Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Who Replaces Rick Pitino Next Season?

Featured Replies

Louisville would be 2 or 3 for me. The last 5 years been to 4 straight Sweet 16, 3 Elite 8's and 1 National Championship. Show me one better program with the exception of UK?

 

I'm not saying I disagree, but UConn has 2 titles in the last 5 years....

  • Replies 225
  • Views 29.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good Point of UConn that's impressive for sure.

Talked to a national guy tonight and he said...one week ago he would have bet money that Pitino is gone after the season. In the last 24 hours, he thinks he stays at Louisville.

 

In other words, he's not embarrassed enough to run to UNLV and UL hasn't offered enough in the buyout.

In other words, he's not embarrassed enough to run to UNLV and UL hasn't offered enough in the buyout.

 

I'd be surprised if Louisville's offered anything on the buyout. Still lots of uncertainty about what the NCAA will hand down and what new coach wants in under that cloud?

Louisville would be 2 or 3 for me. The last 5 years been to 4 straight Sweet 16, 3 Elite 8's and 1 National Championship. Show me one better program with the exception of UK?

 

A free throw away last year from another final four with nobody, one of his best coaching years by far. In the five years, how many Mc All Americans and first round draft choices? More with less regardless of the questions why.

There are some pretty darn good classes in there. Let's not pretend that Pitino's been coaching up a bunch of nobodies into the second and third weekends of the tournament.

Of course he has had some good teams but why if he cannot get the elite players? I says it's coaching. The 2013 championship team had one first round pick, Dieng. Rozier was first round last year, I'm sure he's had more but those are the ones I remember. Mc all Americans that I remember Silva, Behanan, Blackshear - might be more --no one and dones that I remember. More with less than anyone, no doubt.

Of course he has had some good teams but why if he cannot get the elite players? I says it's coaching. The 2013 championship team had one first round pick, Dieng. Rozier was first round last year, I'm sure he's had more but those are the ones I remember. Mc all Americans that I remember Silva, Behanan, Blackshear - might be more --no one and dones that I remember. More with less than anyone, no doubt.
Pitino wins with four year players and there's nothing wrong with that. He has been very successful. But the assertion that he doesn't want one and dones simply is a myth. Pitino's system is not conducive to preparing players for the NBA in one year. High school kids and their handlers know this, making it tough for UL to sign top 10 prospects.

Yes he tries to get the same players as Cal but unfortunately for the cards their loosing that battle. I feel some other 5 star athletes who UK didn't sign decide that Louisville is to close to UK distance and they decide to go either the Kansas or the Dukes of the world. Either way its working out for Pitino and he did get one this past recruiting season.

Source saying Pitino steps down after last game. Mack will be top target and see little chance he says no. Cronin 2nd on list. Just a rumor for now. We'll see...

Source saying Pitino steps down after last game. Mack will be top target and see little chance he says no. Cronin 2nd on list. Just a rumor for now. We'll see...

 

Nothing would surprise me in this crazy year short of telling me Kevin Ware, Chris Jones, and Chane Behanan would be assistant coaches next season.

 

I'm a fan of Mack and would love to see him on the bench at Louisville.

Source saying Pitino steps down after last game. Mack will be top target and see little chance he says no. Cronin 2nd on list. Just a rumor for now. We'll see...

 

If this happens, I'm very interested to see how things shake out at Xavier. Would any of their guys jump ship at season's end? Who would be their target? Should be interesting to follow...

If this happens, I'm very interested to see how things shake out at Xavier. Would any of their guys jump ship at season's end? Who would be their target? Should be interesting to follow...

 

Promote Steele and everyone would likely stay. Will be interesting considering they might be in the market for an AD soon as well...

Promote Steele and everyone would likely stay. Will be interesting considering they might be in the market for an AD soon as well...

 

That'd be a pretty big leap of faith to take on him with no HC experience, wouldn't it?

That'd be a pretty big leap of faith to take on him with no HC experience, wouldn't it?

 

Worked with Miller and Mack...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.