Louisville President, Staff Dress as Mexicans Today

Wireman

Louisville has issued an apology. What kind of leadership do they have at Louisville?

Where have you been? Anyone who's been paying attention to Ramsey at all knows he's a terrible university president.

Thank goodness this mildly offensive costume photo was released so everyone could finally join in.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the equivalent to blackface I guess?

I truthfully wouldn't say so. This wasn't a good idea (and dressing up as a racial stereotype never really is), but this kind of stuff doesn't carry the historical legacy that blackface does on this country. I really believe blackface is a special kind of wrong that simply should never, ever be done.

Where have you been? Anyone who's been paying attention to Ramsey at all knows he's a terrible university president.

Thank goodness this mildly offensive costume photo was released so everyone could finally join in.

I'll give you credit, you've been beating the "Ramsey Sucks" drum for a while.

Being almost completely from German blood...I guess I should get all up in arms when folks start donning lederhosen, dirndls, and Tyrolean hats during Oktoberfest.

I love going to the Oktoberfest at St. Joes here in Louisville. The pastor has the full getup, hat and all. His name is Fr. David Sanchez and is decidedly... not German. :lol2:

It wasn't a smart move because everyone gets upset about everything now.

I'm not offended. I'm also not Mexican. I just don't get why people get upset over costumes.

I get the blackface issue. I'm struggling with this one though. Is the mustache?