Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Who Replaces Rick Pitino Next Season?

Featured Replies

I wouldn't mind Chris Mack here at Louisville at all.

 

And I'm a great fan of his wife and it would be fun to welcome Christi Mack back home.

 

I don't know enough about his time at X apart from performance in the tournament to make much of an assessment. Mentsch, what's your assessment as to how well he'd do here in Louisville?

  • Replies 225
  • Views 29.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not that I disagree that Pitino will be gone after this season, but this thread is pure comedy lol.

I don't know enough about his time at X apart from performance in the tournament to make much of an assessment. Mentsch, what's your assessment as to how well he'd do here in Louisville?

 

I think Chris has a lot of strengths, and some things he still needs to work on. He is outstanding in terms of X's and O's and out of bounds plays. He is a very solid recruiter and I'd think he would do very well in that regard given the prestige that UL already has as a program. If I'm a UL fan I'm concerned that my two "leaders" are both 5th year transfers, and where the Cards would be had they not landed the Cleveland State and Drexel graduates. I think Chris would remedy that issue and you'd see the fruits of his labor in terms of hard work on the recruiting trail.

 

I think he'd have to work on his public persona given the spotlight that would be on him all day, every day, in the Derby City. He is still maturing as a head coach, and I think he'd grow well into the position at UL. I have said from the beginning that I think Chris would be more popular amongst his own fan base in a town different than the one he grew up in, and I've said the same for Mick at UC. If all of the older fans still remember you in high school, and in summer leagues, when you were...umm...less mature, you get to just be the man you are today, and you don't have to live down the boy you were then. Chris was out there a little in his teens and twenties, and a lot of old (and RICH) Xavier fans remember that guy and don't love that guy. Wouldn't be an issue in the Ville.

 

Plus, I think he has just enough swagger (ugh, hate that word) to endear himself immediately to the "Ville" crowd and the "L1C4" crowd. Especially if his buddy Sean was at UK, that rivalry would be EPIC every year. The luncheon would be must-see-TV.

I for one would be very excited to have Sean Miller as the next UK coach.

I think Chris has a lot of strengths, and some things he still needs to work on. He is outstanding in terms of X's and O's and out of bounds plays. He is a very solid recruiter and I'd think he would do very well in that regard given the prestige that UL already has as a program. If I'm a UL fan I'm concerned that my two "leaders" are both 5th year transfers, and where the Cards would be had they not landed the Cleveland State and Drexel graduates. I think Chris would remedy that issue and you'd see the fruits of his labor in terms of hard work on the recruiting trail.

 

I think he'd have to work on his public persona given the spotlight that would be on him all day, every day, in the Derby City. He is still maturing as a head coach, and I think he'd grow well into the position at UL. I have said from the beginning that I think Chris would be more popular amongst his own fan base in a town different than the one he grew up in, and I've said the same for Mick at UC. If all of the older fans still remember you in high school, and in summer leagues, when you were...umm...less mature, you get to just be the man you are today, and you don't have to live down the boy you were then. Chris was out there a little in his teens and twenties, and a lot of old (and RICH) Xavier fans remember that guy and don't love that guy. Wouldn't be an issue in the Ville.

 

Plus, I think he has just enough swagger (ugh, hate that word) to endear himself immediately to the "Ville" crowd and the "L1C4" crowd. Especially if his buddy Sean was at UK, that rivalry would be EPIC every year. The luncheon would be must-see-TV.

 

Okay, now I'm ready for Cal to go to the Suns and Pitino to retire. Bring on Miller and Mack!!!!!

  • Author

Maybe we could hope for both Millers and we can have Miller and Miller Lite

Maybe we could hope for both Millers and we can have Miller and Miller Lite

 

Hah.

 

I'm with Mentsch ultimately, Archibald has the Flyers doing well again and as long as NC State gets its head out of its behind and gets rid of Gottfried, I think Miller will be the next guy at his alma mater.

As a UK fan, I would much rather Chris Mack stay at Xavier. I feel like he could do a lot of good things for that program.

 

I think I'd be very happy with Sean Miller replacing Calipari when this awesome ride comes to an end.

Okay, now I'm ready for Cal to go to the Suns and Pitino to retire. Bring on Miller and Mack!!!!!

 

I don't think anything could possibly prepare me for all those years of Xavier head coaching experience to move to this side of the river.

As for Matt Jones, of course it is click bait. Isn't everything they do click bait? Only this time, there is some merit to it.

Remember, Sean and Cal are like a nephew and uncle...very close.

 

Sort of like me and Getslow.

 

You don't have to say it. We all know it. Even the crotchety ones that remember the Donoher days and won't admit it.

 

SLU is our rival now. Or Duquesne. Or some other godawful team I can't pretend to care about. Ugh.

 

Now I'm depressed. I blame you.

 

And Jim O'Brien.

You don't have to say it. We all know it. Even the crotchety ones that remember the Donoher days and won't admit it.

 

SLU is our rival now. Or Duquesne. Or some other godawful team I can't pretend to care about. Ugh.

 

Now I'm depressed. I blame you.

 

And Jim O'Brien.

 

I swear, every time you start talking about UD I picture your words and Hitler's movie clip. Every. Time.

 

Those old Hitler / UD videos NEVER get old.

I swear, every time you start talking about UD I picture your words and Hitler's movie clip. Every. Time.

 

Those old Hitler / UD videos NEVER get old.

 

I swear I don't remember those. Can you PM me a link?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.