Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Track the Reds (Second Half)

Featured Replies

Nice get ahead fast ball there Franklin. :irked:

  • Replies 5.3k
  • Views 225k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm dragging this morning, after watching this game....:sleep:

I'm dragging this morning, after watching this game....:sleep:

Me too.

I'm dragging this morning, after watching this game....:sleep:

 

No way was I running back and forth to BGP from my bedroom to post at 3:00 am. However, I'm tired and my dogs ribs are sore...:madman: :madman:

I saw an opposum while driving last night. He had a Reds uniform on. I looked at my beautiful wife (honey if you read this I think you're beautiful) and told her "Look at that possum, he's gonna get killed on the road. I just hope that he doesn't play dead at home."

Man I just got here to the office and I'm strugglin', you know if I'm gonna suck it up and watch for 16 flippin' innings, the least we can do is win the remaining game with the stinkin' Dodgers. I think the whole team read in every media outlet possible how important this west coast trip was gonna be, and it's hard to play with 2 hands around your neck. GEEEEEEEEEZZZZZZ!!!!!

 

By the way, does anyone else despise J.D. Drew? If I were on the hill and could chuck it up there mid 90's, I believe the first pitch I threw would test his mobility.

 

Part of me is thankful to even have hope at this time of the year, but part of me also would almost rather have already bowed out than to come this close and suck down the stretch. Perhaps I'm just exhausted and disgruntled. I feel sorry in advance for the first patient who doesn't cooperate today!!!!

I saw an opposum while driving last night. He had a Reds uniform on. I looked at my beautiful wife (honey if you read this I think you're beautiful) and told her "Look at that possum, he's gonna get killed on the road. I just hope that he doesn't play dead at home."
:laugh: So true.

 

I watched the game up until the bottom of the 8th, runner on 2nd, and David Weathers comes into the game.

You and HSSB deserve each other...

 

2 beacons of reason on a dark ocean of euphoria.

I love Griffey & he's one of my favorite players of all-time. But, I'm getting frustrated with "The Kid". A few nights ago he strikes out, the ball goes all the way to the backstop, and he doesn't even give a courtesy JOG to 1st base.

 

Tonight, he leads off the top of the 10th, and LA puts the shift on him. 0 outs, extra innings & a must win game. All Jr. has to do is drop down a decent (at best) bunt, hustle to 1st and we have the leadoff man on. Instead, he swings 3-4 times for the fence and strikes out. I understand he's having a tough time away from the field with his family, but if your head isn't there and you aren't going to be a team player, get off the flippin' field.

 

This game (with LA) is too important for an ego, especially now that it is into extra innings.

 

But don't worry, I'll be on here singing his praises tomorrow when he gets that HR in the 17th. ;)

A couple of weeks back Narron was quoting as saying he would prefer Jr. and Dunn not bunt when they have a chance to win the ballgame with one swing of the bat.

2 beacons of reason on a dark ocean of euphoria.

That's pretty. Don't know what it means, but sure sounds pretty.:D

I have an uncle that lives in Dayton who is eating this series up. Probably one of the biggest Dodgers fans in the state of Ohio. His brother is a Reds fan. The best thing is sitting and listening to these two "debating" the two teams.

2 beacons of reason on a dark ocean of euphoria.

 

I was thinking more along the lines of pessimists but if this makes you sleep better at night...so be it.

 

 

Seriously, hssb a "beacon of reason"...

 

I don't care what day it is. There's not a chance of me laying off.

During the losing streak, Cincinnati is 4-for-47 (.086) with runners in scoring position. Ouch...

During the losing streak, Cincinnati is 4-for-47 (.086) with runners in scoring position. Ouch...
....:scared: That speaks volumes, as the current problem.

 

These are the typical 5-7 game slumps, teams get in and if the Reds can hang close, not fall behind too many other teams, they will remain in the mix.

 

This race will go down to probably the last game and with possibly 4-5 teams, with a chance going into the last series for each.

Is anybody else encouraged that they've played sa bad as possible over the last 5 games and they're only 1/2 game out in the wild card and 3 1/2 out in the division? I still think they have a better chance of winning the division than the wild card.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.