Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Track the Reds (Second Half)

Featured Replies

Though I have been critical of Narron(and will continue to be), I will second your post. I have been a Reds' fan for over 36 years and will continue to be until I breathe my last. I look forward to the Reds being a playoff team once again, if not this season, hopefully soon. I cherish all my Reds' memories I have over the years. Whether they win 60 games or 100 games, I love those Redlegs(though I do miss the BRM days).

:thumb: Well said!!

  • Replies 5.3k
  • Views 224.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stat of the Day: The last time the Reds were at .500 was 1-1.

I didn't pay too close of attention last night after Griffey made a knothole mistake.

 

I missed the game - what'd he do?

Though I have been critical of Narron(and will continue to be), I will second your post. I have been a Reds' fan for over 36 years and will continue to be until I breathe my last. I look forward to the Reds being a playoff team once again, if not this season, hopefully soon. I cherish all my Reds' memories I have over the years. Whether they win 60 games or 100 games, I love those Redlegs(though I do miss the BRM days).

:thumb: :thumb: Very good post, I feel the same way tm!!:ylsuper: :ylsuper:

I missed the game - what'd he do?

 

Line drive hit directly at him in with a guy on first or second. He tried to make a sliding catch...not diving and the ball got by him. The third base coach saw him over shoot his cut off man so he tried to score the batter, luckily Aurilia was there to back up the cut off man. (Fundamentally correct) The first runner scored and they got an out, I just didn't think it was a smart play.

There is a virus going around the clubhouse, it's causes you to hit ground balls with runners in scoring position and causes certain players to jog to first base.

:thumb: :laugh: :laugh: I Just hope that this virus does not go in to the full blown "Quit" epedemic!:eek: :irked:

We stink right now. On the bright side, we will not lose today! Sleep well Reds fans!

If the Reds can somehow come out of SD with 2 of 3, they will still keep my interest, however, if they lose all 3, I will have to devote my time to football. Somehow I don't really mind that.

Line drive hit directly at him in with a guy on first or second. He tried to make a sliding catch...not diving and the ball got by him. The third base coach saw him over shoot his cut off man so he tried to score the batter, luckily Aurilia was there to back up the cut off man. (Fundamentally correct) The first runner scored and they got an out, I just didn't think it was a smart play.

 

 

How can you overshoot the cutoff man to home when you threw it right to him? The 1B is the cutoff to home. When you check the runner (to make sure he touches first) you continue to the middle of the field and the catcher lines you up and directs the cut. If Griffey threw it home and Aurilia cut it then Griffey hit his cut.

How can you overshoot the cutoff man to home when you threw it right to him? The 1B is the cutoff to home. When you check the runner (to make sure he touches first) you continue to the middle of the field and the catcher lines you up and directs the cut. If Griffey threw it home and Aurilia cut it then Griffey hit his cut.

 

Um, that's little league. When a ball gets passed the outfielder the second baseman is the long cut and the SS backs him up. The first baseman is the short cut. In MLB you rarely see a ball get by someone and the first baseman cut it off. It's always either the SS or 2nd baseman. It's set up so if you have a really deep fence you can hit your 2nd baseman and than your 1st baseman if necessary.

Um, that's little league. When a ball gets passed the outfielder the second baseman is the long cut and the SS backs him up. The first baseman is the short cut. In MLB you rarely see a ball get by someone and the first baseman cut it off. It's always either the SS or 2nd baseman. It's set up so if you have a really deep fence you can hit your 2nd baseman and than your 1st baseman if necessary.

 

 

I didn't see the play, but if the runner on 2nd scored then it must not have got past him very far. I'm not sure I understand your little league comment.

I didn't see the play, but if the runner on 2nd scored then it must not have got past him very far. I'm not sure I understand your little league comment.

 

HUH? He was playing rather deep and slid (sort of) for the ball to try to catch it. He wasn't close. The ball rolled all the way to the wall.

 

From the centerfield wall to home plate it went Griffey, Clayton, Aurilia, Hatteberg, LaRue.

 

I may have made a mistake last post. Switch the 2nd baseman and SS. I was thinking Aurilia was playing SS, it doesn't matter though. Either way, I don't think Griffey should've tried to dive for the ball is my only point. The guy on second doesn't score and there's a chance for a double play.

 

The little league comment was an attempt to get you started.:sssh:

HUH? He was playing rather deep and slid (sort of) for the ball to try to catch it. He wasn't close. The ball rolled all the way to the wall.

 

From the centerfield wall to home plate it went Griffey, Clayton, Aurilia, Hatteberg, LaRue.

 

I may have made a mistake last post. Switch the 2nd baseman and SS. I was thinking Aurilia was playing SS, it doesn't matter though. Either way, I don't think Griffey should've tried to dive for the ball is my only point. The guy on second doesn't score and there's a chance for a double play.

 

The little league comment was an attempt to get you started.:sssh:

 

 

That clears it up!!!

Um, that's little league. When a ball gets passed the outfielder the second baseman is the long cut and the SS backs him up. The first baseman is the short cut. In MLB you rarely see a ball get by someone and the first baseman cut it off. It's always either the SS or 2nd baseman. It's set up so if you have a really deep fence you can hit your 2nd baseman and than your 1st baseman if necessary.

The play is on sportcenter "lowlights". Other than the gaff on the catch, what went wrong? With regards to the little league comment, they were all lined up in a row, the first baseman was in the correct position with the ball laying at the base of the wall. I thought the relay was correct, am I missing something? And that play wasn't as big a deal to me as the missed throw from Freel to Larue and the miss on the third strike by Larue which would have been a strike out/throw out DP. Obviously both scored!

The play is on sportcenter "lowlights". Other than the gaff on the catch, what went wrong? With regards to the little league comment, they were all lined up in a row, the first baseman was in the correct position with the ball laying at the base of the wall. I thought the relay was correct, am I missing something? And that play wasn't as big a deal to me as the missed throw from Freel to Larue and the miss on the third strike by Larue which would have been a strike out/throw out DP. Obviously both scored!

 

Again, I had more of a problem with Griffey diving for the ball in that scenario than the cutoff.

 

Luckily everyone was in the correct position, as I was explaining to Iam. If not, Drew scores because of the overthrow.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.