Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Pope met with Kim Davis

Featured Replies

Im sure if they did not meet and the Pope thinks she is a bigot the the Vatican will issue a statement.

 

Glad we are all on the same page finally.

  • Replies 324
  • Views 19.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As I've said before, if people were really this opposed to her because she's failing to do her job, they would also be opposed to entire city governments that have thumbed their noses at federal immigration laws & become sanctuary cities.

 

How many times have city governments come out and blatantly said "We are not going to do our jobs"?

 

How many city governments have said they are not going to do their jobs because of their religious beliefs?

Wrong. Her job was to issue marriage licenses. If she's not going to do that, she needs to be removed from her job. You can't just decide you don't want to do your job responsibilities and still maintain your job.

It's truly unbelievable to me that we are still debating this. It's pretty simple.

If it does get elevated to a point on what the pope said, then the Vatican would step in and clarify everything, IF they keep getting asked about it.

 

But to me, there are other things a lot more important that this entire saga.

Some will see this meeting -- if it took place -- as papal approval of Ms. Davis' civil disobedience. If the meeting took place, then the Vatican must frame the meet-and-greet in narrow terms. I'm still puzzled over how and why the Pope's social secretaries gave Ms. Davis and her husband 10 minutes ... was it at the Pope's request, or was this an end run by the Vatican's social conservatives?

How many times have city governments come out and blatantly said "We are not going to do our jobs"?

 

How many city governments have said they are not going to do their jobs because of their religious beliefs?

 

Around 30 U.S. cities have declared themselves sanctuary cities, meaning they are choosing not to enforce federal immigration laws. Again, these are publicly elected officials, just like Kim Davis.

 

I'm not sure what religious beliefs have to do with anything. I thought people were simply upset because she was failing to do the job she was elected to do.

  • Author
Yes, I've read the Bible. Here's the thing. 100 different people can read the Bible and come away with 100 different interpretations. Your interpretation is no more likely to be accurate or correct than anyone else's.

 

Ok we are never going to see eye to eye on this, I can deal with that. I read the Bible alot and studied it for now over 20 years. I have read commentary after commentary on it. Listened to all kinds of preachers, pastors,evangelists etc. I have tried to find the truth as to what it means. Ill stand with where I am at.

^People were judgmental because she was breaking the law and using her position of power to discriminate against others. She shouldn't be rewarded for that.

 

Oh and spare us the "I'm Christian and I hate to see people be judgmental" stuff. Christians are the most judgmental group of people there is.

You deserve a slow clap for this.

 

She may have. No big deal there.

 

Must be a big deal to some considering how much attention this thread has gotten. Not that I'm upset, it has been entertaining.

Ok we are never going to see eye to eye on this, I can deal with that. I read the Bible alot and studied it for now over 20 years. I have read commentary after commentary on it. Listened to all kinds of preachers, pastors,evangelists etc. I have tried to find the truth as to what it means. Ill stand with where I am at.

 

Fair enough. I'll stick with my views. Love, forgiveness, and acceptance are a much better way to journey through life.

  • Author

[h=1]Just a little reference for you all in case you missed these verses.

 

Romans 1:26-27Living Bible (TLB)[/h]26 That is why God let go of them and let them do all these evil things, so that even their women turned against God’s natural plan for them and indulged in sex sin with each other. 27 And the men, instead of having normal sex relationships with women, burned with lust for each other, men doing shameful things with other men and, as a result, getting paid within their own souls with the penalty they so richly deserved.

 

[h=1]Romans 1:26-27King James Version (KJV)[/h]26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:

27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

King James Version (KJV)

 

[h=1]Romans 1:26-27New Living Translation (NLT)[/h]26 That is why God abandoned them to their shameful desires. Even the women turned against the natural way to have sex and instead indulged in sex with each other. 27 And the men, instead of having normal sexual relations with women, burned with lust for each other. Men did shameful things with other men, and as a result of this sin, they suffered within themselves the penalty they deserved.

 

She's become the face of the gay marriage issue.

 

For those who support her...I don't believe they support her because of religious beliefs or because they are proponents of so-called religious freedom. They support her, primarily, because they're opposed to gay marriage.

 

For those who condemn her...I don't believe it has much to do with her being an elected official refusing to do a portion of her job. They oppose her, primarily, because they are in favor of gay marriage.

 

So it's not that people care about her; they care about the issue she's become attached to.

 

I understand that. Some are pretty passionate about the woman though, on both sides.

Around 30 U.S. cities have declared themselves sanctuary cities, meaning they are choosing not to enforce federal immigration laws. Again, these are publicly elected officials, just like Kim Davis.

 

I'm not sure what religious beliefs have to do with anything. I thought people were simply upset because she was failing to do the job she was elected to do.

 

Anybody that fails to do their job as it is mandated to them BY THE LAW should be held responsible. Period. Will that ever happen? Probably not... We all know there are a lot of elected officials not doing what they promised (although this situation is different than a campaign pitch). Kim Davis has put herself in this situation, making it bigger than it probably needed to be. She deserves no pity for that.

 

As for the religion part, she's using that as an excuse not to do her job. That is what I have a problem with. What if my religion doesn't believe in working on Fridays? Can I tell my boss I'm not working Friday and expect to keep my job?

Preaching to people is really the way to get them to see your side... Keep that up. :lol2:

If I am a Christian what would you have me follow? And have you ever read the Bible?

 

I've read it and thought about it a lot.

 

Jesus said "Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”

 

He also spoke more of the sins of greed and love of money than he did sexual immorality.

 

But I come away from reading your posts to understand your belief is that Christians are obligated to make the lives of gay people miserable and that everything else in the Bible comes second to that.

 

Sorry, but many, many people don't share your interpretation.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.