Give me your top three coaches in the 9th region

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lavadusky Cooper not sure how to spell it.

Stoll NCC

Murphy Holy Cross

I think Ritchey is a good coach but she has had a lot of talent the last 7-8 years and hasn't really done much. I know your going to give me all her wins which is great but in my opinion should have won the region at least once in that stretch.

Lavadusky Cooper not sure how to spell it.

Stoll NCC

Murphy Holy Cross

I think Ritchey is a good coach but she has had a lot of talent the last 7-8 years and hasn't really done much. I know your going to give me all her wins which is great but in my opinion should have won the region at least once in that stretch.

I knew this would come up. Why do you feel he is a top 3? I'm not saying he isn't, just like to hear the reasons and you were the first to mention him. I know they won it last year...but up to that point, they were avg to a lil above average in other years. He was fortunate enough to have a set of 6'2" twins and two other transfers (one being a D1 All-State player) land in his lap. Well I'm not sure they just "landed" in his lap, but they ended up there somehow. My point, does one year of really good success substantiate the title of top 3 in the region...with all that fell in place with them?

RCC9, not saying I don't agree with you because in a lot of ways I do, guess I put him there because they did win it. A lot of girls fell in his lap and are continuing to do so, I probably need to rethink my list but the first 2 I am sticking with.

Foust vs. Murphy should be decided this year. It's going to be one of the very few times they are comparable in talent. Whoever gets out of the district along with Holmes is going to have a really good claim to who is the better coach.

Thought this would create a good discussion. Also' date=' would love to know something that a 9th region coach does during gametime that drives you crazy! Mine would be the way the Conner coach works the refs like Magic Johnson. All in good taste now.[/quote']

Conner Coach Aaron Stamm doesn't work the refs, he just makes them earn their pay. If you wanted to watch someone work the refs then you should have watched Coach Fookes. She was good at it and it generally worked in her favor.

Conner Coach Aaron Stamm doesn't work the refs, he just makes them earn their pay. If you wanted to watch someone work the refs then you should have watched Coach Fookes. She was good at it and it generally worked in her favor.
. Watched Fookes for years, she owned the refs. Saw many a ref intimidated by Coach. The Conner coach just cries.

It makes me LOL at the fact you Guys don't put Murphy on your top coaches list, yes I may be a bit of a homer but how is the guy not a great coach he took his small school team to state and won the whole thing! As far as talent gathering it cracks me up that because very good talented girls decided to join the Holy Cross club that you guys think they are cheating and recruiting. All these girls want to do is win so of coarse when a coach or team has success then other girls want to join in and be apart of it.

Before girls decided to go/transfer to Holy Cross they were not winning anything, and now you have a whole AAU team coming and these girls are from all over so please tell me how that happens because some are from Ft. Thomas school system and if I'm mistaken HHS has a pretty good program.