Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Pope met with Kim Davis

Featured Replies

Have the cities been taken to court and have judges ruled one way or the other?

 

No idea, but I don't see why it matters.

  • Replies 324
  • Views 19.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No idea, but I don't see why it matters.

 

It does in this argument about consistency. The courts have been 100% clear on this. She HAS to issue licenses. That's all that matters to me.

I can respect that. I have been wrong many times and will be wrong again. But I am a old man who has read it and asked for understanding from God on how he sees it. I will be judged on what I have done and how I have treated people and whether I have accepted Jesus and tried to follow him. I try to help everyone in real life and I do, both Gay people and sinners and Christians alike. If you knew me you would know that but alot here dont know me and I understand that. I see no sexual preference when I interact with people and I dont hate anyone. Thats a common theme to put on anyone who disagrees with the gay marriage question that just because I dont agree with something does not mean I hate them. If I did I would be very very wrong.

 

You sound like a good man overall and like you said we don't know you so it's hard to get a true read on someone from message board. But the fact that you think you need to "help" gay people is what gets me.

My belief is that no, not everyone will get to heaven. I 100% believe that if you live your life 100% following the Bible as you interpret it, are kind and loving to others, and in the most basic explanation just a good person, you'll be good.

 

I also believe that the devout Muslim living halfway around the world (or here in America) who treats others with kindness and compassion, is a loving caring person who leads a good life will get to heaven as well.

 

I believe that a gay individual will be just as likely as you or I to make it to heaven based on the way they lived their life as one of love and kindness. Them being gay will not factor into their entrance to heaven IMO.

 

To me, it's quite simple. Be loving, be caring, do good works, treat others with kindness, and when you screw up own it and strive to do better. You do these things, you're good IMO.

 

Including Baptism or no?

Including Baptism or no?

 

Are you asking if I believe a person that has never been baptized can get to heaven? If so, then my answer is 100% without question, yes.

Are you asking if I believe a person that has never been baptized can get to heaven? If so, then my answer is 100% without question, yes.

 

Well The Bible says differently but I respect your beliefs.

  • Author
You sound like a good man overall and like you said we don't know you so it's hard to get a true read on someone from message board. But the fact that you think you need to "help" gay people is what gets me.

 

I didnt mean it like that. I just mean I would never exclude anyone because they were gay.

Well The Bible says differently but I respect your beliefs.

 

Yes it does.

 

However, I don't necessarily believe or agree with everything in the Bible. I'm sure that makes me a bad or "watered-down" Christian (Catholic) to many, and I'm fine with that. I'm 100% comfortable and content with my beliefs.

Well The Bible says differently but I respect your beliefs.

 

Why would you respect his beliefs if the completely go against yours?

Why would you respect his beliefs if the completely go against yours?

 

It's not my job to judge him. He's a big boy and can believe as he wishes. I'll be happy to share my beliefs and pray that he listens but I won't judge him.

Yes it does.

 

However, I don't necessarily believe or agree with everything in the Bible. I'm sure that makes me a bad or "watered-down" Christian (Catholic) to many, and I'm fine with that. I'm 100% comfortable and content with my beliefs.

 

Same here. :thumb:

It's not my job to judge him. He's a big boy and can believe as he wishes. I'll be happy to share my beliefs and pray that he listens but I won't judge him.

 

I'm of the belief that a belief that is 180 degrees from mine is not to be respected.

 

I respect the person's RIGHT to the belief and I respect the person but I do NOT respect the belief itself.

 

Defies logic.

I'm of the belief that a belief that is 180 degrees from mine is not to be respected.

 

I respect the person's RIGHT to the belief and I respect the person but I do NOT respect the belief itself.

 

Defies logic.

 

If I'm not mistaken, you're a Christian. If I'm wrong on that I apologize.

 

It sounds to me what you're saying is that you don't respect the Muslim faith, nor the Jewish faith, nor anything that isn't Christianity.

I just don't get one thing, I consider myself a Christian man. With that said what makes it ok for an elected official to use their "religion" to break the law? She holds a position of office, and inside that office there is to be a separation of church and state. If she can not do that because of her religion I have nothing against her at all, that just simply means she should not have run, and should have immediately resigned upon the ruling of gay marriage being legalized.

 

If anyone thinks poorly of her because of her religious beliefs they are very wrong, and should be ashamed, but I can't at all find a reason to defend her actions as an elected official.

 

Not a true statement....please see US Constitution as a clarification of this statement. Part of the reason people are so confused about this issue is the perpetuation of untrue statements...this just happens to be one.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.