ESPN Layoffs

D-Rob

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chris Berman, Mike and Mike, and Cris Carter are the ones that top my list that I'd like to see go. I think they should also trim down some of their former players/now analysts because some of them are downright awful.

I can see other notable figures getting let go like Curt Schilling after his recent issues as well. I believe Disney said that ESPN has to cut their budget by $30 million this year and letting Cowherd walk and Simmons go (along with other reasons) were some of their first steps at it.

I wonder how many on air personalities this could affect because aren't most under contract? It seems they could just not renew some of those contracts.

I bet a lot are behind the scenes or actual reporters. There is a reason why 7 or 8 of Grantland writers have left the last couple of weeks.

I really enjoyed their show at one time. Now however it seems like they spend half their time plugging other shows or personalities on ESPN, especially His and Hers. Just awful.

If Berman can go and I hope he does, I hope he takes Ditka and Herman Edwards with him. Ditka just isn't good anymore and Edwards is absolutely in love with his own voice.

They do, in spite of their selves. I'll listened this morning on the way to work, my other option was the Chickster. I should of opted for silence.

I ended my sirius subscription last month. I never listen to the radio now. I download podcasts to my phone and listen to them through Bluetooth in my car everyday.

Best decision I've made in awhile.