Sam Harp

There may not be a Top-One-Hundred coach in the state of Kentucky. Its hard to say since these guys work in totally different environments and hardly ever play against each other. Its hard enough discussing who are the best coaches in the state.

There may not be a Top-One-Hundred coach in the state of Kentucky. Its hard to say since these guys work in totally different environments and hardly ever play against each other. Its hard enough discussing who are the best coaches in the state.
http://www.khsaa.org/ here is a link of coaches from 2004 in Ky from KHSAA Coach Harp was in the top 5 active in wins!

Maybe you missed the intent of my post. The question was is Harp a top 100 coach in the nation, my response was who knows. How could you tell? Its hard enough to pinpoint the top guys in the state (Harp may certainly be one). Whats the best stat to base it on? Wins? Championships? Winning percentage? Who knows? I don't.

Maybe you missed the intent of my post. The question was is Harp a top 100 coach in the nation, my response was who knows. How could you tell? Its hard enough to pinpoint the top guys in the state (Harp may certainly be one). Whats the best stat to base it on? Wins? Championships? Winning percentage? Who knows? I don't.

I Understand what you are saying.:thumb:

base it on any one of the three and you have a solid case.

It's so subjective unless you base it upon statistics of some combination. In my mind, the things that make a great coach are often hard to quantify. Class, ethics, motivator, encourager, maximizes talent available by getting the most out of each player, capable of getting the team to play together as a unit, etc.