Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Track the Reds (Second Half)

Featured Replies

Don't just limit that to baseball and major leaguers. It is about ESPN highlights these days and not fundamentals.

It's about a (paycheck) and nothing else. Gone are the days when a player received a raise based on their performance. If management went back to that I guarantee we would see a whole different game than we watch today.It doesn't matter if they produce, it just takes a decent year and the money comes rolling in. If we produced on our jobs the way some major league players do we would be looking for work tomorrow.

  • Replies 5.3k
  • Views 225k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Agreed. As Reds fans, we should be most excited about the Bob/Wayne combo.

 

Even though I agree with that, what is the most exciting thing? There doesn't appear to be help in the minors outside of 2 players that could help soon. They're only 5 games better than last year and they got rid of two young every day players for two bullpen guys who haven't helped the team in a month. It looks like the NL has figured out Arroyo. How long until they figure out Lohse? I think you shoot every bullet you have this year and worry about what to do next time your in the pennant race if that time ever comes.

Even though I agree with that, what is the most exciting thing? There doesn't appear to be help in the minors outside of 2 players that could help soon. They're only 5 games better than last year and they got rid of two young every day players for two bullpen guys who haven't helped the team in a month. It looks like the NL has figured out Arroyo. How long until they figure out Lohse? I think you shoot every bullet you have this year and worry about what to do next time your in the pennant race if that time ever comes.

Is it fair to talk about the reason our Farm System stinks, and that the Twins model we now have should fix that in time? And PLEASE give Kearns and Lopez a rest. Offense is not the problem, and they were as expendable as it gets...

Is it fair to talk about the reason our Farm System stinks, and that the Twins model we now have should fix that in time? And PLEASE give Kearns and Lopez a rest. Offense is not the problem, and they were as expendable as it gets...

 

 

The Twins model should work, but how long will it take to build it? Will the core guys be here to reap the benefits? I would feel much better with healthy pitchers from that trade or if Kearns was in the lineup every day.

The Twins model should work, but how long will it take to build it? Will the core guys be here to reap the benefits? I would feel much better with healthy pitchers from that trade or if Kearns was in the lineup every day.

If you put Kearns in, you erase all that Freel has done since the trade. They are both hitting like crap right now, so that's a wash...

The Twins model should work, but how long will it take to build it? Will the core guys be here to reap the benefits? I would feel much better with healthy pitchers from that trade or if Kearns was in the lineup every day.

 

I still dont mind the trade of Kearns. As GT said they both have not been hitting great, but Freel has made alot of plays in the outfield that Kearns couldn't make. The only part in that trade that I really dont like is giving up Lopez for Clayton. Clayton has just been absolutely terrible since the trade. I really dont know if Lopez has been much better but he was atleast young and could get better possibly.

The only part in that trade that I really dont like is giving up Lopez for Clayton. Clayton has just been absolutely terrible since the trade. I really dont know if Lopez has been much better but he was atleast young and could get better possibly.

And he was about to get one big arbitration before he was a FA after next year. There was very little chance he was a Red after 07. I'll take Bray over Lopez in that situation, but I know I'm in the minority...

And he was about to get one big arbitration before he was a FA after next year. There was very little chance he was a Red after 07. I'll take Bray over Lopez in that situation, but I know I'm in the minority...

 

Well if giving up Lopez was the only way we could get Bray too then I will agree with you because Bray is going to be a huge part for this team for years to come...

Well if giving up Lopez was the only way we could get Bray too then I will agree with you because Bray is going to be a huge part for this team for years to come...

 

There's the problem with everyones interpretation of the trade. It had nothing to do with Lopez vs Clayton. It had to do with getting pitching. The Nationals had no use for Clayton anymore and the Reds didn't have an everyday shortstop so they threw him in. It was not a straight up Lopez for Clayton deal. He was like losing a dollar, it kind of stinks but doesn't really matter.

Even though I agree with that, what is the most exciting thing? There doesn't appear to be help in the minors outside of 2 players that could help soon. They're only 5 games better than last year and they got rid of two young every day players for two bullpen guys who haven't helped the team in a month. It looks like the NL has figured out Arroyo. How long until they figure out Lohse? I think you shoot every bullet you have this year and worry about what to do next time your in the pennant race if that time ever comes.

 

Latch, my friend,you must think long-term. Rome wasn't built in a day and the fiasco known as the Reds minor leagues is not going to be Marlins-like for a while. The roster is still in for major changes as soon as next season.

 

I'm excited for the future.

Offense is not the problem, and they were as expendable as it gets...

 

Today.

 

However, we're depending on a rapidly-aging HOFer and an aging utility player to supply a fair amount of our offense. Wayne will have to address that in , at most, the next two seasons.

Today.

 

However, we're depending on a rapidly-aging HOFer and an aging utility player to supply a fair amount of our offense. Wayne will have to address that in , at most, the next two seasons.

I'm sure he knew that going in. As it was, he was looking at the same situation if he kept Kearns and Lopez. I see no way he would overpay to keep them in the FA market after next year. Finding players to come in here and hit for our price will not be a problem IMO...

Padres win 4-1. Phillies win 5-1. Fish lead Cards 5-1 in 4th...

5-5 now in STL. I'm at my limit on 10:00 starts...

Scratch BP. He's been sick all day. Rich to 2B and Clayton in at SS...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.