Coaching Salaries

RockinGa

I know it goes on, and I know most people don't understand the rule, but it is illegal for boosters in KY to pay coaches because of redbook laws.

Exactly, was getting ready to post the same thing. And I have heard some say that boosters in some places in the state DO pay their coaches (under the table of course). That may be, and if it ever came to light I think that school would get more than the preverbal "slap on the wrist".

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not illegal for boosters to pay coaches. They just have to do it through the school system. The school system creates a position, head football coach $50,000 stipend, and the boosters give the money to the school to purchase that position. Kentucky just doesn't have booster clubs or individuals willing or able to write those kind of checks.

As I said earlier, this information can be found on the public school websites.

I followed my own advice and visited several websites in a span of about 30-45 minutes. Not all had salary schedules, but I did find the following:

Fort Thomas Independent Schools pays their head football coach extra service pay of $9202 in 2015-16, it was $8201 in 2009-10. Assistant coaches get $6567 this year, $5853 in 2009-10.

Jefferson County Public Schools pay their head coaches on a scale based on years of service. The head football coach for 2015-16 makes from a minimum of $4546 on step 0 to a max of $7388 on step 4. Assistant coaches make from $2727 to $4433.

Lincoln County Schools paid their head football coach $11,111 in 2014-15 and two assistants at $4549 and $2915.

Beechwood Independent Schools paid their head football coach $8500 in 2014-15 and up to 4 assistant coaches $5500.

I tell you though rush is a heck of a coach down in Georgia. If you look through all the scandals and what not that happened at hoover, he made that program a elite team and nesbitt took it and ran with it to this day. He really did the same thing with colquitt county, granted he's playing with Sec type talent but he's worth it I believe. Fun to watch on the two a day series when he was the hc at hoover.

In 1995 I was given a stipend of $1,100 as assistant Varsity basketball coach at a 10th Region school and it equated to about $1.76/hr. Lol

I counted mine up for football one time and it equaled about .10 an hour when you add in all the summer work.

The stipend for head coaches is $8,000. The stipend for AD's is $16,000. So if you have a guy who is head football coach and athletic director, he's most likely making a cool $24,000 extra on top of his teacher salary or administration position salary.