Lawrence County Head Coach Joey Cecil Resign?

UKfan1977

Why

He's also the assistant principal at the middle school. Time would be my guess. They also graduate the house after a pretty good run these last couple years.

Whoever the next hire is, I just hope the fan base is patient because it's not going to be what it's been the last few, but it happens...part of it for schools like theirs for sure.

Coach Cecil had a really good run. He won at least one playoff game each of his five years on the job, and obviously getting to the Region Finals the last two years.

He's also the assistant principal at the middle school. Time would be my guess. They also graduate the house after a pretty good run these last couple years.

Whoever the next hire is, I just hope the fan base is patient because it's not going to be what it's been the last few, but it happens...part of it for schools like theirs for sure.

Coach Cecil had a really good run. He won at least one playoff game each of his five years on the job, and obviously getting to the Region Finals the last two years.

Hard to do that when you're a county school. Hard to do much more than that when your road includes Belfry, regardless of who you are.

He's done a great job there and whoever takes over will have big shoes to fill.

Coach Cecil has done a great job at Lawrence. His teams the last few years have had their swagger back and from the outside looking in, it seemed like he was doing things the right way. Fundamentally, Lawrence played really well and they brought a lot of physicality with them. They gave Belfry all they wanted a few times.

Good luck in the future Coach, it has been a pleasure to watch the Bulldogs under your direction.

Who is next in line? Coach Short?

Coach Cecil has done a great job at Lawrence. His teams the last few years have had their swagger back and from the outside looking in, it seemed like he was doing things the right way. Fundamentally, Lawrence played really well and they brought a lot of physicality with them. They gave Belfry all they wanted a few times.

Good luck in the future Coach, it has been a pleasure to watch the Bulldogs under your direction.

Who is next in line? Coach Short?

If he wants it, here is hoping so. He deserves it.....he's Lawrence County Football to the core. Played there as you know, went onto have a great collegiate career as the QB for Campbellsville University in the early 2000's and has orchestrated a pretty lethal offense these last few years.

The last three season averages:

32.8/ppg

3,223 Rush

1,498 Pass

Yeah, that'll work. :thumb:

Where is Billy Goldschmidt these days? He was always a favorite of mine back when I officiated footbal.

The one and only. :lol2:

He has retired. He moved to Boyle where his son Boone finished up playing and was the QB on Boyle's 2010 undefeated championship team.

He has now gone full time comedian! He and some other guys actually do a fundraising thing across the state for a lot of schools & programs that, well, as you can imagine...pretty amusing to say the least!