all of the Richard Pitino backers gone? I guess 6-16 and 0-10 in the Big Ten have quieted those folks a little. He has driven that bus into the ground in Minneapolis.

 

He couldn't coach his way out of a paper sack. Eventually name can only take you so far.

  • Author
Did not see that. Wonder if their's any truth to it or if Jones is just blowing smoke?

 

Truth to it.

I've had this discussion with coworkers before and we all agreed there aren't a ton of names that really stand out. When Gillispie left UK, Calipari was the obvious choice. If Pitino is done, or if Cal were to leave, or even someone like Roy Williams or Bill Self were to quit, I don't think there are many automatic choices that would fall right in perfectly.

...or if Jones is just blowing smoke?

 

Blasphemy.

Blasphemy.

 

I don't trust Matt Jones one bit, but I do trust Mentsch. If he says its true, I'm believing it.

I've had this discussion with coworkers before and we all agreed there aren't a ton of names that really stand out. When Gillispie left UK, Calipari was the obvious choice. If Pitino is done, or if Cal were to leave, or even someone like Roy Williams or Bill Self were to quit, I don't think there are many automatic choices that would fall right in perfectly.

 

I think Sean Miller will be the next coach at either UK or UNC, depending on who leaves their post first. That is purely my opinion, for the record.

I don't trust Matt Jones one bit, but I do trust Mentsch. If he says its true, I'm believing it.

 

Same here. I was laughing until MTGL made his post. Now, I'm like....damn. I despise Pitino. Despise, detest, absolutely cannot stand the man. I hate to see him go though.

It's not hard to envision a scenario where Pitino leaves in the off season. It doesn't take a basketball genius to come up with this given the situation at UL at the moment. Someone is going to have to take the blame eventually and the timing is right.

I think Sean Miller will be the next coach at either UK or UNC, depending on who leaves their post first. That is purely my opinion, for the record.

 

People often thought Lute Olsen would leave Arizona and he never did. Miller's ties to the eastern part of the country would make you think he'll leave, but you never know. He will be a very interesting subject to follow.

I don't have a dog in this fight, but Matt Jones is a tool.

It's not hard to envision a scenario where Pitino leaves in the off season. It doesn't take a basketball genius to come up with this given the situation at UL at the moment. Someone is going to have to take the blame eventually and the timing is right.

 

I know his named was linked to UNLV earlier. Does everyone think Pitino "retires" from Louisville or does he move on to another university?

I know his named was linked to UNLV earlier. Does everyone think Pitino "retires" from Louisville or does he move on to another university?

 

JMO, but I don't see something like that happening.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.