Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Track the Reds (Second Half)

Featured Replies

  • Replies 5.3k
  • Views 224.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For some strange reason, I spent most of the day with full confidence the Reds would win this game. I hardly watched it, kept the TV muted and only glanced up at times. I went downstairs to get something to drink when the Padres were down 4-2, but had runners on 2nd and 3rd, not worried at all. I came back and not only did the Reds hold them, but they had already scored a run to make it 5-2. I just felt the day off would get the ship righted, and it did. Let's keep it going Redlegs!

Nice W for the good guys. Let's hope it's the start of a streak in the other direction...

Managers get the blame when teams lose and too much praise, when teams win. Narron may not be liked by some/many fans but this team, is playing very close to what they would be, under most anyone else.

 

I agree with the above.

 

 

Making out a lineup, overseeing ego's, deciding what relief pitcher to bring in the 3rd inning, attempting to jell 30 new players since the season started, is an extreme challenge for any manager....I for one, think Narron has done a very good job, overall.

 

Now, I will respectfully disagree. He's done an average job at best as a)you indicate in the first post and b)as the record indicates.

He loafed down the line on a ball hit to 2nd baseman Todd Walker. Walker misplay the ball out in shallow right field, which should have made Griffey safe by a mile. Griffey was dogging it though, and was only safe because Walker also made a bad throw on the play. After all of that Griffey was barely safe.

I bold "only", bc you are exactly right. A good throw and Jr is out by 2 steps....absolutley no excuse. He is supposed to be the leader on this club, and they are making a playoff run, he knows better than that, and I am getting tired of him jogging around.

He loafed down the line on a ball hit to 2nd baseman Todd Walker. Walker misplay the ball out in shallow right field, which should have made Griffey safe by a mile. Griffey was dogging it though, and was only safe because Walker also made a bad throw on the play. After all of that Griffey was barely safe.

:thumb: Thanks, the time that I have gotten mad on Griff not hustling were situations just like that.(loafing running down the line-or lack there of)

Game two with the Fathers just about to get underway. Need to take 2 out of 3 here, at least.

Peavy vs Lohse. Would be nice to get this one...

Peavy vs Lohse. Would be nice to get this one...

Gametime, you got it on TV, I don't.

Gametime, you got it on TV, I don't.

No TV...

10 pitches, 2 Ks and 3 outs from Peavy to start it...

22 pitches from Peavy after 2. That's not good at all...

22 pitches from Peavy after 2. That's not good at all...

Not looking good. 2-0 Fathers after two innings of play.

32 pitches. 5 Ks. 0 hits and 1 walk erased by a DP. Perfect...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.