Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ashland Football

Featured Replies

Especially the 1928 basketball National Championship. But yeah, the others are nice too. :lol:

 

What was the format for that title? Was there a 64 team tourney like March Madness???

  • Replies 204
  • Views 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What was the format for that title? Was there a 64 team tourney like March Madness???

 

No clue. It happened 50+ years before I was born. I suppose they could have taken the state champion from whichever states could afford to send a team, and played a tourney with what was left. But honestly I have no idea.

Thank you for your input. We will give it all the respect and consideration it deserves.

I would say it carries as much respect and consideration with coach Hart as yours.

Well it's obvious to see that some teams around NEKY have one good season and now they are the only program around that knows how to win. :rolleyes:

Some teams also have beat the mighty Tomcats more often than not over the last 3 decades. Not just one season.:fire:

How did the scrimmage go ?

 

 

Others have answered before me, so I’ll just say that the Tomcats still have a lot of work to do. I think the Tomcats are better than they showed Saturday. Fortunately there is still some time left before game 1.

 

Campbell Co. looked good - congratulations, and good luck this year.

I watched about 40 minutes after getting the little yaks signed up for JFL. I thought Campbell Co was definately the aggressors. I didn't see the Ashland team look very enthused about making plays. Many think that coming off camp week may have slowed them a step.

Others have answered before me, so I’ll just say that the Tomcats still have a lot of work to do. I think the Tomcats are better than they showed Saturday. Fortunately there is still some time left before game 1.

 

Campbell Co. looked good - congratulations, and good luck this year.

 

Well said Graybeard,the center-QB snap and the o-lines inside running game for starters .The o-lineman all play one way except for a couple and should get the job done with a little pride and effort.

(IMO) The Tomcats are better too and can improve.

Campbell Co. showed us what fundemental toughness and discipline can do for a football team.

The next scrimmage will show us if these Tomcats have some grit and move the football down the field.

I did not mean to hurt anyones feelings ,but its time to get after it up front where ballgames are won and lost.;)

Some teams also have beat the mighty Tomcats more often than not over the last 3 decades. Not just one season.:fire:

 

GIAT et al can't stand it that the luster has definitely faded from the Tomcat sports programs over the years...:rolleyes:

 

Sad how some can't acknowledge that maybe other area schools are just as good...or maybe even a little better...than their precious Tomcats.

What was the format for that title? Was there a 64 team tourney like March Madness???

 

I'm not sure of the format but the style of play back then was very similar to the style that Ashland and Russell have played for the past 4 or 5 years. I believe the State Championship game was Ashland 13 Carr Creek 10.

 

Those numbers should sound familiar to all Russell and Ashland basketball fans. :D

Ashland looked bad bad bad. We dont have a true QB and the O- Line isnt there either.

Well said Graybeard,the center-QB snap and the o-lines inside running game for starters .The o-lineman all play one way except for a couple and should get the job done with a little pride and effort.

(IMO) The Tomcats are better too and can improve.

Campbell Co. showed us what fundemental toughness and discipline can do for a football team.

The next scrimmage will show us if these Tomcats have some grit and move the football down the field.

I did not mean to hurt anyones feelings ,but its time to get after it up front where ballgames are won and lost.;)

I don't know a whole lot about Ashland football, but watching that scrimmage I think the biggest thing they need to work on was the O-line. Hard to tell what the others could do when the defense was almost taking the hand off or chasing the QB for a 10 to 15 yard loss. I talked to one of the Camels DT's and he told me that is was easy to beat them off the snap. He had a couple tackles for loss and a sack, he said a couple times he got in barely being touched. It is early and these things can be fixed, maybe they were tired from that camp you guys are talking about. Good luck to Ashland.

Ashland 13, Carr Creek 11. But please remember that it took three ovetimes. Ancient history but still interesting for historians, archeologists, and traditionalists.

Ashland 13, Carr Creek 11. But please remember that it took three ovetimes. Ancient history but still interesting for historians, archeologists, and traditionalists.

 

Or anyone with an appreciation and respect for the past, and the achievements of those who worked hard. Regardless of how long ago something happened it is important to remember, recognize, and take pride in any achievement. To often in today's society achievements of previous generations are overlooked by the "what have you done for me lately" syndrome. Kentuckians take pride in 7 NCAA Men's Basketball Championships, regardless of the fact that only 2 of those have come within the last 28 years. The fact that some people are able to take pride in a long standing history of achievement is something that a lot of people in today's world could learn and benefit from. Thank you and goodnight.

I don't know a whole lot about Ashland football, but watching that scrimmage I think the biggest thing they need to work on was the O-line. Hard to tell what the others could do when the defense was almost taking the hand off or chasing the QB for a 10 to 15 yard loss. I talked to one of the Camels DT's and he told me that is was easy to beat them off the snap. He had a couple tackles for loss and a sack, he said a couple times he got in barely being touched. It is early and these things can be fixed, maybe they were tired from that camp you guys are talking about. Good luck to Ashland.

 

I was impressed with #79 at left d-end he made alot of big plays and stuffed some outside plays.

Good luck Camels.:thumb:

Or anyone with an appreciation and respect for the past, and the achievements of those who worked hard. Regardless of how long ago something happened it is important to remember, recognize, and take pride in any achievement. To often in today's society achievements of previous generations are overlooked by the "what have you done for me lately" syndrome. Kentuckians take pride in 7 NCAA Men's Basketball Championships, regardless of the fact that only 2 of those have come within the last 28 years. The fact that some people are able to take pride in a long standing history of achievement is something that a lot of people in today's world could learn and benefit from. Thank you and goodnight.

Very well said!! Without the past there is no future. A player today (or a fan) should respect what the players before them have accomplished, they have laid the groundwork, so to speak. I can not think of any instance where a player or fan should forget what the Pride & Tradition of their respective program means. Most that are negative toward another program are speaking with envy!!!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.