Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Who Replaces Rick Pitino Next Season?

Featured Replies

Hasn't Pitino been linked to UNLV since before his Celtics days ended? I just don't see that happening.

  • Replies 225
  • Views 29.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's not hard to envision a scenario where Pitino leaves in the off season. It doesn't take a basketball genius to come up with this given the situation at UL at the moment. Someone is going to have to take the blame eventually and the timing is right.

 

Exactly. Jones or whoever else trying to "break" this news is just using it for click bait.

People often thought Lute Olsen would leave Arizona and he never did. Miller's ties to the eastern part of the country would make you think he'll leave, but you never know. He will be a very interesting subject to follow.

He won't spend the bulk of his career out west...I know. He would already be at Maryland if Kevin Anderson wasn't a moron.

I know his named was linked to UNLV earlier. Does everyone think Pitino "retires" from Louisville or does he move on to another university?

 

JMO, but I don't see something like that happening.

 

Which one do you not seeing something like that happening?

Which one do you not seeing something like that happening?

 

Him going to another program.

He won't spend the bulk of his career out west...I know. He would already be at Maryland if Kevin Anderson wasn't a moron.

 

In your opinion, where would he leave Arizona for?

In your opinion, where would he leave Arizona for?

 

UK and UNC, not in that order. Still think Maryland would interest him. Think east coast, no dominant football school, preference to the ACC. Lazy narrative is Pitt, but he has always been crystal clear that it isn't an option until maybe the last job before hanging them up.

 

My gut says Cal coaches 1 or 2 more years and then Sean takes over at UK. Remember, Sean and Cal are like a nephew and uncle...very close.

UK and UNC, not in that order. Still think Maryland would interest him. Think east coast, no dominant football school, preference to the ACC. Lazy narrative is Pitt, but he has always been crystal clear that it isn't an option until maybe the last job before hanging them up.

 

My gut says Cal coaches 1 or 2 more years and then Sean takes over at UK. Remember, Sean and Cal are like a nephew and uncle...very close.

 

Any idea about the relationship between Miller and Barnhart (if there even is one)?

Any idea about the relationship between Miller and Barnhart (if there even is one)?

 

Not one that I'm aware of. Don't know why it would be bad.

I happen to agree with Wireman that Rick won't be there next year, and that is fairly well known already among the national basketball writers. Most believe Jurich and Pitino are on the same page in his departing in March / April.

 

If Xavier makes a deep run, it is Chris' job. If not, could be several folks, with Archie Miller in the mix (although I think he ends up at NC State).

 

Won't be Mick.

 

Mack wont be able to handle the pressure. Bad move if he leaves X.

I think Sean Miller will be the next coach at either UK or UNC, depending on who leaves their post first. That is purely my opinion, for the record.

 

I love Sean as a coach, but I dont see it. Just hasnt done enough at AZ.

Mack wont be able to handle the pressure. Bad move if he leaves X.

 

I love Sean as a coach, but I dont see it. Just hasnt done enough at AZ.

 

:lol2: Do you really believe all the stuff you post? There's just no way....

:lol2: Do you really believe all the stuff you post? There's just no way....

 

Yes.

I love Sean as a coach, but I dont see it. Just hasnt done enough at AZ.

 

A Sweet Sixteen and three Elite Eights in 6+ years at Arizona. Averaging 27 wins per season. I know they haven't been to a Final Four, but if you take away the guys who absolutely wouldn't leave their jobs (Roy Williams, Bill Self, Krzyzewski, Calipari), not many have "done enough" (which I assume means get to and/or win a championship) to warrant a top job.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.