Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ashland Football

Featured Replies

Or maybe you haven't won anything in a while and that's all you got. How can you even talk about Kentucky in this, UK won 2 titles less than 10 years ago. I think I would talk about Ashland's 90' championship before I'd say anything about the 20's. Yea, take pride in it but don't act like because those titles happened back then you have a great program. You have a great program because of what you've done lately, you may not like it but that's the way it is. Tradition does not mean your program is great forever.

 

 

I believe it is Tomcat tradition. With those titles in the 20's and 30's Ashland has a title in every other decade as well with the exception of a few. Not many programs in the state can make a claim like that. Yes, the last title was in 1990, but Ashland has been very competitive over that time frame as well, just a game or two short of playing for the state title several times.

 

Some people on these forums keeps talking about how Ashland people keep bringing up the past, but it's always the outsiders that talk of how Ashland's program is down and it has not carried the NEKY flag ( as one BGP'er referred to Ashland not doing enough of). I believe the program has done as well as any around.

  • Replies 204
  • Views 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I believe it is Tomcat tradition. With those titles in the 20's and 30's Ashland has a title in every other decade as well with the exception of a few. Not many programs in the state can make a claim like that. Yes, the last title was in 1990, but Ashland has been very competitive over that time frame as well, just a game or two short of playing for the state title several times.

 

Some people on these forums keeps talking about how Ashland people keep bringing up the past, but it's always the outsiders that talk of how Ashland's program is down and it has not carried the NEKY flag ( as one BGP'er referred to Ashland not doing enough of). I believe the program has done as well as any around.

Very good points kick, the Tomcats are usually the first name thought of when people around the state talk about football in our part of the state along with Russell, Raceland (no state titles but I feel that they are respected) and Lawrence Co.. IMO without the past, there is no tradition. I consider Belfry, Pikeville and Paintsville as EKY rather than NEKY, if not you can add those to the list.

All schools have those fans. No need to single Ashland out.

 

True, but not every school has those fans broadcasting their games on the radio...:thumb:

True, but not every school has those fans broadcasting their games on the radio...:thumb:

 

Amen:laugh:

Or You have a great program because of what you've done lately, you may not like it but that's the way it is. Tradition does not mean your program is great forever.

Define the word tradition.

True, but not every school has those fans broadcasting their games on the radio...:thumb:

If we wanted to discuss the radio guys I am sure we could have a great debate about the ones calling the Russell games. Have you heard those guys lately?:eek: :confused:

If we wanted to discuss the radio guys I am sure we could have a great debate about the ones calling the Russell games. Have you heard those guys lately?:eek: :confused:

Nobody has since last December. :D But that was a month after the last Ashland football radio broadcast. Also what station is it that airs Raceland football????;)

 

By the way, they are terrible.

If we wanted to discuss the radio guys I am sure we could have a great debate about the ones calling the Russell games. Have you heard those guys lately?:eek: :confused:

 

I wouldn't put them in the "homer" category. They're just not very good at broadcasting HS football.

I wouldn't put them in the "homer" category. They're just not very good at broadcasting HS football.

They do not even know what a homer is. Not only are they not very good, they really are horrible at what they do.

They do not even know what a homer is. Not only are they not very good, they really are horrible at what they do.

 

I hate to admit it, but I would rather listen to a Horrible Fair Commentator as a Arrogant Obnoxious one....:thumb:

 

But that is kinda off the subject of the forum, well I guess maybe it isnt because this is a forum of Ashland Football, and whether you like it or not, their Radio Announcer is definetly part of their "Tradition".:thumb:

I hate to admit it, but I would rather listen to a Horrible Fair Commentator as a Arrogant Obnoxious one....:thumb:

 

But that is kinda off the subject of the forum, well I guess maybe it isnt because this is a forum of Ashland Football, and whether you like it or not, their Radio Announcer is definetly part of their "Tradition".:thumb:

Does anyone find it interesting that in another thread on this site Marty Brennaman is applauded for being arrogant and obnoxious and the Tomacat announcer is bashed for those qualities.

Does anyone find it interesting that in another thread on this site Marty Brennaman is applauded for being arrogant and obnoxious and the Tomacat announcer is bashed for those qualities.

There could be deeper issues??????????????????????

They do not even know what a homer is. Not only are they not very good, they really are horrible at what they do.

 

I was trying to be kind.

If we wanted to discuss the radio guys I am sure we could have a great debate about the ones calling the Russell games. Have you heard those guys lately?:eek: :confused:

As bad as Russell's broadcasters are they are imo just stupid and horrible. On another note there is the arrogant, obnoxious and stupid crew that calls the Fairview games :rolleyes: . That crew has hit the trifecta.:sssh: :lol: :lol:

I hate to admit it, but I would rather listen to a Horrible Fair Commentator as a Arrogant Obnoxious one....:thumb:

 

But that is kinda off the subject of the forum, well I guess maybe it isnt because this is a forum of Ashland Football, and whether you like it or not, their Radio Announcer is definetly part of their "Tradition".:thumb:

They are obnoxious at times and not bashful about who they want to win, but you have to give them credit, when you listen to their game, you can actually tell what is going on and they do understand the game.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.