Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Who Replaces Rick Pitino Next Season?

Featured Replies

I'm listening to Mason and Ireland based out of Los Angeles. UCLA is likely done with Steve Alford after this season. The question is would UCLA fans want Rick Pitino to replace him.

 

The answer has been a resounding yes.

 

What I find most interesting is they fully believe he is behind the hookers and they crazed Porcini jokes for days. They never once mentioned Andre McGee. They also said bringing in Pitino would be worse than bringing in Calipari even though Calipari has had two schools go on probation because of Pitino's moral compass. I find it interesting that the nationwide narrative is that Pitino is a pimp and taking all of the blame for what McGee did.

 

 

UCLA fans are saying they want to win and they want to win now and Pitino has proven he can win.

 

Interesting radio.

  • Replies 225
  • Views 29.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm listening to Mason and Ireland based out of Los Angeles. UCLA is likely done with Steve Alford after this season. The question is would UCLA fans want Rick Pitino to replace him.

 

The answer has been a resounding yes.

 

What I find most interesting is they fully believe he is behind the hookers and they crazed Porcini jokes for days. They never once mentioned Andre McGee. They also said bringing in Pitino would be worse than bringing in Calipari even though Calipari has had two schools go on probation because of Pitino's moral compass. I find it interesting that the nationwide narrative is that Pitino is a pimp and taking all of the blame for what McGee did.

 

 

UCLA fans are saying they want to win and they want to win now and Pitino has proven he can win.

 

Interesting radio.

 

UCLA comes to Lexington next year.

Hard to believe they are cutting bait on Alford already...back to back Sweet 16 appearances for UCLA. While the previous 5 years had only 2 wins and 3 NCAA Bids.

 

But Pitino would be a decent fit for them...I guess.

Hard to believe they are cutting bait on Alford already...back to back Sweet 16 appearances for UCLA. While the previous 5 years had only 2 wins and 3 NCAA Bids.

 

But Pitino would be a decent fit for them...I guess.

 

I guess an underachieving 15-13 season will do that.

I guess an underachieving 15-13 season will do that.

I'm sure that poppa isn't happy with the way the media/fans have treated their best player either....just so happens to be the coaches son. Maybe Bryce declares and dad moves on. Would be interesting to see him at X if Mack makes the move down the Ohio to UL.

Are people still thinking this is going to be it for Pitino?

 

If so, how quickly after Saturday's season finale do you think the decision will come?

I'd be really interested to see how it plays out if he goes and with Mack.

Unlike past years Pitino will not be on CBS during the tourney in March. Saying he is going to stay out of the spot light.

Unlike past years Pitino will not be on CBS during the tourney in March. Saying he is going to stay out of the spot light.

I hate that. Really, I do. I think he does a tremendous job as an analyst.

I hate that. Really, I do. I think he does a tremendous job as an analyst.

 

I'm not a Pitino fan, but I agree.

Are people still thinking this is going to be it for Pitino?

 

If so, how quickly after Saturday's season finale do you think the decision will come?

 

At one point, I thought it might be. At this point, I think they'd have to drag him out of here. I think he believes he won't have another postseason ban and so next year's team has a shot at being very impressive if Onuaku returns.

No way he's gone.. He's top 5 coach in the country with maybe his best team next season if VJ King is any where near what he looks like on film. Nobody ever talks about how Louisville's high percentage of graduations and one of the highest GPA not just in the ACC but the country..

Only in big time college basketball, where it is more about the coach than the program, would a coach even be considered to hang around for another season after what this team went through and his past transgressions. Jim Tressel was forced to resign over tattoos and merchandise players owned being sold.

 

I think it makes for an interesting topic for another thread, maybe.

No way he's gone.. He's top 5 coach in the country with maybe his best team next season if VJ King is any where near what he looks like on film. Nobody ever talks about how Louisville's high percentage of graduations and one of the highest GPA not just in the ACC but the country..

 

It depends on the NCAA investigation. Sometimes they almost force the termination it seems.

Only in big time college basketball, where it is more about the coach than the program, would a coach even be considered to hang around for another season after what this team went through and his past transgressions. Jim Tressel was forced to resign over tattoos and merchandise players owned being sold.

 

I think it makes for an interesting topic for another thread, maybe.

 

Was Tressel fired for the tattoos and merchandise or lying to his AD about it?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.