Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Track the Reds (Second Half)

Featured Replies

It didn't help but certainly didn't cost them the game. That was only 1 of 48 outs, which the Reds had their chance.

 

 

The error in the first hurt, but not getting the bunt down did cost them a run which means they wouldn't have been tied in the 9th. You'd think a 12 year veteran SS could get a bunt down.

  • Replies 5.3k
  • Views 225k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I agree with what you said but think the time frame you chose is too long. I feel their window is much shorter and a reason why I think they go for broke this year.
Small market teams, rely on and survive on small/stable salaries.

 

In 3-5 years, certain big name players will no longer be playing for the Reds, in my opinion and that money, can than be used to acquire other players. They also have several dollars tied up, in some "less than effective pitchers", who will also be gone....thus part of my reason for 3-5 years.

Small market teams, rely on and survive on small/stable salaries.

 

In 3-5 years, certain big name players will no longer be playing for the Reds, in my opinion and that money, can than be used to acquire other players. They also have several dollars tied up, in some "less than effective pitchers", who will also be gone....thus part of my reason for 3-5 years.

I hope you are right but I fear that it will be like 99(was that the year of the 1 game vs. the Mets?). And followed by some sub-standard years.

 

Only difference is the new ownership.

.... You'd think a 12 year veteran SS could get a bunt down.
I'm with you here my friend....I watchde a clinic one day, from former Reds Dave Collins and he said something to the effect...

 

"Fundamentals and practicing fundamentals, are part of your obligation and if you don't, you let down the other 24 and it shows your lack of commitment in being a complete player....it shows you are lazy".

 

The impact, has always stuck with me.

I'm with you here my friend....I watchde a clinic one day, from former Reds Dave Collins and he said something to the effect...

 

"Fundamentals and practicing fundamentals, are part of your obligation and if you don't, you let down the other 24 and it shows your lack of commitment in being a complete player....it shows you are lazy".

 

The impact, has always stuck with me.

 

 

I agree 100%. Do you think a fine is in order for Clayton? I think it should be. He's paid to do his job and I fully expected him to be able to get a bunt down in fair territory. He didn't do his job.

I know. I dislike this even more though. Especially if we're going to label him "savior".

 

Yeah, I'm with you sticky. Leave the kid down there & stick to your guns. The Reds had him on a pitch count / inning count for a reason. Don't let the thought of the playoffs ruin what could be a long, great career.

 

Krivsky & Castellini WANT to win, and that's great. It's something that has been lacking in Cincinnati for a while. If this were Lindner's team, I'd say bring Homer up right now; however, I think we're going to spend some money in the offseason and improve this team...again. We'll be back, and the kid is 20 years old. Let's not put any more pressure on him than he already has.

I agree 100%. Do you think a fine is in order for Clayton? I think it should be. He's paid to do his job and I fully expected him to be able to get a bunt down in fair territory. He didn't do his job.

Well if that is the criteria for a fine then some of those bullpen pitchers are going to be owing the Reds money.

Well if that is the criteria for a fine then some of those bullpen pitchers are going to be owing the Reds money.

 

Bunting is a fundamental aspect of the game. Royce is a 12 year veteran and there is no excuse for not getting a bunt down. Bad pitchers are a great excuse for bad pitching.

I agree 100%. Do you think a fine is in order for Clayton? I think it should be. He's paid to do his job and I fully expected him to be able to get a bunt down in fair territory. He didn't do his job.
No fine, just in that AB he didn't do his job. MLB players, must put the "last", hit, error, out or miscue behind them and move on.

 

He'll come through some other time, soon.

I have always been told that if you can catch a baseball you can bunt a baseball...

I have always been told that if you can catch a baseball you can bunt a baseball...

So are you saying Dunn can't bunt???:D:p

I have always been told that if you can catch a baseball you can bunt a baseball...
It's an aspect, fundamental of the game, that is more mental (concentration) than physical.

 

They get caught up too much, with bat angle and trying to push down this line, that line or get passed the pitcher and forget....to make contact and get the ball on the ground.

The error in the first hurt, but not getting the bunt down did cost them a run which means they wouldn't have been tied in the 9th. You'd think a 12 year veteran SS could get a bunt down.

:thumb: See, we can agree on something.:D It seems that most players in MLB can not play simple fundementals but it has been a Reds problem all year.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.