Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Pope met with Kim Davis

Featured Replies

  • Replies 324
  • Views 19.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author

Im not preaching. Just showing what the Bible says. Is something wrong with that? I ask you if I am a Christian is this not what I am supposed to go on?

I just don't get one thing, I consider myself a Christian man. With that said what makes it ok for an elected official to use their "religion" to break the law? She holds a position of office, and inside that office there is to be a separation of church and state. If she can not do that because of her religion I have nothing against her at all, that just simply means she should not have run, and should have immediately resigned upon the ruling of gay marriage being legalized.

 

If anyone thinks poorly of her because of her religious beliefs they are very wrong, and should be ashamed, but I can't at all find a reason to defend her actions as an elected official.

My case rests.

 

You skipped a step. Before telling us what God says, prove he exists.

  • Author
I've read it and thought about it a lot.

 

Jesus said "Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”

 

He also spoke more of the sins of greed and love of money than he did sexual immorality.

 

But I come away from reading your posts to understand your belief is that Christians are obligated to make the lives of gay people miserable and that everything else in the Bible comes second to that.

 

Sorry, but many, many people don't share your interpretation.

 

So many like to take the parts that are non controversial and leave the rest out? I agree and have said that there are many sins that will give us gate problems. But you can take part of the Bible and leave out what you might not agree with.

Im not preaching. Just showing what the Bible says. Is something wrong with that? I ask you if I am a Christian is this not what I am supposed to go on?

Should we still be following theses bibles verses?

 

You may purchase male or female slaves from among the foreigners who live among you. You may also purchase the children of such resident foreigners, including those who have been born in your land. You may treat them as your property, passing them on to your children as a permanent inheritance. You may treat your slaves like this, but the people of Israel, your relatives, must never be treated this way. Leviticus 25:44-46 NLT

 

Slaves, obey your earthly masters with deep respect and fear. Serve them sincerely as you would serve Christ. Ephesians 6:5 NLT

 

If a man has sex with an animal, he must be put to death, and the animal must be killed. Leviticus 20:15 NLT

 

No one whose testicles are crushed or whose penis is cut off shall be admitted to the assembly of the LORD. Deuteronomy 23:1 NRSV

 

 

 

Let me guess we don't take the literal interpretation of these.

So many like to take the parts that are non controversial and leave the rest out? I agree and have said that there are many sins that will give us gate problems. But you can take part of the Bible and leave out what you might not agree with.

 

I'm assuming his point was the Bible says those are the most important commandments. That everything else pales in comparison to them. If we believe the Bible, and you've already said you do, why waste so much time harping on irrelevant drivel and not focus on the things that God himself have said are most important?

Hey, if it brings her back to the right side of the Reformation, I'm all for it.

 

:D

Should we still be following theses bibles verses?

 

You may purchase male or female slaves from among the foreigners who live among you. You may also purchase the children of such resident foreigners, including those who have been born in your land. You may treat them as your property, passing them on to your children as a permanent inheritance. You may treat your slaves like this, but the people of Israel, your relatives, must never be treated this way. Leviticus 25:44-46 NLT

 

Oh no, those clearly don't count. :lol2:

As I've said before, if people were really this opposed to her because she's failing to do her job, they would also be opposed to entire city governments that have thumbed their noses at federal immigration laws & become sanctuary cities.

 

And on the other side of the issue, I'm guessing if this was a Muslim woman who was refusing to do something because it violated her faith, those in support of Kim Davis would not be as quick to come to that woman's defense.

 

This is all about gay marriage.

 

Heres where I say your logic is flawed.

 

As you and I have discussed previously on here I do not have a lot of knowledge on the issue of sanctuary cites. My guess is that's true for most Americans - not that that excuses me from not knowing about it.

 

I did do some looking into it after you mentioned it. We Americans are fairly simple-minded. The concept of sanctuary cites and the laws that either support them or say they're illegal and what would be required to enforce those laws are NOT as easily understood as the law here. The courts have repeatedly ruled that her stance is wrong.

 

It's really that simple for me. If she continues to fight this and somehow presents an an argument that the courts think is legit then I'll support her right to refuse issuing licenses to gays.

 

So it's not quite as simple as you are presenting it. It's not JUST gay marriage. It's been decreed that she has to do her job. She isn't. It's just that simple.

  • Author
I'm assuming his point was the Bible says those are the most important commandments. That everything else pales in comparison to them. If we believe the Bible, and you've already said you do, why waste so much time harping on irrelevant drivel and not focus on the things that God himself have said are most important?

 

I agree with this to a extent. I think we should do the things you said concerning the greatest commandment. But I cannot and will not leave parts of it out. God is a loving God and provides us with grace when we ask for it for our sins. Then we have to repent and not do those things anymore. God is not one sided.

Im not preaching. Just showing what the Bible says. Is something wrong with that? I ask you if I am a Christian is this not what I am supposed to go on?

 

If that is what you choose to live your life by, that is absolutely your right. :thumb:

  • Author
Should we still be following theses bibles verses?

 

You may purchase male or female slaves from among the foreigners who live among you. You may also purchase the children of such resident foreigners, including those who have been born in your land. You may treat them as your property, passing them on to your children as a permanent inheritance. You may treat your slaves like this, but the people of Israel, your relatives, must never be treated this way. Leviticus 25:44-46 NLT

 

Slaves, obey your earthly masters with deep respect and fear. Serve them sincerely as you would serve Christ. Ephesians 6:5 NLT

 

If a man has sex with an animal, he must be put to death, and the animal must be killed. Leviticus 20:15 NLT

 

No one whose testicles are crushed or whose penis is cut off shall be admitted to the assembly of the LORD. Deuteronomy 23:1 NRSV

 

 

 

Let me guess we don't take the literal interpretation of these.

 

You obviously have not studied the difference in the Levitical Law and New Testament.

I agree with this to a extent. I think we should do the things you said concerning the greatest commandment. But I cannot and will not leave parts of it out. God is a loving God and provides us with grace when we ask for it for our sins. Then we have to repent and not do those things anymore. God is not one sided.

 

But you're absolutely leaving out the 2nd commandment that Habib noted. You aren't treating those who are gay as equals or as you treat yourself. You can't just ignore it because there's a small blurb that says something is a sin. Those two commandments trump everything else.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.