Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ashland Football

Featured Replies

Hey Graybeard. How does the QB situation look?

 

 

I’m not ignoring you Fball – but I don’t think it is appropriate for me to comment. I’m sure that the coaches will do what is best for the team.

  • Replies 204
  • Views 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Or anyone with an appreciation and respect for the past, and the achievements of those who worked hard. Regardless of how long ago something happened it is important to remember, recognize, and take pride in any achievement. To often in today's society achievements of previous generations are overlooked by the "what have you done for me lately" syndrome. Kentuckians take pride in 7 NCAA Men's Basketball Championships, regardless of the fact that only 2 of those have come within the last 28 years. The fact that some people are able to take pride in a long standing history of achievement is something that a lot of people in today's world could learn and benefit from. Thank you and goodnight.

:thumb: :thumb: Very well stated GIAT.

That I agree with!!;)

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :thumb: :thumb:

I’m not ignoring you Fball – but I don’t think it is appropriate for me to comment. I’m sure that the coaches will do what is best for the team.

Nice post greybeard. A few of us on here could learn from your wisdom!! Myself included.

I’m not ignoring you Fball – but I don’t think it is appropriate for me to comment. I’m sure that the coaches will do what is best for the team.

No problem. I was just wondering.

No, nausea was the correct word.

 

 

I never said that Ashland did not "help carry that NEKY flag". I have great respect for the coaches and players at Ashland. It is some fans that give me a sour stomach.

 

All schools have those fans. No need to single Ashland out.

I do believe envy was the correct word. We all hear how Russell has dominated this series, while winning 4 of the last 7 and 20 of the 50 of the games played between these two schools. These numbers suggest to me that Ashland is helping to carry that NEKY flag as well as anybody in this area.;)

:thumb: :thumb:

All schools have those fans. No need to single Ashland out.

 

Some teams just have more of them:thumb:

Now we have Raceland joining Ashland in putting the squeeze on Russell. However, Russell still has bragging rights in light of its Class AA State Championship. The right to brag comes from performance on the playing field and not with BGP posts. Advantage: Russell.

:thumb:

Very well said!! Without the past there is no future. A player today (or a fan) should respect what the players before them have accomplished, they have laid the groundwork, so to speak. I can not think of any instance where a player or fan should forget what the Pride & Tradition of their respective program means. Most that are negative toward another program are speaking with envy!!!

 

 

:thumb:

Not to be buttin' into your thread, but where's the articulate and beautiful (when you peel the cobwebs away) Aunt Bea this year? I want to buy the lovely old hag an Ensure when you come to Paintsville this fall. If she's done passed on, could you do the Weekend At Bernie's thing?

Not to be buttin' into your thread, but where's the articulate and beautiful (when you peel the cobwebs away) Aunt Bea this year? I want to buy the lovely old hag an Ensure when you come to Paintsville this fall. If she's done passed on, could you do the Weekend At Bernie's thing?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Come to think of it I haven't seen her on here lately either. I do hope the sweet ol' soul is in good health.

All schools have those fans. No need to single Ashland out.

I never said it was only Ashland that had those fans. Every school has them. Actually that comment was directed at a fan of another school.

 

By the way. Still looking for some info on the Tomcats QB situation. Personally I think it would be more beneficial if Mahan could handle the QB duties and allow your most experienced and best reciever to do what he does best.

Or anyone with an appreciation and respect for the past, and the achievements of those who worked hard. Regardless of how long ago something happened it is important to remember, recognize, and take pride in any achievement. To often in today's society achievements of previous generations are overlooked by the "what have you done for me lately" syndrome. Kentuckians take pride in 7 NCAA Men's Basketball Championships, regardless of the fact that only 2 of those have come within the last 28 years. The fact that some people are able to take pride in a long standing history of achievement is something that a lot of people in today's world could learn and benefit from. Thank you and goodnight.

 

 

Or maybe you haven't won anything in a while and that's all you got. How can you even talk about Kentucky in this, UK won 2 titles less than 10 years ago. I think I would talk about Ashland's 90' championship before I'd say anything about the 20's. Yea, take pride in it but don't act like because those titles happened back then you have a great program. You have a great program because of what you've done lately, you may not like it but that's the way it is. Tradition does not mean your program is great forever.

Or maybe you haven't won anything in a while and that's all you got. How can you even talk about Kentucky in this, UK won 2 titles less than 10 years ago. I think I would talk about Ashland's 90' championship before I'd say anything about the 20's. Yea, take pride in it but don't act like because those titles happened back then you have a great program. You have a great program because of what you've done lately, you may not like it but that's the way it is. Tradition does not mean your program is great forever.

 

 

Your opinion on this subject has nothing to do with how I've felt, feel, or will feel about my Tomcats. Thanks for your input, but it is basically meaningless to me. :thumb:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.