Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Track the Reds (Second Half)

Featured Replies

Krivsky saying that he's not sure yet is a 180 degree turn from his season-long stance .

That would lead me to believe Bailey looked VERY good the other day...

  • Replies 5.3k
  • Views 225k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We should start a new Reds thread entitled, "Track the Reds and always think the worst will happen, When it does yell "I told you so" or "write it down" etc. etc. etc. Then act like you've fulfilled your Reds prophecy and celebrate amongst yourselves. Make sure the season is presumed a loss before a pitch is ever thrown. Make sure you beat Jason Larue being a bad hitter, Griffey being lazy, and Freel can't play every day like a dead horse. Make sure every move Narron makes is broken down and critisized. When he makes mistakes again yell, "I told you so.""

 

Did I miss anything?

Your post says it all!! Good analogy of what is taking place with the Reds.:thumb:

That's right, my MUCH older brother...:D
....:lol: and don't forget "Wiser", too.

 

 

 

LARGE Age gap?....

I've been with you all year............until now....

 

I know. I dislike this even more though. Especially if we're going to label him "savior".

For the record, with the new management I in no way believe this will be the only post-season opportunity for Homer as a Red.

For the record, with the new management I in no way believe this will be the only post-season opportunity for Homer as a Red.
I agree and in all seriousness, the Reds are 1-2 "quality starting pitchers" away, from being a solid team for the next 3-5 years.

 

Salary and avoiding injuries, will be the other key.

Well, I am glad I ONLY stayed up till 1:30 to watch the first half of them game....sounds like the second half was pretty dreadful. :irked:

You don't think they'll make it. We get it... :D

You may get it GT but there are some who posted as otherwise. That post was for them. Just replying to a reply.:D

Well well. I see some folks are ruffled.

 

LaRue sucks. He'll suck even worse next year when his pay goes to $5.2M.

 

Griffey is not worth $10M per year - offensively or defensively.

 

Freel should play a lot but not every day.

 

Narron has coached this team to a .500 record. I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be excited about.

 

I am thrilled to have the Reds in a playoff race. However, you must admit that they make it difficult to get excited when our first thought of the day is "well, I hope San Diego lost, too."

:thumb: The truth hurts.

I agree and in all seriousness, the Reds are 1-2 "quality starting pitchers" away, from being a solid team for the next 3-5 years.

 

Salary and avoiding injuries, will be the other key.

I disagree. They need another run-producer. Jr. is not going to be productive for that length of time. Aurillia won't last that length of time either.

 

In addition, they need some SERIOUS bullpen help.

 

Without additions of a major status, the Reds window is 1-3 years, INCLUDING this year, at tops to me.

I disagree. They need another run-producer. Jr. is not going to be productive for that length of time. Aurillia won't last that length of time either.

 

In addition, they need some SERIOUS bullpen help.

 

Without additions of a major status, the Reds window is 1-3 years, INCLUDING this year, at tops to me.

That is only 2 players, on a team that leads virtually every offensive category.

 

They need STARTING PITCHING and the bullpen, wouldn't be nearly as bad, as they would not be pitching near the innings.

I disagree. They need another run-producer. Jr. is not going to be productive for that length of time. Aurillia won't last that length of time either.

 

In addition, they need some SERIOUS bullpen help.

 

Without additions of a major status, the Reds window is 1-3 years, INCLUDING this year, at tops to me.

 

The bold is where I truly think there will be a difference from the past...JMO.

Clayton not being able to lay the bunt down in the 6th inning(man on second and the next batter after clayton hit what woulda been a sac fly to right) and hitting into a double play in the 8th cost them the game imo.

Clayton not being able to lay the bunt down in the 6th inning(man on second and the next batter after clayton hit what woulda been a sac fly to right) and hitting into a double play in the 8th cost them the game imo.
It didn't help but certainly didn't cost them the game. That was only 1 of 48 outs, which the Reds had their chance.
That is only 2 players, on a team that leads virtually every offensive category.

 

They need STARTING PITCHING and the bullpen, wouldn't be nearly as bad, as they would not be pitching near the innings.

I agree with what you said but think the time frame you chose is too long. I feel their window is much shorter and a reason why I think they go for broke this year.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.