Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Who Replaces Rick Pitino Next Season?

Featured Replies

Sort of like me and Getslow.

 

You misunderstand. I told you and your friends to say "uncle".

 

uncle.jpg

  • Replies 225
  • Views 29.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hasn't Pitino been linked to UNLV since before his Celtics days ended? I just don't see that happening.

 

I know there were several rumors fairly recently about Pitino & UNLV. I recall being disappointed in the quality of the prostitution jokes following the article.

I know there were several rumors fairly recently about Pitino & UNLV. I recall being disappointed in the quality of the prostitution jokes following the article.

 

 

No doubt, I tried but it didn't gain any traction.

I've long said UL is the only job I'm truly concerned Cronin would leave UC for, but it is probably 2-3 years away from being a real concern...

Does Pitino really have his Miami home on the market now? I know he fly's there often after UL games. Is this the beginning of his move out west?

The consensus on here seems to think Louisville goes with a proven, veteran coach. While that may end up being the case, one "up and comer" that I believe should get major consideration is Archie Miller. What he has done at Dayton, on a consistent basis, has been incredibly impressive to say the least. I've seen Mack and Cronin's names thrown around, in my opinion Archie Miller would be a better hire than both of them. While Cronin and Mack have had a few good seasons each, they have meddled in mediocrity a tad too much for me to peg them as potential candidates. I think Archie Miller is an absolute stud and without a doubt a rising star in the coaching profession. I would take a serious look at the Dayton coach. I think he will end up being a more successful coach than his brother, Sean at Arizona when it's all said and done.

The consensus on here seems to think Louisville goes with a proven, veteran coach. While that may end up being the case, one "up and comer" that I believe should get major consideration is Archie Miller. What he has done at Dayton, on a consistent basis, has been incredibly impressive to say the least. I've seen Mack and Cronin's names thrown around, in my opinion Archie Miller would be a better hire than both of them. While Cronin and Mack have had a few good seasons each, they have meddled in mediocrity a tad too much for me to peg them as potential candidates. I think Archie Miller is an absolute stud and without a doubt a rising star in the coaching profession. I would take a serious look at the Dayton coach. I think he will end up being a more successful coach than his brother, Sean at Arizona when it's all said and done.

 

At least what Archie throws out there would be familiar. His teams have a tendency to inexplicably lose games to inferior teams in December and January and then come out swinging in February and March with their best basketball of the year. That's all very familiar.

Today's news confirms the possibility that there could be very severe sanctions coming for Louisville. Will that dampen the potential pool of candidates?

Today's news confirms the possibility that there could be very severe sanctions coming for Louisville. Will that dampen the potential pool of candidates?

 

Or Louisville is hoping that what they just did will be sufficient punishment for the NCAA. That's my guess.

I would think with the postseason ban being announced that Pitino will either stay another year, or if he does leave Louisville after this season, he'll go somewhere else. I just can't see Rick's ego letting his career end like this...

I would think with the postseason ban being announced that Pitino will either stay another year, or if he does leave Louisville after this season, he'll go somewhere else. I just can't see Rick's ego letting his career end like this...

 

Jurich had no qualms about giving Denny Crum a gentle shove when the time came. We'll see if his long relationship with Pitino makes him any more sentimental.

At this point, I think Pitino coaches next year, the final year of his contract, and is done.

"IF" Pitino isn't the Coach at U.L. next season .... maybe Linda Lovelace :D? (sorry, I had to) ....carry on.

The consensus on here seems to think Louisville goes with a proven, veteran coach. While that may end up being the case, one "up and comer" that I believe should get major consideration is Archie Miller. What he has done at Dayton, on a consistent basis, has been incredibly impressive to say the least. I've seen Mack and Cronin's names thrown around, in my opinion Archie Miller would be a better hire than both of them. While Cronin and Mack have had a few good seasons each, they have meddled in mediocrity a tad too much for me to peg them as potential candidates. I think Archie Miller is an absolute stud and without a doubt a rising star in the coaching profession. I would take a serious look at the Dayton coach. I think he will end up being a more successful coach than his brother, Sean at Arizona when it's all said and done.

 

Not sure what scenario Archie Miller hasn't already proven himself. He proved himself to me 2 years ago. I'd be thrilled to get him, and I would love it if he gave UD a home-and-home after that.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.