Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Pope met with Kim Davis

Featured Replies

I understand Kim Davis' husband rented a pair of black bib overalls for the occasion.

  • Replies 324
  • Views 19.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Liberty Counsel is a pretty radical group it seems like. And didn't Pope Francis admit he knew very little about the Kim Davis saga?

 

Seems fishy to me that they met.

 

The pope doesn't meet in private with hardly anyone. Show us the photos, they won't because it didn't happen, just like the same organization claiming there was a rally, in Puru, that had over 100,000 people, who were there to support Kim. Didn't happen. This organization has zero credibility!

 

The pope doesn't meet in private with hardly anyone. Show us the photos, they won't because it didn't happen, just like the same organization claiming there was a rally, in Puru, that had over 100,000 people, who were there to support Kim. Didn't happen. This organization has zero credibility!

 

Inside the Vatican says Vatican sources have confirmed the meeting took place.

Inside the Vatican says Vatican sources have confirmed the meeting took place.

 

Inside the Vatican also takes some liberties on stories, this is not an official Vatican publication.

 

We can go on by what was reported in the plane when the pope was asked about Kim Davis, he said that he was unaware of the situation. Until the Vatican says if they met, and if so what was said, nothing happened and/or nothing was said. If there is one thing that the pope won't do, is hide his position on anything. If His Holiness said anything that would be seen as supporting what she did, the Vatican will say so.

I think the most interesting part of this story is that Ms. Davis would want to meet the pope...any pope. This has nothing to do with her personally. And even more interesting is that she and her husband would accept rosaries, a quintessential instrument for Catholics...we all have at least one, and most of us receive at least on at Baptism, First Communion and sometimes at Confirmation. What denomination are the Davis'? Just by dress and what I have assumed from the stories I've read, it would seem to be an Evangelical or Pentecostal denomination, and like others above, my experience has been that those who worship in those denominations reject both the Pope's authority and things like rosaries and statues as idoltry.

 

As to the Pope's potential response, I would expect him to encourage a Christian to stay strong in their faith, and to continue to follow in God's path. But, I don't see Ms. Davis' plight as a religious one, but a civil matter. I doubt he's completely unaware of her situation, or was unaware prior to his visit. He's a very smart man, and she's made the news worldwide.

 

Anyway, from a non-governmet, non-political position, I find this interesting from the perspective of the differences religiously.

Ok...found my own answer. She is Apostolic Pentecostal. I'll be studying that for a while.

Ok...found my own answer. She is Apostolic Pentecostal. I'll be studying that for a while.

 

One of the big differences is the Apostolic Pentecostal stance on Sola Scriptura, and they do not believe in the Eucharist or the True Presence.

The Liberty Counsel is a pretty radical group it seems like. And didn't Pope Francis admit he knew very little about the Kim Davis saga?

 

Seems fishy to me that they met.

 

Same can be said for the radical group the ACLU.

  • Author

I would guess that the Pope probably knows more about this case than you think he does. Like someone up above said you just dont get a private meeting with the Pope unless he wants one. As bad as some of you do not want this to not have happened, it appears it did and probably by his request whether she is a Catholic, Pentecostal, Baptist etc.

I would guess that the Pope probably knows more about this case than you think he does. Like someone up above said you just dont get a private meeting with the Pope unless he wants one. As bad as some of you do not want this to not have happened, it appears it did and probably by his request whether she is a Catholic, Pentecostal, Baptist etc.

 

Who doesn't want it to happen? Outside of a select few people, you seem to be the only one who cares one way or the other. If she met with the Pope, great, who cares? Doesn't change a thing.

 

I just don't understand your obsession with this woman, I really don't. I've come to the conclusion you're either related to her, work with her, or friends with her. Only way to explain it.

  • Author

I am neither. I am a Christian and it really got under my skin because people were so judgmental of anyone like this because of how she believed. Bottom line.

^People were judgmental because she was breaking the law and using her position of power to discriminate against others. She shouldn't be rewarded for that.

 

Oh and spare us the "I'm Christian and I hate to see people be judgmental" stuff. Christians are the most judgmental group of people there is.

I am neither. I am a Christian and it really got under my skin because people were so judgmental of anyone like this because of how she believed. Bottom line.

 

Dont ever expect any slack from most on here.

 

They preach tolerance but when it goes against their view they are as intolerant as me.

 

I am no longer going to be tolerant, it gets you no where and you lose everything you believe in and fight for.

UKMustang, I'm with you as questioning if and for what reason. Yes, in fact if you know the right people, you can indeed meet the pope. This is not like back in the 1800s or beyond when the pope used to "call" people to him. To say that His Holiness "called" her and requested her to meet him is not even as close as a far stretch.

 

If she did meet him she is being used, their last stunt involving Peru didn't last too long before the truth came out.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.