Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Track the Reds (Second Half)

Featured Replies

....:lol: and don't forget "Wiser", too.

 

 

 

LARGE Age gap?....

And HammerTime.:p

  • Replies 5.3k
  • Views 225k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We should start a new Reds thread entitled, "Track the Reds and always think the worst will happen, When it does yell "I told you so" or "write it down" etc. etc. etc. Then act like you've fulfilled your Reds prophecy and celebrate amongst yourselves. Make sure the season is presumed a loss before a pitch is ever thrown. Make sure you beat Jason Larue being a bad hitter, Griffey being lazy, and Freel can't play every day like a dead horse. Make sure every move Narron makes is broken down and critisized. When he makes mistakes again yell, "I told you so.""

 

 

For the record, I haven't once criticized Jerry Narron or any decision he has made. I don't recall ever having said "write it down," but if I did, I'm embarrassed. I'm further sure you'll never hear me say "I told you so," but I may infer it in about 23,582 different ways.:D It's beyond thinking the worst will happen, heck, in "real life" I'm ridiculously optimistic (my wife tells me 100x day to take my rose colored glasses off and "be real"), it's just that the worst is happening. Their lack of pitching is catching up with them, winning every close game is over and done, and them being in the race despite being out-scored on the year (universal pre-cursor of a team that will collapse down the stretch) is dwindling away. I've been a Reds' fan much longer than nearly everyone in this thread every day, and I want NOTHING MORE than for them to make the playoffs -- it just appears doubtful given the state of their ballclub at this point.

 

That being said, I'll be up again tonight, watching Fox, and pulling for the Redlegs.

 

 

IAAF, I thought we were friends? :D:p

:thumb: See, we can agree on something.:D It seems that most players in MLB can not play simple fundementals but it has been a Reds problem all year.

Don't just limit that to baseball and major leaguers. It is about ESPN highlights these days and not fundamentals.

Everyone was so happy and ready to go now they lose 4 straight and people want to burn the stadium down. Could this be their collapse maybe, but we have to wait and see. We are a 1/2 game out of the playoffs people. Relax and enjoy the playoff race before football season starts.

I've about wondered, the lack of attendance at GABP.

 

Does any reason, other than the play on the field exists. Prices, families involved with their own, MLB has lost appeal of fans, other, more or a combination....thoughts?

I brought this up back in May when they were off to a fast start and was told not to worry and that it wasn't a big deal. It has went up slightly since then but still ranks 20 out of 30. I'm thinking Reds fans want to see wins in September when it matters before they return to their home park en masse.

 

But 20th is still pretty lame for a team that is getting it done on the field compared to recent years.

Relax and enjoy the playoff race before football season starts.

Which was either two friday's ago, this saturday, or at worse, a week from Sunday. :thumb: :D :walk:

I brought this up back in May when they were off to a fast start and was told not to worry and that it wasn't a big deal. It has went up slightly since then but still ranks 20 out of 30. I'm thinking Reds fans want to see wins in September when it matters before they return to their home park en masse.

 

But 20th is still pretty lame for a team that is getting it done on the field compared to recent years.

I agree and especially leading or tied, for the WC and battling for a Division title.

 

I wondered, if the trading of Casey and Kearns, local favorites....soured some loyal fans and discouraged others?

 

And HammerTime.:p
....:thumb:
Everyone was so happy and ready to go now they lose 4 straight and people want to burn the stadium down. Could this be their collapse maybe, but we have to wait and see. We are a 1/2 game out of the playoffs people. Relax and enjoy the playoff race before football season starts.

Are you saying the reds have until this weekend to get going?College starts this week and if the reds don't start right now they will be done by this weekend.

For the record, I haven't once criticized Jerry Narron or any decision he has made. I don't recall ever having said "write it down," but if I did, I'm embarrassed. I'm further sure you'll never hear me say "I told you so," but I may infer it in about 23,582 different ways.:D It's beyond thinking the worst will happen, heck, in "real life" I'm ridiculously optimistic (my wife tells me 100x day to take my rose colored glasses off and "be real"), it's just that the worst is happening. Their lack of pitching is catching up with them, winning every close game is over and done, and them being in the race despite being out-scored on the year (universal pre-cursor of a team that will collapse down the stretch) is dwindling away. I've been a Reds' fan much longer than nearly everyone in this thread every day, and I want NOTHING MORE than for them to make the playoffs -- it just appears doubtful given the state of their ballclub at this point.

 

That being said, I'll be up again tonight, watching Fox, and pulling for the Redlegs.

 

 

IAAF, I thought we were friends? :D:p

 

 

We're friends. I'd hate to keep you up all night (watching baseball) worrying about me.:D

Are you saying the reds have until this weekend to get going?College starts this week and if the reds don't start right now they will be done by this weekend.

I'm not saying that at all. I'm saying be happy we have something to look forward to. The past few years at this time there would never be this much buzz about the reds. Because they stink and everyone is focused on football starting. My point is be happy that they are at least in contention. I was referring to the Pro football start anyways.

We're friends. I'd hate to keep you up all night (watching baseball) worrying about me.:D

GT says so many nice things about you, I'd hate to start (insert joke here) thinking he was lying to me. :jump:

GT says so many nice things about you, I'd hate to start (insert joke here) thinking he was lying to me. :jump:

 

 

He could be lying or I could have tricked him. We used to BGP on the same computer.

For the record, with the new management I in no way believe this will be the only post-season opportunity for Homer as a Red.

 

I agree that new management makes it easy to look ahead and think good things, but a lot of things have to go right for small market teams to compete. They can't afford big injuries to pitchers and their farm system has to be stacked. They don't do it by adding big time free agents or signing multiple position players to big contracts.

 

Here are a few reasons I think there is a 60-70% chance this could be Homer's only chance.

 

1. They're 1/2 game out of playoff position with 30 games left and I think they may not be this close again in the next 5 years.

2. I would say it's at best 50-50 that Homer is a quality starting pitcher in the big leagues in 5 years. There are far more can't miss 20 year old pitching prospects that don't have 5 good years than the ones that do.

3. Farm system doesn't seem to have many other big time prospects.

4. NL will improve just as much or more than the Reds.

5. It's possible that Phillips, Ross, Aurilia, and Hatteberg will never have this kind of offensive year again. I would say Phillips is the only one who even has a chance to imrove on this years numbers.

6. Griffey will be here for at least some of those 5 years and it's pretty safe to say he's not going to get a whole lot better.

7. Freel is not an every day right fielder and Dunn is young and will get paid a serious amount of cash over the next 5 years. That means 3 new starting outfielders in the next 2-3 years unless they pay Dunn too much for their budget.

 

 

I'm not saying that Bailey is the answer to this years team. I'm just saying there are questions. It would not bother me at all if he's brought up to the club to see what he can do. I remember a few years ago when Anaheim won the world sereis they brought up a 20 year old pitcher who is one of the biggest reasons they even reached the post season let alone win the title.

For the record, with the new management I in no way believe this will be the only post-season opportunity for Homer as a Red.

 

Agreed. As Reds fans, we should be most excited about the Bob/Wayne combo.

The wheels are really starting to come off.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.