Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Who Replaces Rick Pitino Next Season?

Featured Replies

I hope this is true. If he stays (or plans to stay), I think Onuaku stays. They could be very good next season.

 

Of course, things beyond his control (i.e., the NCAA) could intervene. In fact, even if he wants to stay, what does he tell Onuaku if he thinks there COULD be a 2017 postseason ban? Tough question to answer.

 

Good point. And who knows when the NCAA ruling, if there is one, will be made known? Lots of things still up in the air in that situation.

  • Replies 225
  • Views 29.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I hope this is true. If he stays (or plans to stay), I think Onuaku stays. They could be very good next season.

 

Of course, things beyond his control (i.e., the NCAA) could intervene. In fact, even if he wants to stay, what does he tell Onuaku if he thinks there COULD be a 2017 postseason ban? Tough question to answer.

 

He would tell Onuaku what Onuaku wanted to hear, that there is absolutely nothing to worry about.

  • Author

I'm still amazed at fans who support what happened there.

I'm still amazed at fans who support what happened there.

 

Please feel free to identify which posts "support what happened there." If you believe any fan who doesn't want Pitino drawn & quartered in the public square "support what happened there," I guess we have different definitions.

 

A - I still don't know what happened and, as such, I am reserving judgment until that is determined or at least an investigative conclusion is reached

B - from what so far appears to have happened, I am disappointed. I particularly want to know what the investigation concludes on the prostitution angle. For me it is very disappointing if strippers were arranged for and then things escalated into sex. If the conclusion is reached that it was explicitly sex for $, that is a much more serious offense which warrants severe sanctions.

C - Whatever the conclusion, it is BAD for Pitino & Jurich not to have known. It shows lack of leadership and institutional control. If, however, it is concluded that either or both knew of it and did not shut it down, whoever knew has to be gone if it is my NCAA or my University.

 

Best Case -- strippers & neither Pitino nor Jurich knew. 2016 postseason ban, corrective actions, stiff fine, some scholarship limitations for a year or 2 would be fair punishment to me.

He would tell Onuaku what Onuaku wanted to hear, that there is absolutely nothing to worry about.

 

You know better than that. Pitino has always told guys when it's time to get that cash. He did it at UK and UofL. I don't even like the guy, but I'll stand up for him on this account.

  • Author

I'm driving and can't properly respond yet, but if you think that's all that has happened please beware of Nigerian lottery scams.

You know better than that. Pitino has always told guys when it's time to get that cash. He did it at UK and UofL. I don't even like the guy, but I'll stand up for him on this account.

 

 

I was just talking about the NCAA investigation side of it. I took jpa's question to be more on the lines of what would Pitino tell him in terms of the investigation, but I may have misinterpreted the question. As far as the investigation goes, I don't think Pitino would tell any player they should leave early due to that. He would just tell them there is nothing to worry about, because that is what would be best for him.

 

I do agree that if a player wanted to stay or leave, Pitino would not steer them wrong in terms of taking the money when it's available. But as far as the NCAA investigation goes, even if there was another post season ban, it's not going to effect any player that stays financially in the NBA draft. So IMO, if Onuaku came to Pitino and said he wants to stay but was worried about the NCAA investigation, Pitino would tell him there is nothing to worry about.

 

If he and Pitino stay and there is not another post season ban, UL would have just as good of a chance as anyone to win it all next year. Which could be great for a player like Onuaku's draft stock.

I'm still amazed at fans who support what happened there.

 

Fans are fans. Maybe not like what happened but still support their team. Fans have never left the Cats over the years after all the wrong doings.

At a school like Louisville, which probably ranks somewhere between the 7th and 10th best programs in the country, why isn't he getting better players? Why is he having to do more with less?

 

Just a different coaching philosophy maybe, doesn't really believe in the one and dones, and please don't bring up 5 year players with degrees. Believes the NBA should have their own developmental league for freshman, really not friends with Worldwide Wes, believes in a cohesive group that has played together for a couple of years. Really I am just an ole country boy and I really don't know why. One thing I do know, you can move the program from that 7-10 category down to top 5 or 6. It's all fun and games, have a great evening ?.

If Pitino could get the top 5 players in next years class he would sign them all. Not whether he believes in one and dones, he recruits those types.

If Pitino could get the top 5 players in next years class he would sign them all. Not whether he believes in one and dones, he recruits those types.

 

Fact.

 

If Pitino had the juice to land Tatum, Giles, Jackson, Adabayo or Fox and didn't because of "philosophy" he'd deserve to be fired more for that than the mess he's dealing with...

  • Author

Talked to a national guy tonight and he said...one week ago he would have bet money that Pitino is gone after the season. In the last 24 hours, he thinks he stays at Louisville.

Just a different coaching philosophy maybe, doesn't really believe in the one and dones, and please don't bring up 5 year players with degrees. Believes the NBA should have their own developmental league for freshman, really not friends with Worldwide Wes, believes in a cohesive group that has played together for a couple of years. Really I am just an ole country boy and I really don't know why. One thing I do know, you can move the program from that 7-10 category down to top 5 or 6. It's all fun and games, have a great evening .

 

So basically he can't get those top level guys.

 

As for the ranking, I'd still keep Louisville about 7. I'd have Kentucky, Duke, North Carolina, Kansas, Michigan State, and probably Arizona ahead of Louisville. That's not a knock on Louisville, by the way.

Louisville would be 2 or 3 for me. The last 5 years been to 4 straight Sweet 16, 3 Elite 8's and 1 National Championship. Show me one better program with the exception of UK?

It's become clear to me that RP will do whatever he wants. No one in the administration has what it takes to do anything to him. Once again, if he can survive Sypher, he can survive hookers.

 

Maybe. The Sypher situation was just about him and his life. This situation truly is about his team, and players and what happened with his players under his watch. Coaches have been given the lack of institutional control punishment from the NCAA for much less than this even if those coaches didn't know either. The Sypher thing didn't really become a NCAA thing like this is.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.