Ashland Football

I have heard from some players that part of Ashland's line problems are due to injuries and 2 or 3 key starters will be out for a couple of weeks.

We do have some key guys out. I do not want to make excuses, because the others need to pick up the load. We will no doubt have injuries to deal with all season – just like every year.

Seniors nursing injuries: Michael Walters, Lacey Snodgrass and Brian Salyers. Also, Fields Davis has been ill all week.

I don’t know if any of these guys will be able to play Saturday.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What does everyone think about the tomcats this year? Who will the qb be? Who sill step up and fill the outside linebacker positions? Will there be any surprise players this yr.? How far will the cats go in the playoffs?
The QB question is the biggest ? whether or not they have a good or great season. Hopefully they can find a way to get McDavid back to receiver, if the Mahan kid works out at QB? Either way I will be an exciting year with Coach Hart at the helm. I dont know how much of a surprise this is but the younger Bonner kid could be an impact player.

Ashland hasn't been Ashland for a long time , I want them to be Ashland again in all activites , it's good for our entire area. When you go down state , very few know where Russell or Flatwoods are but everyone knows Ashland. So let's recommit to the run with Fields and Darrell , tone down the passing , tackle on defense and go deep into the playoffs again. Ashland has the kids ....
Deep into playoffs?:confused: Just because they didn't beat the mighty Devils in a few years, doesn't mean they are not still one of the best teams in EKY? Don't forget the 2A state champs just beat them by 8, had a chance to score and go for 2 for the tie with under a minute left. And IMO Ashland played terrible in that game. Just for the record I'am a Devils fan also, and hope the Red Devils win it all again!!! Except for ONE!!!!!!:D

Its really hard sometimes rambler.

Good luck to the Rams this year,ive been a Rams fan since my ex-Ashland coach Bill Tom was at Raceland,plus a very close friends son Matt McKinzie played for the Rams.Matt was a super player .He sure killed us at LB when we played them .:thumb:

:thumb: Matt was one of the hardest hitters to ever wear a Ram uniform. If he were bigger it would have been dangerous. He was also a great kid.Raceland was glad to have him.

The QB question is the biggest ? whether or not they have a good or great season. Hopefully they can find a way to get McDavid back to receiver, if the Mahan kid works out at QB? Either way I will be an exciting year with Coach Hart at the helm. I dont know how much of a surprise this is but the younger Bonner kid could be an impact player.

Im not sure about the young Bonner kid being an impact player. He'll mainly be blocking.His brother is one heck of a player though.