Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Track the Reds (Second Half)

Featured Replies

I'll take all of this over "The Reds are still playing?" theory of the Dan O' and Leather Pants era...

 

Of course. For some reason, though, fans aren't excited about this team. As long as this team has sucked - now they are decent and in contention and the fans still don't show up.

 

Must be those dang negative posts on the dreaded message boards.

  • Replies 5.3k
  • Views 225k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
....now they are decent and in contention and the fans still don't show up.
I've about wondered, the lack of attendance at GABP.

 

Does any reason, other than the play on the field exists. Prices, families involved with their own, MLB has lost appeal of fans, other, more or a combination....thoughts?

Of course. For some reason, though, fans aren't excited about this team. As long as this team has sucked - now they are decent and in contention and the fans still don't show up.

 

Must be those dang negative posts on the dreaded message boards.

Sounds a lot like Marvin's first season in The Jungle...

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060830/SPT04/608300383/1071

 

The Reds also could slide prospect Homer Bailey into that spot. Krivsky saw Bailey throw for the first time since spring training Monday at Double-A Chattanooga.

 

"He threw all three pitches," Krivsky said. "He changed speeds. He had his delivery under control."

 

The numbers were typical Bailey: six innings of two-hit shutout ball, no walks, eight strikeouts.

 

He's 7-0 with a 1.06 ERA in 12 starts for Chattanooga.

 

Bailey, a 20-year-old right-hander, is still under consideration for a September call-up. Krivsky wouldn't say Tuesday if that will happen.

 

"We haven't made that decision," he said.

 

Bailey doesn't have to be up by Sept. 1 to be added to the playoff roster. Because the Reds have pitchers on the disabled list, they can add any pitcher in the organization to the playoff roster. They didn't have any position players on the DL, so Denorfia had to be up before Friday to be eligible

 

 

 

One of the thoughts on Homer was he just threw the ball hard. WK seems to have indicated that he is not just a 98 MPH pitcher anymore.

 

And those stats at AA is past being good and dominating.

I've about wondered, the lack of attendance at GABP.

 

Does any reason, other than the play on the field exists. Prices, families involved with their own, MLB has lost appeal of fans, other, more or a combination....thoughts?

I can't afford to go to a lot of games. Plus, between my daughter's golf schedule and my son's baseball schedule, I don't have a lot of free time to go. Ten-twenty years ago, children's sports schedules were not this cramped.

Screw it. Bring the kid up and let's give him the #5 spot...

I can't afford to go to a lot of games. Plus, between my daughter's golf schedule and my son's baseball schedule, I don't have a lot of free time to go. Ten-twenty years ago, children's sports schedules were not this cramped.

I can afford to go to a lot of games, I just can't go on hssb's budget... :D

Screw it. Bring the kid up and let's give him the #5 spot...

If they weren't in a playoff race, would they bring him up on Sept 1st.

If they weren't in a playoff race, would they bring him up on Sept 1st.

Most likely...

I can't afford to go to a lot of games. Plus, between my daughter's golf schedule and my son's baseball schedule, I don't have a lot of free time to go. Ten-twenty years ago, children's sports schedules were not this cramped.
I think many have the same time constraints.

 

I'm happy to be home, other than on Sunday.

Screw it. Bring the kid up and let's give him the #5 spot...

Whether they do it or not...It's a bad idea, IMO.

 

I think I'm on record saying this...somewhere.

Whether they do it or not...It's a bad idea, IMO.

 

I think I'm on record saying this...somewhere.

...yes, along with someone else.

 

:D

Whether they do it or not...It's a bad idea, IMO.

 

I think I'm on record saying this...somewhere.

I've been with you all year............until now....

Krivsky saying that he's not sure yet is a 180 degree turn from his season-long stance .

...yes, along with someone else.

 

:D

 

That's right, my MUCH older brother...:D

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.