Louisville President, Staff Dress as Mexicans Today

Wireman

I get the blackface issue. I'm struggling with this one though. Is the mustache?

I get black face. I'm talking about the million others. A frat dresses up as a hip hop artists. Back lash. Now it's even offensive to Transgender community to dress as the opposite sex at a party.

In this case it's just dressing Mexican . Shouldn't be shocked similar outfits have been criticized all over.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll give you credit, you've been beating the "Ramsey Sucks" drum for a while.

It's why I laugh when people who aren't regularly reading the news in Louisville and who don't know what kind of guy he is advocated for him to get rid of Pitino and Jurich. He's worse than any four guys in the athletic department put together but he stays because he's got the right friends on the board. Until the trustees ditch him, not much will ever change at UofL.

I'm not offended by it and if someone came to my house trick or treating with this get up on I wouldn't care. But... In the culture we live in, you have to be smarter than that. There have been fraternities and sororities kicked off of campuses around the nation for stuff like this. Need to hold yourself to a higher standard.

Sidenote, why did they choose this costume theme? When I think of Halloween costumes, I never think of this or anything like it.

Side note: it is kind of cool to see Wireman post something Shaun King posted knowing that Shaun King is all in with the girl who was assaulted by the SRO(promoting her GoFund Me account hard) and Wireman says she got what she deserved. It's always good to see opposing minds come together. :D

When I was in school, our Fraternity would have a Ninja Night once a year. We'd all dress up as ninjas and head to a Chinese restaurant for some crab rangoons and saki bombs. The servers and cooks had just as much fun as we did.

8-10 years later, guess what the Fraternity no longer does? Everyone is offended by everything these days.

Side note: it is kind of cool to see Wireman post something Shaun King posted knowing that Shaun King is all in with the girl who was assaulted by the SRO(promoting her GoFund Me account hard) and Wireman says she got what she deserved. It's always good to see opposing minds come together. :D

By the way , I never said I was offended by this...I just posted that it happened. I think the most offensive part is that they thought this would be a good idea even after everything else that's going on at Louisville. That's the "what were they thinking" part for me.

When I was in school' date=' our Fraternity would have a Ninja Night once a year. We'd all dress up as ninjas and head to a Chinese restaurant for some crab rangoons and saki bombs. The servers and cooks had just as much fun as we did. 8-10 years later, guess what the Fraternity no longer does? Everyone is offended by everything these days.[/quote']

Welcome to the Republican party, glad to have you.

A friend showed it to Freshman Leonardo Salinas.

"I was appalled," he said. "It's not just offensive to Mexicans; it's offensive to the immigrant community as a whole. Someone thought, 'Oh, this is a good idea.' How did it not click in anybody's mind that it was a very bad idea?"

LOUISVILLE, Ky.: University president posed for photo in sombrero, poncho | Colleges | Kentucky.com

Being almost completely from German blood...I guess I should get all up in arms when folks start donning lederhosen, dirndls, and Tyrolean hats during Oktoberfest.

While I know there is some jest with your post, the answer is a resounding "yes, you should be offended."