Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Proposed 6 Class alignment (from KHSAA)

Featured Replies

I would love to see Boyle Co. moved up to 5A, in the same district as Lincoln Co., Mercer Co.,Southwestern, Pulaski Co.,and South Laurel.

  • Replies 168
  • Views 13.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Paducah Tilghman will never lose another district game :lol:

 

Somehow I doubt that, but they should dominate, no doubt.

Have they found a new FB yet, I hear the one from last year has moved to the Lone Oak school district.

I also think PT may play up a class, more traditional rivals in the local district and not much difference in power teams in 3A and 4A.

:rolleyes:

In the paper today, Dale says he wants to play up just one spot to 4A. :irked:

bawk, bawk, bawkkkkk!!!!!!!

 

 

 

 

 

JK:D

bawk, bawk, bawkkkkk!!!!!!!

 

 

 

 

 

JK:D

 

They understand that you can move up but can you move up two classes? Also, I know they want to keep the CCH/HHS rivalry strong. Will they be able to make sure they'll be in the same class as CCH?

Have they found a new FB yet, I hear the one from last year has moved to the Lone Oak school district.

I also think PT may play up a class, more traditional rivals in the local district and not much difference in power teams in 3A and 4A.

From what I hear, the player in question is staying at Tilghman.

 

I suspect that Tilghman will stay in whatever class they are assigned and beef up the non-district schedule as much as possible, keeping as many traditional rivals as they can ... most notably, Hopkinsville.

They understand that you can move up but can you move up two classes? Also, I know they want to keep the CCH/HHS rivalry strong. Will they be able to make sure they'll be in the same class as CCH?

Your guess is as good as mine. It would be great for me personally, but would probably leave the 4A district in a bind if CCH were to leave, so I'm guessing no. We'll have to live with our first game rivalry I'm afraid my friend. Oh well, at least I can count on two games on the schedule as long as we stay competitive. I was suprised to see the drop in HHS's enrollment this year, they are the largest 3A school in the proposed alignment. The drop in numbers, really had an impact on where I projected them.

From what I hear, the player in question is staying at Tilghman.

 

I suspect that Tilghman will stay in whatever class they are assigned and beef up the non-district schedule as much as possible, keeping as many traditional rivals as they can ... most notably, Hopkinsville.

 

Great news for the Blue Tornado then ! :thumb:

Then what is this?

 

 

Class 6A

1,440 Trinity (Louisville)

1,390 St. Xavier

1,142 Paul Dunbar

1,084 Henderson County

1,008 Henry Clay

983 Lafayette

967 Eastern

936 Scott County

927 Pleasure Ridge Park

891 Daviess County

881 Seneca

842 Tates Creek

826 Central Hardin

823 DuPont Manual

816 Nelson County

803 Conner

801 George Rogers Clark

800 Madison Central

793 Ballard

772 Shelby County

772 Southern

772 Southwestern

768 Campbell County

763 Meade County

762 Boone County

736 Ryle

734 Male

725 Marshall County

722 Simon Kenton

716 North Hardin

713 Butler

701 Apollo

698 Greenwood

689 Graves County

687 Fern Creek

678 Bullitt Central

ALthough I did make a typo it may have been a divine one. The are listed in 6A if you look at the link from the khsaa. They are ranked 59th and in 6A

 

http://www.khsaa.org/football/realignment/schoolenrollmentandnotesuseforrealignment.pdf

 

So either I was right all along (as I tend to believe is the case):lol: or they made a mistake too.

IMO the whole set up appears to be a joke. The KHSAA has destroyed the spirit of competition for way too many schools. They have created a model of mediocrity for these schools to play within. the new system will have 87% of all teams making the playoffs and in many cases all teams within districts are in before a down is played. I would hate to be one of the yeams that fall in the other 13%. The playoffs should be a reward for hard work, victories and achieving excellance on the field.

The new set up in the long range may have a crippling affect on many schools. With travel costs and school costs overall rising faster and faster, many schools are having present budget constraints that already are pushing some programs into private funding or even extinction.

Either leave it as is or reduce the playoff scenario. Make the playoffs worth the effort to get there. Think of the Sweet Sixteen in basketball. Now thats rewarding a team for there achievments.

 

I am afraid you couldn't be more off base with the pulse of the schools in the state from the coaches and administrators that I happen to see as I routinely travel. Get out in circulation a bit and your mind may change.

 

What is bad for the rest of the state with their proposed plan? Please realize that there is a world of 117 counties outside the tri-county area. If you want more teams in the playoffs, as most of the KFCA member coaches wanted, you have two choices. 1) more classes, 2) everyone in. In 1) you see how it would look with their draft. In 2) you deal with byes, etc. in some classes and the same coaches that complain about the draft alignment would also complain about the off week.

 

What is a better option? Since remaining in 4 is NOT what a majority of the state wants?

 

Change is uncomfortable, but this change puts football on par with all of the other sports as far as getting into the playoffs. And yet, the finals teams will likely (at least for a few years) involve most of the same teams from the past. That's the point. It isn't about the finals, number of games, or number of trophies. Its about getting more teams in the playoffs. More teams with extra weeks of practice. Think about a kid who has played for a school that has been in the finals for four straight years vs. a kid whose team hasn't made the playoffs in that time. That's five extra weeks a year, 20 weeks total practice, 20 extra games over the course of a career. And we wonder why the "rich get richer" in the playoffs? It's no wonder that some supporters of schools like Cov Cath, Beechwood, Highlands, Trinity, St. X and others would not like this change. They haven't necessarily seen life from the other side of the fence.

 

More teams in the playoffs. Intra-district play first couple of weeks means more teams have a chance to stay a week longer or so than maybe in the past. Then cross bracket for the regions, etc. I see the groundwork being laid for a tremendous improvement in OVERALL football in the state for years to come, not necessarily the continued improvement of select teams. That is what parity and balance is all about.

They understand that you can move up but can you move up two classes? Also, I know they want to keep the CCH/HHS rivalry strong. Will they be able to make sure they'll be in the same class as CCH?

Bad news, CCH and HHS both moving up to 5A can't happen. No more than 5 in a district. Looks like you'll probably both be in 4A.

 

I strongly suggest that anyone who wants to comment on this read the link below. It tells a whole lot about what is going to happen and why.

 

http://www.khsaa.org/football/realignment/alignmentcoverletter2006.pdf

ALthough I did make a typo it may have been a divine one. The are listed in 6A if you look at the link from the khsaa. They are ranked 59th and in 6A

 

http://www.khsaa.org/football/realignment/schoolenrollmentandnotesuseforrealignment.pdf

 

So either I was right all along (as I tend to believe is the case):lol: or they made a mistake too.

I don't think you made a typo (if it makes you feel better) on that original enrollment. They were originally to be in 6A. But, According to an email to the Advisory Committee that I was shown, Southwestern's enrollment from 2004-2005 was erroneously originally reported. Seems as though the data had issues when Southwestern changed its name from Pulaski Southwestern in 2004-2005, to Southwestern in 2005-2006. Like with my computer here at home, its garbage in, garbage out. When that was fixed, they dropped down where they belong.

I don't think you made a typo (if it makes you feel better) on that original enrollment. They were originally to be in 6A. But, According to an email to the Advisory Committee that I was shown, Southwestern's enrollment from 2004-2005 was erroneously originally reported. Seems as though the data had issues when Southwestern changed its name from Pulaski Southwestern in 2004-2005, to Southwestern in 2005-2006. Like with my computer here at home, its garbage in, garbage out. When that was fixed, they dropped down where they belong.

Thanks for the clarification. I feel vindicated once again. It's scarry how close I was. (Not really):laugh:

Bad news, CCH and HHS both moving up to 5A can't happen. No more than 5 in a district. Looks like you'll probably both be in 4A.

 

I strongly suggest that anyone who wants to comment on this read the link below. It tells a whole lot about what is going to happen and why.

 

http://www.khsaa.org/football/realignment/alignmentcoverletter2006.pdf

Good point, don't know if I had seen that one. But there seems to be an out clause "If and where possible". I guess that's why they can have 6 teams in the mountain Class A district (which we all know is only until Evarts and Cumberland close). Guess we have to wait and see who requests. But do you think it is set in stone that the limit will hard and fast stay at 5? Look at Harlan Central. Right now, they (if they opened tomorrow) would probably be in 6A. But if they did happen to hit 5A level, there is only one logical district, and that would increase it to 6. I know it is easy for me to sit behind my keyboard and say "make all the districts the same size", but in the end, schools aren't always built right next to each other exactly the same size, and surely, they wouldn't pull out Grant (or another school in the Harlan County example) and just move them somewhere in outer egypt just to stay within a five limit? Or would they?

Thanks for the clarification. I feel vindicated once again. It's scarry how close I was. (Not really):laugh:

 

If you are thinking like KHSAA staff or others, you should be scared. You never what will be posted about you now........

I am afraid you couldn't be more off base with the pulse of the schools in the state from the coaches and administrators that I happen to see as I routinely travel. Get out in circulation a bit and your mind may change.

 

What is bad for the rest of the state with their proposed plan? Please realize that there is a world of 117 counties outside the tri-county area. If you want more teams in the playoffs, as most of the KFCA member coaches wanted, you have two choices. 1) more classes, 2) everyone in. In 1) you see how it would look with their draft. In 2) you deal with byes, etc. in some classes and the same coaches that complain about the draft alignment would also complain about the off week.

 

What is a better option? Since remaining in 4 is NOT what a majority of the state wants?

 

Change is uncomfortable, but this change puts football on par with all of the other sports as far as getting into the playoffs. And yet, the finals teams will likely (at least for a few years) involve most of the same teams from the past. That's the point. It isn't about the finals, number of games, or number of trophies. Its about getting more teams in the playoffs. More teams with extra weeks of practice. Think about a kid who has played for a school that has been in the finals for four straight years vs. a kid whose team hasn't made the playoffs in that time. That's five extra weeks a year, 20 weeks total practice, 20 extra games over the course of a career. And we wonder why the "rich get richer" in the playoffs? It's no wonder that some supporters of schools like Cov Cath, Beechwood, Highlands, Trinity, St. X and others would not like this change. They haven't necessarily seen life from the other side of the fence.

 

More teams in the playoffs. Intra-district play first couple of weeks means more teams have a chance to stay a week longer or so than maybe in the past. Then cross bracket for the regions, etc. I see the groundwork being laid for a tremendous improvement in OVERALL football in the state for years to come, not necessarily the continued improvement of select teams. That is what parity and balance is all about.

That's what I'm talking about right there!!!

 

:thumb:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.