Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Pope met with Kim Davis

Featured Replies

I am neither. I am a Christian and it really got under my skin because people were so judgmental of anyone like this because of how she believed. Bottom line.

 

I'll admit that I was (and am) judgmental of her actions.

  • Replies 324
  • Views 19.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'll admit that I was (and am) judgmental of her actions.

 

Same here.

 

If being a "good" Christian means I have to discriminate against others based on race, gender, religion, or sexual orientation, well then I'm not one, nor do I want to be one...:idunno:

^People were judgmental because she was breaking the law and using her position of power to discriminate against others. She shouldn't be rewarded for that.

 

Oh and spare us the "I'm Christian and I hate to see people be judgmental" stuff. Christians are the most judgmental group of people there is.

 

First paragraph is spot-on.

  • Author
My problem was never what she believed, in fact I am closer to agreeing than some would assume, but my problem was the way she handled it all.

 

I never said it was all handled right( and I know you are not saying that to me) I guess it just really resonates with me that I understand her convictions.

I saw this on CNN.com:

 

Mat Staver, the lawyer for Davis, said the session lasted 10 minutes and was just between the Pope, his client and her husband. He said pictures were taken and will be released at some point. He didn't say when or why they weren't being released immediately.

 

Kim Davis met with the Pope, her attorneys say - CNN.com

I saw this on CNN.com:

 

Mat Staver, the lawyer for Davis, said the session lasted 10 minutes and was just between the Pope, his client and her husband. He said pictures were taken and will be released at some point. He didn't say when or why they weren't being released immediately.

 

Kim Davis met with the Pope, her attorneys say - CNN.com

 

Yes, she could have met him, but the reason is another story.

 

But the official photographers, there are three of them at all times around the pope, wouldn't have loaded the thousands of photos they took here, they take thousands per day on an off day, until they got back to the Vatican.

...

 

Yeah I was exercising my free speech as compared to what Letterman and Maher had to say about Palin and her family.

 

I said it to show how the left dont mind as long as it isnt directed to them. Obviously it did.

What makes the ACLU "radical?"

 

The same thing you think makes the other group radical.

To be fair to Mtn Ref, he is right that posters took personal shots at Kim Davis. I seem to recall "bigot" being throw about.

Yeah I was exercising my free speech as compared to what Letterman and Maher had to say about Palin and her family.

 

I said it to show how the left dont mind as long as it isnt directed to them. Obviously it did.

 

So, when you say that Mrs. Obama is ugly, and ugly nasty, its exercising your free speech, but when people who mentioned the looks of Kim Davis, it's wrong?

To be fair to Mtn Ref' date=' he is right that posters took personal shots at Kim Davis. I seem to recall "bigot" being throw about.[/quote']

 

Also someone who considers themselves to be a paragon of left wing thought took it upon themselves to belittle her appearance.

 

While I don't agree with her actions, I wouldn't have gone that far at all. No one deserves to be mocked due to their appearance.

To be fair to Mtn Ref, he is right that posters took personal shots at Kim Davis. I seem to recall "bigot" being throw about.

 

Absolutely. I stand by that. She's a bigot. She's using a position of power to discriminate against a specific class of people. That's a bigot in my eyes.

Also someone who considers themselves to be a paragon of left wing thought took it upon themselves to belittle her appearance.

 

While I don't agree with her actions, I wouldn't have gone that far at all. No one deserves to be mocked due to their appearance.

 

This I 100% agree with.

Also someone who considers themselves to be a paragon of left wing thought took it upon themselves to belittle her appearance.

 

While I don't agree with her actions, I wouldn't have gone that far at all. No one deserves to be mocked due to their appearance.

 

Agreed.

Absolutely. I stand by that. She's a bigot. She's using a position of power to discriminate against a specific class of people. That's a bigot in my eyes.

 

That's fine but let's not say that Mt Ref is incorrect in his belief that tolerance isn't always a two-way street.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.