Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Proposed 6 Class alignment (from KHSAA)

Featured Replies

I can honestly say that this comment could not be more wrong; but you're entitled to your opinion.

 

The only rudeness you will get out of Beechwood is a rude awakening on the field.

  • Replies 168
  • Views 13.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMO the whole set up appears to be a joke. The KHSAA has destroyed the spirit of competition for way too many schools. They have created a model of mediocrity for these schools to play within. the new system will have 87% of all teams making the playoffs and in many cases all teams within districts are in before a down is played. I would hate to be one of the yeams that fall in the other 13%. The playoffs should be a reward for hard work, victories and achieving excellance on the field.

The new set up in the long range may have a crippling affect on many schools. With travel costs and school costs overall rising faster and faster, many schools are having present budget constraints that already are pushing some programs into private funding or even extinction.

Either leave it as is or reduce the playoff scenario. Make the playoffs worth the effort to get there. Think of the Sweet Sixteen in basketball. Now thats rewarding a team for there achievments.

IMO the whole set up appears to be a joke. The KHSAA has destroyed the spirit of competition for way too many schools. They have created a model of mediocrity for these schools to play within. the new system will have 87% of all teams making the playoffs and in many cases all teams within districts are in before a down is played. I would hate to be one of the yeams that fall in the other 13%. The playoffs should be a reward for hard work, victories and achieving excellance on the field.

The new set up in the long range may have a crippling affect on many schools. With travel costs and school costs overall rising faster and faster, many schools are having present budget constraints that already are pushing some programs into private funding or even extinction.

Either leave it as is or reduce the playoff scenario. Make the playoffs worth the effort to get there. Think of the Sweet Sixteen in basketball. Now thats rewarding a team for there achievments.

 

Totally agree with this post completely. I dont like having a 4 team district where every team gets in the playoffs. Just need to scrap the whole thing and stick with what we have now.

Mean Bird - Excellent post! This arrangement is just foolish.

the new system will have 87% of all teams making the playoffs and in many cases all teams within districts are in before a down is played.

 

Think of the Sweet Sixteen in basketball. Now thats rewarding a team for there achievments.

 

Using your own example -- BASKETBALL in Ky. (your reference to the Sweet 16) -- as the "standard" for excellence and the case against "mediocrity" may be the wrong thing for you to cite considering the side you're taking.

 

In basketball, in ALL cases (not just "in many cases"), all teams within districts are "in" before a ball is tipped off.

 

100% of teams that play basketball -- even if they go 0-20 in the regular season -- GET IN THE PLAYOFFS that determine who eventually makes it to the Sweet 16.

 

So does that mean our basketball tournament system, CULMINATING in a great championship event -- is flawed and rewarding of mediocrity because it doesn't correctly reward teams for their "achievements" in the regular season?

I can honestly say that this comment could not be more wrong; but you're entitled to your opinion.

 

So I guess he is wrong when he thought someone was being rude to him. :rolleyes:

 

If he said that all Beechwood fans were rude then he would be wrong. There are some rude Mayfield fans but that doesn't make them all bad. I met a few Beechwood fans at the state game and didn't have one problem with them.

The only rudeness you will get out of Beechwood is a rude awakening on the field.

 

You are right and they got one that day!

So I guess he is wrong when he thought someone was being rude to him.

 

 

I met a few Beechwood fans at the state game and didn't have one problem with them.

Exactly my point. Thanks. :thumb:

 

But I think you should re-read his statement:

 

I have only ran into the beechwood fans once at the 2002 state championship and they were very rude to me to put it nicely.

 

Plainly, it characterized all Beechwood people as rude.

 

But I think you should re-read his statement. It characterized all Beechwood people as rude. An incorrect statement.

 

That is not the way that I see it but that is nothing new for me. Just ask my wife! :lol:

IMO the whole set up appears to be a joke. The KHSAA has destroyed the spirit of competition for way too many schools. They have created a model of mediocrity for these schools to play within. the new system will have 87% of all teams making the playoffs and in many cases all teams within districts are in before a down is played. I would hate to be one of the yeams that fall in the other 13%. The playoffs should be a reward for hard work, victories and achieving excellance on the field.

The new set up in the long range may have a crippling affect on many schools. With travel costs and school costs overall rising faster and faster, many schools are having present budget constraints that already are pushing some programs into private funding or even extinction.

Either leave it as is or reduce the playoff scenario. Make the playoffs worth the effort to get there. Think of the Sweet Sixteen in basketball. Now thats rewarding a team for there achievments.

Sweet 16 starts out with every team in the state playing in the tournament. Even teams that have not won 1 game and have gotten beat by an average of 50 points.

Using your own example -- BASKETBALL in Ky. (your reference to the Sweet 16) -- as the "standard" for excellence and the case against "mediocrity" may be the wrong thing for you to cite considering the side you're taking.

 

In basketball, in ALL cases (not just "in many cases"), all teams within districts are "in" before a ball is tipped off.

 

100% of teams that play basketball -- even if they go 0-20 in the regular season -- GET IN THE PLAYOFFS that determine who eventually makes it to the Sweet 16.

 

So does that mean our basketball tournament system, CULMINATING in a great championship event -- is flawed and rewarding of mediocrity because it doesn't correctly reward teams for their "achievements" in the regular season?

Ditto..I should have read your post before I posted.

Exactly my point. Thanks. :thumb:

 

But I think you should re-read his statement:

 

I have only ran into the beechwood fans once at the 2002 state championship and they were very rude to me to put it nicely.

 

Plainly, it characterized all Beechwood people as rude.

 

Well, I didn't mean ALL beechwood fans, geez. These fans were sitting on Mayfield's side, which I thought was a little strange, but there were several of them behind us and I would have appreciated a little respect for folks with children, especially when you are losing, lol.

billybob

 

It is no where near a 1 hour difference, more like 2+ and its not like we did not have long travel times in the semis before, Mayfield and Danville are not exactly side by side, in fact they are about 200 miles apart. It is a legit grip! Imagine years where we have to travel to Louisville in the playoffs, turn around the next week and travel to Beechwood then turn back around and travel to Louisville (of course this would be provided we won those games to advance). As for us crying over having Beechwood on our side, sure I'd love to see them on your side where I feel they should be given the travel distance but as for on the field we are no worse off and more than likely we are better off (though they do have a knack for producing titles). Ever hear of Danville? maybe not since no EKY teams have had to play them but as you well know they have managed to pack home more plunder from Louisville than Beechwood (or anyone else on your side) since their arrival in class A. I"ll take my chances with Beechwood. Despite having Danville on our side we have managed to take a share of the plunder in Louisville. In fact we have managed to go 2-0 in meetings with the Beechies since moving to class A. If I were you I wouldn't take a certain upstart Lex. School to lightly, they maybe the next Beechwood for you guys in EKY.

As for Beecwood fans, I like'm, my wife is from there and I have never had any issues with the fans, they seem to be pretty cool, we just have developed closer ties with the Ads fans who we see more often. As someone pointed out though, all schools have their bad apples (except Mayfield of course). Beechwood is no different, after all isnt that Guru fella a Beechnut (couldnt help myself on that one)

Any truth to the rumor that Bell Co. may ask to move to Class 5A, District 8?

 

Hey 4chs, I haven't heard anyone mention that rumor.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.