September 30, 201511 yr Here is what I know. If someone is really acting say " religious" in lets say, in the Religion, Ethics, Philosophy forum( and I encourage others to search someones posts) and came to these threads and said some of the things that were said, I would be ashamed. Get off your high horse, you know nothing about me, period. You have no idea about me and my religion. You can't get it through your head that she YES can have her beliefs, but as a public official she HAS to do her job. You always cry about wanting this to go away, but you always bring her back to the center of attention., Now, show where I said that she was ugly, and get back to me, so don't try making me look bad here. BTW, when are we going to see those people acting up who supported Kim Davis?
September 30, 201511 yr Author Get off your high horse, you know nothing about me, period. You have no idea about me and my religion. You can't get it through your head that she YES can have her beliefs, but as a public official she HAS to do her job. You always cry about wanting this to go away, but you always bring her back to the center of attention., Now, show where I said that she was ugly, and get back to me, so don't try making me look bad here. BTW, when are we going to see those people acting up who supported Kim Davis? Where?
September 30, 201511 yr Not the person, the stand she is taking...and not necessarily for or against the actual reason, just the fact that she is willing to take the stand itself. Not a fan of the government begin involved in "regulating" many of the things they do, this is just another one. Not just the specific case of her not issuing licenses...now there are people arguing about whether she met the pope or not...It's funny.
September 30, 201511 yr I have a phone full of photos if anyone would like to see them. Im sure you would say they were edited. All anyone has to do is look me up. I am easily found. No one mentioned you period, then you again go ahead and quote me LYING saying that I was the biggest offender saying that she was ugly? Where did I say that? You are so desperate to cause trouble. Yet you cried to me awhile back ago to not quote you and all, which I didn't, yet you continue to play your little game.
September 30, 201511 yr Not just the specific case of her not issuing licenses...now there are people arguing about whether she met the pope or not...It's funny. She may have. No big deal there.
September 30, 201511 yr Author I am not arguing about whether she met with him or not. I saw this article go mainstream last night and was kinda shocked that this could have happened. I just posted the article because this is the controversial forum and knew it would be very controversial. Going on 5 pages right now. I would love to hear the Pope put to the test here on how he stands very clearly on this. There will be a lot of people denouncing the Pope if he says she is right( which he has alluded to, if the quotes are correct, and it really points that way if he really met with her).
September 30, 201511 yr Author No one mentioned you period, then you again go ahead and quote me LYING saying that I was the biggest offender saying that she was ugly? Where did I say that? You are so desperate to cause trouble. Yet you cried to me awhile back ago to not quote you and all, which I didn't, yet you continue to play your little game. Are you denying you made fun of the way this woman looked?
September 30, 201511 yr She may have. No big deal there. On the contrary, I believe that meeting a world leader is a HUGE deal..irrespective of your personal religious or political stance. Not sure how you can honestly say that meeting the Pope is "no big deal" ?
September 30, 201511 yr I am not arguing about whether she met with him or not. I saw this article go mainstream last night and was kinda shocked that this could have happened. I just posted the article because this is the controversial forum and knew it would be very controversial. Going on 5 pages right now. I would love to hear the Pope put to the test here on how he stands very clearly on this. There will be a lot of people denouncing the Pope if he says she is right( which he has alluded to, if the quotes are correct, and it really points that way if he really met with her). Ok. Lets start over: No shock to me that she may have met the pope. It could have been arranged by one of her "people". The thing is for what reason? All one has to do is loo at the pope's wording in the past. So until an official release from the Vatican comes out, there is no news.
September 30, 201511 yr @CBSTopNews: Kim Davis speaks out on meeting Pope Francis Kim Davis: Pope Francis told me to "stay strong" during visit in Washington, D.C. - CBS News
September 30, 201511 yr Author Ok. Lets start over: No shock to me that she may have met the pope. It could have been arranged by one of her "people". The thing is for what reason? All one has to do is loo at the pope's wording in the past. So until an official release from the Vatican comes out, there is no news. "The Vatican spokesman, the Rev. Federico Lombardi, didn't deny the encounter took place but said Wednesday in Rome that he had no comment on the topic."
September 30, 201511 yr I think it's funny how much some of you (on both sides) seem to care about this woman. She's become the face of the gay marriage issue. For those who support her...I don't believe they support her because of religious beliefs or because they are proponents of so-called religious freedom. They support her, primarily, because they're opposed to gay marriage. For those who condemn her...I don't believe it has much to do with her being an elected official refusing to do a portion of her job. They oppose her, primarily, because they are in favor of gay marriage. So it's not that people care about her; they care about the issue she's become attached to.
September 30, 201511 yr She's become the face of the gay marriage issue. For those who support her...I don't believe they support her because of religious beliefs or because they are proponents of so-called religious freedom. They support her, primarily, because they're opposed to gay marriage. For those who condemn her...I don't believe it has much to do with her being an elected official refusing to do a portion of her job. They oppose her, primarily, because they are in favor of gay marriage. So it's not that people care about her; they care about the issue she's become attached to. For the record, I'm cool with gay marriage AND I'm cool with her viewpoint and I believe her that she feels having her name on the license causes her to go against her religion. I am AGAINST her not doing her job.
September 30, 201511 yr Author She's become the face of the gay marriage issue. For those who support her...I don't believe they support her because of religious beliefs or because they are proponents of so-called religious freedom. They support her, primarily, because they're opposed to gay marriage. For those who condemn her...I don't believe it has much to do with her being an elected official refusing to do a portion of her job. They oppose her, primarily, because they are in favor of gay marriage. So it's not that people care about her; they care about the issue she's become attached to. I agree with the above.
September 30, 201511 yr She's become the face of the gay marriage issue. For those who support her...I don't believe they support her because of religious beliefs or because they are proponents of so-called religious freedom. They support her, primarily, because they're opposed to gay marriage. For those who condemn her...I don't believe it has much to do with her being an elected official refusing to do a portion of her job. They oppose her, primarily, because they are in favor of gay marriage. So it's not that people care about her; they care about the issue she's become attached to. If she would simply do her job or resign, she can believe whatever she wants.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.