Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ashland Football

Featured Replies

General observations from camp:

 

• Last night the team was hitting hard

• The O-line looks big and strong

• Several running backs running hard

• QB – the coaches seem to be favoring Drew McDavid over Mahan

 

Looking forward to Saturday’s scrimmage.

What time does that start?

  • Replies 204
  • Views 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What time does that start?

 

Saturday at noon – we scrimmage Campbell Co.

Saturday at noon – we scrimmage Campbell Co.

How did the scrimmage go ?

How did the scrimmage go ?

 

I was only there for the first few series, it was 7-0 Campbell when I left. I must say I wasnt too impressed with the Tomcats right now. The O-line was flat out HORRIBLE. I heard Mahan moved the ball pretty well later in the game.

How did the scrimmage go ?

Don't know if Ashland struggled that bad or if the Camels are that good.

The first strings, the Camels pretty much had their way on both sides of the ball scoring a couple times and moving the ball well, while holding Ashland to negative yards. Camels defense looks like it has picked up right where it left off last year as NKY best. Sauerbeck(mlb) looks very good. Ashland scored a couple times late with their JV when the Camels had several Frosh. on the field. They took 9 or 10 Freshman with them. All and all is was good to see some football again.

Don't know if Ashland struggled that bad or if the Camels are that good.

The first strings, the Camels pretty much had their way on both sides of the ball scoring a couple times and moving the ball well, while holding Ashland to negative yards. Camels defense looks like it has picked up right where it left off last year as NKY best. Sauerbeck(mlb) looks very good. Ashland scored a couple times late with their JV when the Camels had several Frosh. on the field. They took 9 or 10 Freshman with them. All and all is was good to see some football again.

 

 

Good to know the Camp. has a good D, and maybe our offense wasnt just that bad.

Looks like we have a couple more new Tomcats! :sssh: :ylsuper:

 

Do you know if either played football at their previous schools? I hear they're from Ohio.?:sssh:

Do you know if either played football at their previous schools? I hear they're from Ohio.?:sssh:

 

I know one did for sure.

Don't know if Ashland struggled that bad or if the Camels are that good.

The first strings, the Camels pretty much had their way on both sides of the ball scoring a couple times and moving the ball well, while holding Ashland to negative yards. Camels defense looks like it has picked up right where it left off last year as NKY best. Sauerbeck(mlb) looks very good. Ashland scored a couple times late with their JV when the Camels had several Frosh. on the field. They took 9 or 10 Freshman with them. All and all is was good to see some football again.

Ashland struggled a little but that is expected this time of the year especially after just breaking camp. I really thought that Campbell Co. was very quick on both sides of the ball and was impressed with how their lineman stayed with their blocks until the whistle.Tomcat pass coverage looked pretty good, I liked the way the D swarmed to the football. It was good to watch some football. I thought # 80 (Tomcats) looked like a nice receiver. Campbell Co. sure came out fired up and will make some noise this season. Ashland will also be heard from I'm sure. Good luck Tomcats except for the opener!!

I also wanted to mention that the receiver from Campbell County made a tremendous catch in the scrimmage. His concentration was amazing and one of the best catches I have witnessed in any football game. I do not know who the young man was but he gets a big thumbs up (:thumb: ) great catch.

I also wanted to mention that the receiver from Campbell County made a tremendous catch in the scrimmage. His concentration was amazing and one of the best catches I have witnessed in any football game. I do not know who the young man was but he gets a big thumbs up (:thumb: ) great catch.

That would be John Snowball #4. That was a great catch. He dropped a couple easy balls then came up with that one. I seen a catch very similar to that one, made by a high school kid on espn. For those of you who are curious, while running backwards he reached around each side of the defender,who was facing him and caught the ball behind the defender and held on while both went to the ground. To add insult, the db was called for pass interference, face guarding. John plays mostly db. Most of the Camels starting wideouts were hurt and did not play.

That would be John Snowball #4. That was a great catch. He dropped a couple easy balls then came up with that one. I seen a catch very similar to that one, made by a high school kid on espn. For those of you who are curious, while running backwards he reached around each side of the defender,who was facing him and caught the ball behind the defender and held on while both went to the ground. To add insult, the db was called for pass interference, face guarding. John plays mostly db. Most of the Camels starting wideouts were hurt and did not play.

Thanks for the info and I apologize for not describing the great catch. For him to drop the previous passes and then have enough focus to make that catch says a lot for the young man's character as a football player. It was a nicescrimmage and both teams will benefit from it.

It was like the catch Tyrone Prothrow made for Alabama, and the catch Adam Cannoy made for Ashland last year.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.