Everything posted by Panther15
-
NCC vs Holy Cross 9th Region All-A Final
Now back to the game I look for this to be a battle after seeing both teams play last night I see a VERY low scoring game HC likes slowing it down getting in there sets and running them on offense and is very good at what they do on the defensive end of the ball. In there game against Newport NCC when trying to push the ball and run would turn the ball over way to much so therefore I look for both teams wanting to play slow and play smart not taking tons of ill advised shots! I see this one coming down to the wire HC 28 NCC 27!
-
NCC vs Holy Cross 9th Region All-A Final
while a player is shooting foul shots and Mclendon follows the beechwood girl towards beechwood a bench sense she was guarding her and the beechwood coach progresses to tell the player every name in the book and saying very bad choice words directed at Mclendon while she was standing 2 ft in front of him! Again I've played beechwood my whole life and I know you guys never do wrong but this is not Mclendons issue! Also if your so worried about a player not shaking a coaches hand, how about the last two years when game after game coaches would walk right by Deja Turner and not shake her hand? Did you see any one demanding a suspension because of a hand shake? No! Some states have now banned shaking hands after games!
-
NCC vs Holy Cross 9th Region All-A Final
I have played high school sports o have also coached high school sports not shaking a hand calling for a suspension? Your kidding me right? Did you stop to think of what your coaches said to McClendon made her not want to shake his hand? If anyone deserves suspension it's not McClendon it's the coach who said those things to her.
-
NCC vs Holy Cross 9th Region All-A Final
I new this situation would be brought up sooner then later, Beechwood hasn't changed sense I was in high school they never start anything they never do any wrong and there is absolutely no reason they should get beat. This choice words you heard from the stands actually wasn't McClendon it was your teams bench, also McClendon being told by a beechwood parent that she is (an unkind term) is that ok because it was a beechwood parent? McClendon is a competitor and no by any means is she perfect but I've watched her play, I've watched a lot of these teams play multiple times a year. McClendon doesn't just turn around and give the (inappropriate word) to someone and sure doesn't bring on confrontation or commission on the court! As for RCC9's comment is this brought year after year because Highlands doesn't get the offer to play in it and still can't manage to make it outta the region? Sorry after the comments above I couldn't resist trying to push some RCC9 buttons lol!
-
Top returning players in NKY for next season
A player who may not get much recognition because of playing at a small 1A school being Ludlow is QB Justin Blackburn this kid is a work horse and a pure athlete look for him to put up big numbers on Friday nights!
-
Holy Cross vs Holmes - Live on HC Internet Radio - 1/8
By far the nastiest move by #10 for Holy Cross on McClendon! Left McClendon standing at the 3 point line in a daze!!!! What a ball game!
-
Scott High School soph guard Alexis Stapleton joins 1000 point club!
Congrats Lexi, fantastic accomplishment for only a sophomore. Can't wait to see her stats after her final game as a senior!
-
Holy Cross vs NCC - Live on Holy Cross Radio - 12/22
Gonna have to take this one in tonight should be a battle!
-
Ryle 48 Covington Holy Cross 45
The only advantage that Ryle had in this game which they will have on most teams all year is there size. Even with the there size they didn't have an answer for Mclendon all night long Ryle coach was yelling in team huddle about having to close the gap keep her from penetrating. As for coaching in this one everyone who says coach Murphy isn't a good coach he made a pretty good coaching adjustment that gave rule fits in the second half with there 3-2 zone they had played the whole game! Putting Beal on the foul line made ryle have to actually think on defense and not sit back and use there size. Not taking anything away from Ryle as I have not seen Holmes play yet this year but after last nights game I wouldn't put Ryle in my top spot for the 9th region rankings! They are for sure good and there size is a hard matchup for anyone but not #1 in the region or northern Kentucky. As for not shooting well Tucker and Gabbered didn't shoot well last night, Beal and Mclendon scoring kept HC in it, without shooting well. So I wouldn't say it would have been a double digit win if Ryle shot Better. What I noticed will kill this Ryle team is after Jump they have no other real inside presence who can finish around the rim, Lange sp? Has a great jump shot but around the rim her game drops off! Like stated before these two teams will be in the hunt come tourney time, good luck to these two teams from here on!
-
9th Region top 10
As everyone knows I agree that Holmes right now is the top dog in the 9th, no pun intended. Until they are beat it's there's to lose, that being said I honestly believe any of the top 5 teams whomever that may be could beat each other on any given night. This regional tourney is going to be a really fun one to take in!
-
Simon Kenton 65 Covington Holy Cross 55
Also the 3-second calls that where not made but one time would be when SK has the ball just past half court no shot being taken, and the post player would be standing dead center of the paint posting up against HC bigs for a total of (and we counted SK fans and myself included) 6-8 seconds multiple times during the game. How do you negate/restart the time on that? Also the elbows, if I do believe and correct me if I'm wrong the rule has change about swinging through with the elbows and using them to clear space? The elbow by Meier was completely uncalled for and in mine as well as others a dirty play. She wasn't being pushed she wasn't being leaned on she didn't even have a pass coming her way she just blatantly threw the elbow. As for the elbows by Neace I can understand why she did it beings I've been in that position before being trapped and nowhere to go but to continuously throw them back and forth is to much. For the "carries" to be called on Mclendon is a very laughable call as well, because about 80% of girls playing high school basketball carry the ball everytime they dribble because of strength issues it goes uncalled. Mclendon is smooth with the ball and so quick I don't know how she can be called for a carry doing a simple cross over. Again SK played a great game they hit shots when they needed them. Also made there free throws late they deserved to win the game not taking anything away from them one bit! All I'm stating is the officiating was poor at best and majority of games I've attended at SK which has been ALOT they seemed to get a very great margin of home court calls!
-
Simon Kenton 65 Covington Holy Cross 55
Again was not stating that HC lost this game because of officiating! Was clearly stating that the officiating in this game was no where near even. The walk call was called on Mclendon as soon as she took a step, Neace would take off from above the foul line and end up shooting a lay up with no call? The offensive fouls on Mclendon where ghost calls as soon as she would blow by a defender the whistle was blown for a foul or a carry. Far far far away from being officiated evenly. AGAIN NOT SAYING HC LOST BECAUSE OF OFFICIATING!
-
Simon Kenton 65 Covington Holy Cross 55
Ok I've kept quiet long enough, SK came out and beat HC. True! HC did not play there best at any point in this game, as for officiating anyone who knows basketball knows that the officiating in this game was awful. Now I'm not at all saying HC lost because of officiating but while sitting with SK parents and there opinion on calls being horrible something is wrong! As stated by a precious poster calls driving to the basket being fair, please explain how you think that? How does HC get called for a walk twice while being tied up driving to the basket, but Neace drives does the same three step move and gets a no call? Explain to me how SK bits can stand in the paint for 6 seconds no movement at all, and not have 3 seconds called again even the SK patents I sat by counted multiple occasions this happened. Explain to me how meier blatantly throws an elbow to HC bigs mid section right in front of the official and gets a simple offensive foul called on her? Should have been a flegrent, technical or even an ejection. HC got called for multiple offensive fouls for "pushing off" yet a HC player gets pushed off into the scores table and it's a blocking foul? HC had Neace trapped right in front of SK bench she throws multiple elbows which caused HC fans in I erupt when nothing is called but a time out for SK even Stowers yells to HC fans get off her she won't throw elbows. Again all these calls where questioned by SK fans as well. Also like I stated earlier HC didn't show up to win either not at all blaming officiating for the loss, but to say this game was officiated evenly is a joke! As far as the game went HC had good Games from multiple contributers, Mclendon had her game! Crigler came off the bench to hit big 3s beal had a great spert late in the game on offense but because of foul trouble only played sparingly tucker had great finished going to the basket and gabbered again played a great big game inside with her size. Just wasn't enough to get the win!
-
Holy Cross (Covington) @ Simon Kenton 12/7 Predictions
I can't wait for this matchup to tip off tonight! This game will be a war in my opinion Mclendon is probably the best defender in northern Kentucky IMO, that being said with Beal and Tucker by her side I don't think Neace is enough to get the win for SK. Meier Sp? And Chames will be a battle down low possibly the best people will get to see all year! Tucker and Beal can create there own shots with the best of them and Mclendon running the point is hard to stop. I'll take HC by 10.
-
Covington Holy Cross 59 Tates Creek 28
You do nothing but bash HC they win you bash them they lose you let them have it! Heck even on the ACS thread you made a comment about Ryle being the only competition for Holmes, Get over yourself and HC they are winning and others wanna be apart of the ride!
-
Covington Holy Cross 59 Tates Creek 28
Really wishing RCC9 would give it a rest! HC won state your Birds haven't been able to do that so you are bitter like others on here, that because HC is winning These parents are sending them there! I being a HC faithful told numerous people how dangerous Highlands was last year, but what happen? I said before the region game that I was scared about that game because Highlands is dangerous, again what happen? Just because girls want to play for a coach who has shown can win and shown he can win the big game. That doesn't mean anything wrong is going on! Kes Murphy is a fantastic coach he's shown that, if I had a daughter playing high school ball I would for sure consider Holy Cross without a doubt! Sorry for rambling but I'm tired of hearing RCC9 complain about HC winning! WHO CARES WHO PLAYS FOR THEM! LET IT GO!
-
Covington Holy Cross 62 St. Henry 46
I said last year to some friends Mclendon is so smooth when she plays the game and Noble last year her hustle and dedication made her one of my favorite players to watch play, didn't see much of the hustle get after it attitude outta her tonight, but sure did see a girl who can fill the basket!
-
Lafayette/Simon Kenton Updates
Is lafeyette big with speed or just big? If they have speed with there size this will be a battle until the end, if they're just bit sk will wear down a big team with there speed.
-
Class A 1st Round: (6-4) Ludlow vs (5-5) Kentucky Country Day
Well after looking over countless teams schedules trying to piece together a common opponent I realized this KCD team will not be a walk in the park for the panthers they played a fairly tough schedule as did Ludlow. That being said I take the Panthers in this one in a close one, not only because I think they are the better team but because the home field advantage and the excitement around this team and community having the home playoff game lifts these guys enough to get the win! Ludlow 28 KCD 14
- Ludlow 2015-16
-
Covington Holy Cross 2015-16
B I'm curious to know if this comment is directed towards me, because I'm am close to some of the players and I have seen them play sense March I'm a huge HC supporter I was all the state games I was all but one all a state game I was at all regional games I was at all district games very rarely would I miss the regular season games! I'm also a logical fan of the game of basketball they lost a lot based solely on that there stock drops a little it's just like college ball and Pro ball the favorites in the beginning of the year are based on what returns and what left of was lost due to graduation. Again HC will be right in the mix of things in the end but this will not be the same HC as of late which is fine every team goes through graduation every team goes through injury HC will be fine and will be competing for the top when it's all said and done!
-
Covington Holy Cross 2015-16
I dont disagree with any argument as to whether HC should be or shouldn't be top 5, it's safe to say they lost key parts to there run last year. That being said there defense is dangerous whether you have bigs in the game or not, any team that plays together in sync the way HC teams play can hold any team under there normal average and can create havoc. This years team will not be any different in that aspect, tucker and McClendon flat out get after it when it comes to the defensive end of the floor getting past those two to challenge the new bigs of HC will be a task in itself for teams that's why I believe they will be right in the mix of things in the end. If you look back at the state title game look who created the opportunity for HC to take that last shot with a huge steal one on one at mid court, it was McClendon. Look at the all a state championship game look who was guarding the girl that fumbled the ball out of bounds giving HC the opportunity to win that game, it was McClendon she's possibly one of the hardest players to beat on the basketball floor I would put her on top of my defensive players in the region! Tucker is the same way people try to pick on her for being a smaller varsity player but she's tough she's strong she will bang with anyone whether it's rebounds or guarding you one on one at the top of the key she gets after it. These two playing there defensive game will cause many turnover points and influence how the rest of the HC players play with that passion they will be dangerous.
-
Covington Holy Cross 2015-16
I was wondering the same thing? Haha I know a lot about this team they are going to be good! It's going to be a different game then last year that they will have to play because of what they lost but they are still going to be good! As for RCC9 he is Highlands through and trough and I respect that, he kinda sorta congratulated these girls on there run to winning state but now we are back to square one, but that's all of us I am a fan of HC so I'm going to defend them RCC9 is a Highlands fan so of course he's going to defend them it's all in good fun but GO INDIANS!!!!
-
Covington Holy Cross 2015-16
I think HC has scorers on this years team that haven't seen much varsity minutes due to the depth of last years team, that being said shooting in a varsity game for some reason seams to be different then in a jv or lower level game. HC has a shooter who has had to sit out the last two seasons due to a broken back in Niemeyer you leave her open you might as well count the bucket. Gabbered sp? And Turner inside the paint may not be the tallest but they play physical and that's what you need out of a big in high school ball. Tucker and McClendon will get there points a lot of them will come from the foul line due to them being quick off the dribble to the basket l. This team will be better then most expect and will have other players step up and score and contribute!
-
Covington Holy Cross 2015-16
This years Holy Cross team will be a different team from the past few years, that being said a lot of people are down playing them McClendon is in my opinion the top point guard in the 9th. She alone will carry this team to a lot of wins this year, Tucker will also pull the same weight as McClendon and win some games for this team. They might be small compared to years past but they will be quick and are well coached they will beat a lot of people they are not predicted to beat, (by a lot of people on this site.) All that being said i being a fan of this team would not put them a top the region soley because of who and what they lost but they will surprise a lot of people!