Ashland Football

They are obnoxious at times and not bashful about who they want to win, but you have to give them credit, when you listen to their game, you can actually tell what is going on and they do understand the game.

I will agree with their Talent, Dickie is possibly the best play by play guy in the state....Just cant stand the little extra touch he puts into it.....No need for it....But like I said, I wont disagree with his talent:thumb:

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will agree with their Talent, Dickie is possibly the best play by play guy in the state....Just cant stand the little extra touch he puts into it.....No need for it....But like I said, I wont disagree with his talent:thumb:

He does add that little extra. I have also heard him blast his own when they did not play well. You are right about his game plan,it is as good as it gets. He had a great teacher!!

He does add that little extra. I have also heard him blast his own when they did not play well. You are right about his game plan,it is as good as it gets. He had a great teacher!!

Dickie does tell it like it is,if you dont like it turn it off.:thumb:

Dickie does tell it like it is,if you dont like it turn it off.:thumb:

jericho, I said nothing about not liking him or his broadcast:confused: , only stating what he does or doesn't do. Read my other post and you will see that I am a Dickie M. fan. He does a great job of calling a game.

jericho, I said nothing about not liking him or his broadcast:confused: , only stating what he does or doesn't do. Read my other post and you will see that I am a Dickie M. fan. He does a great job of calling a game.

Sorry cat i was not refering to you post,i should hve kept my mouth shut .:thumb:

True, but not every school has those fans broadcasting their games on the radio...:thumb:

The subject of Ashland's radio crew has been beaten to death. So to keep it simple, if you dont like them, you dont have to listen to them. It's not like your paying their salary and have a legit complaint.

Sorry cat i was not refering to you post,i should hve kept my mouth shut .:thumb:

Jericho51:

You’re post makes me laugh because it reminds me how often I suffer from that “foot-in-mouth” disease – or wishing I hadn’t just typed something. We need a “give me that back button” on here.

Cheers,

Graybeard

Look at these posts ... Ashland Football should be about football. Again something is wrong when a school the tradition of Ashland is debating Radio announcers. I want the Tomcats to be successful ... Forumla is simple .. pound it with the stump -Fields Davis ... Make the basketball players , quarterbacks or recievers ...

Look at these posts ... Ashland Football should be about football. Again something is wrong when a school the tradition of Ashland is debating Radio announcers. I want the Tomcats to be successful ... Forumla is simple .. pound it with the stump -Fields Davis ... Make the basketball players , quarterbacks or recievers ...

There wouldn't be a debate if the fans of other schools weren't so concerned with who broadcasts Ashland's games. This isn't a topic of concern among the Ashland faithful.

There wouldn't be a debate if the fans of other schools weren't so concerned with who broadcasts Ashland's games. This isn't a topic of concern among the Ashland faithful.

:confused: I thought this site was for debate. It's not a concern T-Cat-4Life, only an opinion intended for support. I think if you check out the other post you will see some Tomcat faithful present so it is not a one way street.

Jericho51:

You’re post makes me laugh because it reminds me how often I suffer from that “foot-in-mouth” disease – or wishing I hadn’t just typed something. We need a “give me that back button” on here.

Cheers,

Graybeard

Count me in on being guilty of that on more than one occasion also greybeard.:thumb: That "give me that back button" may not be a bad idea.:p

I will take a chance at foot & mouth disease; " Ashland will beat Russell and should have beaten them last year".

I don't knoiw about last year and will not make any predictions for this years game. All I can express is that I HOPE Ashland beats Russell.:D