September 30, 201511 yr She's become the face of the gay marriage issue. For those who support her...I don't believe they support her because of religious beliefs or because they are proponents of so-called religious freedom. They support her, primarily, because they're opposed to gay marriage. For those who condemn her...I don't believe it has much to do with her being an elected official refusing to do a portion of her job. They oppose her, primarily, because they are in favor of gay marriage. So it's not that people care about her; they care about the issue she's become attached to. correct sir.....
September 30, 201511 yr There will be a lot of people denouncing the Pope if he says she is right( which he has alluded to, if the quotes are correct, and it really points that way if he really met with her). This is now the third time I've addressed this with you... The only thing remotely close to him saying she was "right" was that he said she has the right to believe what she wants to. That's it. You can keep trying to make it into more than that, but anybody with any sense knows the difference.
September 30, 201511 yr For those who condemn her...I don't believe it has much to do with her being an elected official refusing to do a portion of her job. They oppose her, primarily, because they are in favor of gay marriage. I disagree. I support gay marriage. At the same time, I don't chastise people who don't support it. That's their beliefs and they are entitled to them. My issue with Davis is that her job is to issue marriage licenses to EVERYONE, regardless of her religious beliefs. If she doesn't believe in same-sex marriages, that's fine, I couldn't care less. I begin to care when she thinks she doesn't have to do her job, and expect to keep her job. If she doesn't want to issue marriage licenses to same-sex couples, fine. Quit your job and find some other career. You don't get to have it both ways.
September 30, 201511 yr For the record, I'm cool with gay marriage AND I'm cool with her viewpoint and I believe her that she feels having her name on the license causes her to go against her religion. I am AGAINST her not doing her job. If she would simply do her job or resign, she can believe whatever she wants. I disagree. I support gay marriage. At the same time, I don't chastise people who don't support it. That's their beliefs and they are entitled to them. My issue with Davis is that her job is to issue marriage licenses to EVERYONE, regardless of her religious beliefs. If she doesn't believe in same-sex marriages, that's fine, I couldn't care less. I begin to care when she thinks she doesn't have to do her job, and expect to keep her job. If she doesn't want to issue marriage licenses to same-sex couples, fine. Quit your job and find some other career. You don't get to have it both ways. As I've said before, if people were really this opposed to her because she's failing to do her job, they would also be opposed to entire city governments that have thumbed their noses at federal immigration laws & become sanctuary cities. And on the other side of the issue, I'm guessing if this was a Muslim woman who was refusing to do something because it violated her faith, those in support of Kim Davis would not be as quick to come to that woman's defense. This is all about gay marriage.
September 30, 201511 yr Author This is now the third time I've addressed this with you... The only thing remotely close to him saying she was "right" was that he said she has the right to believe what she wants to. That's it. You can keep trying to make it into more than that, but anybody with any sense knows the difference. Its quite obvious I am not listening.....:thumb:
September 30, 201511 yr I disagree. I support gay marriage. At the same time, I don't chastise people who don't support it. That's their beliefs and they are entitled to them. My issue with Davis is that her job is to issue marriage licenses to EVERYONE, regardless of her religious beliefs. If she doesn't believe in same-sex marriages, that's fine, I couldn't care less. I begin to care when she thinks she doesn't have to do her job, and expect to keep her job. If she doesn't want to issue marriage licenses to same-sex couples, fine. Quit your job and find some other career. You don't get to have it both ways. I misread his post the first time. I agree with you.
September 30, 201511 yr Its quite obvious I am not listening.....:thumb: I know. You ignore anything that debunks your ridiculous banter. :thumb:
September 30, 201511 yr Author I will ask this. Just because you disagree with me, does that make you right? And who or what gives you the right to judge me or what I believe? Cause thats just what you did.
September 30, 201511 yr As I've said before, if people were really this opposed to her because she's failing to do her job, they would also be opposed to entire city governments that have thumbed their noses at federal immigration laws & become sanctuary cities. And on the other side of the issue, I'm guessing if this was a Muslim woman who was refusing to do something because it violated her faith, those in support of Kim Davis would not be as quick to come to that woman's defense. This is all about gay marriage. I have no clue what the hell a sanctuary city is. However, if they're violating Federal laws and have been told they need to comply or resign, and they refuse, I am 100% against those city governments. As to your second paragraph, I guarantee the vast majority of those supporting her would be absolutely silent if she were a Muslim.
September 30, 201511 yr Are you denying you made fun of the way this woman looked? Yes, Yes I do. You must have me mistaken with someone else. Search "Kim Davis Found In Contempt", Sept 3, 2015.
September 30, 201511 yr I have no clue what the hell a sanctuary city is. However, if they're violating Federal laws and have been told they need to comply or resign, and they refuse, I am 100% against those city governments. As to your second paragraph, I guarantee the vast majority of those supporting her would be absolutely silent if she were a Muslim. Agreed.
September 30, 201511 yr I will ask this. Just because you disagree with me, does that make you right? And who or what gives you the right to judge me or what I believe? Cause thats just what you did. People disagreeing with you doesn't mean they're judging you.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.