Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Track the Reds (Second Half)

Featured Replies

I fell sleep before the game started...good thing.

Wake up to another loss.

Reds are back at .500.

For all the hoopla, the Reds are in serious danger of finishing the season below .500 again.

 

Didn't the Washington Nationals have a similar season last year, then faded in August and plummeted in the standings?

  • Replies 5.3k
  • Views 224.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Correct.... its time to start focusing on WHO DEY !!!! The Reds are good at letting us down. I do appreciate them giving us hope in August. I cant remember the last time I actually stayed up late to watch a REDS game in August. Maybe it was back in 1990 or something.

I think the 4-6 trip I asked for sounds reasonable now... :irked:

:thumb: :irked:

Dear Dodgers:

 

Thanks for ruining our season.:madman:

 

 

With hate, The Reds

With all do respect HT, the Doders haven't ruined our season. I think the we (the Reds) are doing a pretty good job of that on our own.

Reds have to have good series against S.D., if not then get the forks out. JMO. This has been nice to still have interest in these games and playoff possibilities this late in the season, it has been a while.

With all do respect HT, the Doders haven't ruined our season. I think the we (the Reds) are doing a pretty good job of that on our own.

 

Yes, they have!:thumb:

Latch, my friend,you must think long-term. Rome wasn't built in a day and the fiasco known as the Reds minor leagues is not going to be Marlins-like for a while. The roster is still in for major changes as soon as next season.

 

I'm excited for the future.

 

 

I am thinking long term, but I'm also a realist. Do I think Krivsky could build a Twins like organazation? Yes, but do I also think there's a chance it might not work out? Yes. I hope like most people on here that they compete every year for the post season, but I also think there's a chance this is the closest they get to the playoffs in the next 5 years. How many people on this current club or in their farm system do you see helping them in 4 years?

If you put Kearns in, you erase all that Freel has done since the trade. They are both hitting like crap right now, so that's a wash...

 

 

I wouldn't mind the trade so much if the pitchers they aquired were helping at all right now. They're not.

I am thinking long term, but I'm also a realist. Do I think Krivsky could build a Twins like organazation? Yes, but do I also think there's a chance it might not work out? Yes. I hope like most people on here that they compete every year for the post season, but I also think there's a chance this is the closest they get to the playoffs in the next 5 years. How many people on this current club or in their farm system do you see helping them in 4 years?

 

Dunn, Edwin, Freel, Bray, Bailey, Phillips, Ross, Ramirez, Denorfia. The turn over rate in MLB is so high that this is a pretty solid nucleus to build around. There are several other minor leaguer names that I have on the tip of my tongue.

Dunn, Edwin, Freel, Bray, Bailey, Phillips, Ross, Ramirez, Denorfia. The turn over rate in MLB is so high that this is a pretty solid nucleus to build around. There are several other minor leaguer names that I have on the tip of my tongue.
....:thumb:

 

6-10 over the last stretch and including losing the last 6.....BUT, they are still within striking distance of the Cardinals but will need help.

 

The Reds have some big series coming up and they control, their own fate.

 

6 games w/Padres (will help determine WC)

7 games w/Cubs (the Cubs now, got to go at least 6-1)

5 games w/Pirates (must win 4-1 or 5-0)

....and take care of Astros, Marlins and not break even on any series. It can be done and I believe the off day, will help and Friday begins a winning streak.

For the record, I haven't once criticized Jerry Narron or any decision he has made. I don't recall ever having said "write it down," but if I did, I'm embarrassed. I'm further sure you'll never hear me say "I told you so," but I may infer it in about 23,582 different ways.:D It's beyond thinking the worst will happen, heck, in "real life" I'm ridiculously optimistic (my wife tells me 100x day to take my rose colored glasses off and "be real"), it's just that the worst is happening. Their lack of pitching is catching up with them, winning every close game is over and done, and them being in the race despite being out-scored on the year (universal pre-cursor of a team that will collapse down the stretch) is dwindling away. I've been a Reds' fan much longer than nearly everyone in this thread every day, and I want NOTHING MORE than for them to make the playoffs -- it just appears doubtful given the state of their ballclub at this point.

 

That being said, I'll be up again tonight, watching Fox, and pulling for the Redlegs.

 

 

IAAF, I thought we were friends? :D:p

 

 

 

 

Though I have been critical of Narron(and will continue to be), I will second your post. I have been a Reds' fan for over 36 years and will continue to be until I breathe my last. I look forward to the Reds being a playoff team once again, if not this season, hopefully soon. I cherish all my Reds' memories I have over the years. Whether they win 60 games or 100 games, I love those Redlegs(though I do miss the BRM days).

Is Castro sick too? :p

There is a virus going around the clubhouse, it's causes you to hit ground balls with runners in scoring position and causes certain players to jog to first base.

Well on the bright side you guys will get to go to bed early tonight, and sticky won't have to act like he stayed up to watch the whole game come morning. :D:p :p

 

I didn't pay too close of attention last night after Griffey made a knothole mistake.

Dunn, Edwin, Freel, Bray, Bailey, Phillips, Ross, Ramirez, Denorfia. The turn over rate in MLB is so high that this is a pretty solid nucleus to build around. There are several other minor leaguer names that I have on the tip of my tongue.

 

In 4-5 years I will be surprised if half are there. Name the several minor league ones, save it and see if any are helping in 5 years. I think if the Reds don't make the playoffs this year and aren't competing next year Dunn gets traded b/c of his obvious value and the fact that he's going to get paid a whole bunch of money. The Twins, Marlins, and A's don't compete b/c they sign a lot of guys to big contracts. They trade them away build prospects that are cheap and have very good pitching that mostly comes from the drat and tose trades.

With all do respect HT, the Doders haven't ruined our season. I think the we (the Reds) are doing a pretty good job of that on our own.

:thumb: Very well said. The Reds had the chances and did not take advantage of them. They beat themselves with poor pitching (at times it was great) Poor hitting with RISP, and horrible fundemental baseball.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.