Coaching Salaries

RockinGa

What's crazy is the head coach went 0-10 his first year at another school and then came home to Buford and has numerous state championships. It's a city school so they'll take anyone out of their district as long as they pay a tuition.

Happens to the best of them.

Sounds like Art Briles. Didn't he go 2-18 or something like that at either his first or second high school job in Texas before taking the Stephenville job (who was a dumpster fire of a program in their own right), and well, the rest is history as they say?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I remember a thread about this a year or so ago stated that Dale Mueller made about $9200 as the Head Coach at Highlands. Somebody will find that thread I'm sure.

I'd be willing to bet it was the same when he was hired back in 94, also. Or if any increase, very little at that.

Why you think it is out of hand in GA. I am sure that the guys that are making that much money work 90 or more hours a week and their programs probable bring in 3 or 400,000 a year. And if I guess right their booster clubs probable raise 3 or 400,000 also.

Ha, I've worked with several of the guys who are making 6 figures. They aren't working 90 hours a week, especially during the offseason.

I know it goes on, and I know most people don't understand the rule, but it is illegal for boosters in KY to pay coaches because of redbook laws.

It's county by county down here. Some say the boosters can't give anything extra, some say you can give unlimited. Thankfully, my county says the boosters can but you have to put it in your budget so that it's not hidden.