Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Proposed 6 Class alignment (from KHSAA)

Featured Replies

I agree that Class A looks like a monstrosity. Look at poor old Campbellsville. They've got to travel to Lynn Camp and Middlesboro? C'mon, that's like 2+ hours for district games.

 

2A is interesting. Danville and Bardstown in the same district.

 

Middlesboro is in 2A. Williamsburg is the other team I think you meant. And that works both ways. My guess it would be set up where they are not making that trip twice in the same year, at least in the regular season. It will tough for Lynn Camp and Williamsburg to make out schedules, that is about 3 more non district games. It will also be sad to rivals like Harlan and Pineville out of not just the district, but the region too.

  • Replies 168
  • Views 13.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like this district except for having Knott County Central in it. And putting Somerset, Corbin, and Middlesboro in the same district will renew some very good, and sometimes intense rivalries from the 70's and 80's. Leslie County has a very good program getting going again, and should be competetive in the district.

 

I just think that having a very weak team like Knott County, who is on the other side of Hazard doesn't work. You are looking at about an 2 1/2 travel time for both Middlesboro and Somerset just for a district game, and that's a long way to travel for some fans.

 

I haven't been able to look at the full class 2 A listing yet, but I hope to be able to soon. These computers at my new job stink!

 

Doesn't Middlesboro already play in the district with Knott? Their is not many teams from EKY in the New 2A.

I don't see one ... unless, of course, my views were tied to the success of a particular team or two. Which seems to be on which all this is based.

 

I guess people could just complain for the rest of their life......but it is not changing the fact that we are going to 6 classes.:sleep:

Isn't the Highlands district the most rediculous thing you've ever seen? There is NO WAY they will want to stay in that kind of arrangement. They will definitely play up. Get out the erasers boys. There's gonna be a lot of changes to be made! :rolleyes:

 

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: Not near competitive enough for the Birds. Clock would be running every second half against any of those district opponents. I think Breathitt County and Belfry are the only other schools in all of 3A that have won a state championship in the last 20 years.

Is the new Harlan County school going to be 6A? Talk about travelling for a district game, Harlan to Shelby County and Scott County.

Is the new Harlan County school going to be 6A? Talk about travelling for a district game, Harlan to Shelby County and Scott County.

 

The visiting team may have to fly in when Harlan Co. and Shelby Co. play........or play on a Saturday.

 

My guess is that they did not put Harlan Co. in with the Lexington schools(which would be a little better)just in case Bryan Station moves up to 6A.

I guess people could just complain for the rest of their life......but it is not changing the fact that we are going to 6 classes.:sleep:
It's not a done deal just yet. And heck yes, I'm going to complain. I love high school football, but this proposal stinks.
Isn't the Highlands district the most rediculous thing you've ever seen? There is NO WAY they will want to stay in that kind of arrangement. They will definitely play up. Get out the erasers boys. There's gonna be a lot of changes to be made! :rolleyes:

I agree HHS will move up, but what will CCH do? Will they do it together or will one or the other not move up? I would think that HHS will want to be 4 or 5A, it all depends. I think 4A will be a good class, and if they both move to 5A, it will be just as good and the district will be tougher. Can't wait to see what you guys do. We got room for both of you so come on up!

I guess people could just complain for the rest of their life......but it is not changing the fact that we are going to 6 classes.:sleep:
There is going to be some feedback officially entered in on this, so the complaints and suggestions aren't as useless as you think.
Middlesboro is in 2A. Williamsburg is the other team I think you meant. And that works both ways. My guess it would be set up where they are not making that trip twice in the same year, at least in the regular season. It will tough for Lynn Camp and Williamsburg to make out schedules, that is about 3 more non district games. It will also be sad to rivals like Harlan and Pineville out of not just the district, but the region too.

 

You're right, I meant Williamsburg.

Doesn't Middlesboro already play in the district with Knott? Their is not many teams from EKY in the New 2A.
Yes they do.

 

 

 

People need not worry about the travel times...just go out there, laces those cleats up, strap those shoulder pads down, & buckle that chin strap and let the fun begin!!!!
:ylsuper:
Is the new Harlan County school going to be 6A? Talk about travelling for a district game, Harlan to Shelby County and Scott County.

 

 

I'd be surprised if Harlan County stays in 6A. The district has been losing 200 students a year for 20 years. The KHSAA is apparently counting the Letcher County students currently attending Cumberland High School. Those students won't be moving on to the new school.

 

The Harlan County to Shelby County trip is 195.1 miles. I'd like to see anyone else in the state top that. Harlan County would fit much better in the 5A district with Letcher, Clay, Perry etc..

Class A is a joke. I would be shocked if Louisville Holy Cross didn't play up. In that district, they may never lose but not much competition to get them ready for the playoff run.

 

And speaking of road trips, how about the 6-A one for Shelby County to travel to Harlan County Central (or whatever the consolidated school in Harlan County is going to be called).

Where does everyone get this playing up idea? The KHSAA is going to put everyone where they belong.

 

Harlan co. is a long way from anywhere, whatever district/class they play in.

I agree HHS will move up, but what will CCH do? Will they do it together or will one or the other not move up? I would think that HHS will want to be 4 or 5A, it all depends. I think 4A will be a good class, and if they both move to 5A, it will be just as good and the district will be tougher. Can't wait to see what you guys do. We got room for both of you so come on up!
In my dream scenario, CCH goes up one and we go up two....then it's on! :thumb:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.