Give me your top three coaches in the 9th region

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well he could have at least won the All A with that squad! :banana:

So your saying he would actually compete in the All A.

I knew it. :eyeonyou:

I said "the HHS softball coach" could! :lol2:

Leave to Lawnboy to have this thread go another direction. LOL

I think he's trying to derail us!

"Likes" for everybody. :clap:

@RCC9 cleaned up with 3 of them.

So all those little schools that can't compete with the bigger schools can get the experience of success. You know because they can't compete with those big mighty schools that have a bigger enrollement. Really it's so the small schools don't press for basketball classification.

Why do we even have an all A?

So all those little schools that can't compete with the bigger schools can get the experience of success. You know because they can't compete with those big mighty schools that have a bigger enrollement. Really it's so the small schools don't press for basketball classification.

:stop: Don't feed the "Bird", let's stay on topic.

Only family members......parents, siblings, grandparents, or aunts/uncles can pay tuition for a student.

This is not true. My parents have "sponsored" two students at Covington Latin for about 30. years. Last year I paid tuition for a student at NDA. This year I paid tuition for a family at IHM (grade school). My parents let Cov Latin choose the students. However, my payment went directly to a student's account that I specified. It had nothing to do with athletics just families I had heard were struggling finicancially.

As for the HC hate in this thread...I say you must be doing something right. People on this board hate success. Who cares if last year's state championship team were all "real" Holy Cross kids? People send their kids to

HC for all kinds of academic reasons - they honor IEP's and offer special Ed help. Those kids (and coach) have the last laugh and a state champ ring on their finger. They didn't cheat, they worked hard and no one gave it to them. It was an awesome accomplishment and all of NKy should be proud.

By the way, besides Boone Co

Schools, can't a kid choose to go to any school they want to? So if I live in Independence, my kid could go to Scott, Dixie, NDA, Holmes, SHDHS, etc?

This is not true. My parents have "sponsored" two students at Covington Latin for about 30. years. Last year I paid tuition for a student at NDA. This year I paid tuition for a family at IHM (grade school). My parents let Cov Latin choose the students. However, my payment went directly to a student's account that I specified. It had nothing to do with athletics just families I had heard were struggling finicancially.

As for the HC hate in this thread...I say you must be doing something right. People on this board hate success. Who cares if last year's state championship team were all "real" Holy Cross kids? People send their kids to

HC for all kinds of academic reasons - they honor IEP's and offer special Ed help. Those kids (and coach) have the last laugh and a state champ ring on their finger. They didn't cheat, they worked hard and no one gave it to them. It was an awesome accomplishment and all of NKy should be proud.

By the way, besides Boone Co

Schools, can't a kid choose to go to any school they want to? So if I live in Independence, my kid could go to Scott, Dixie, NDA, Holmes, SHDHS, etc?

Thanks for being a good steward of your community!

Interesting thread. If Coach Fooks had not retired, my 3 would have been easy. With her moving on I had to think about the 3rd spot. Several have pointed out this may not be just about wins. Sure wins matter. Which coach do you worry about maximizing his or her talent the most and making game adjustments to take away your teams strengths.

1) NCC Coach Stoll: Year in and year out

2) Highlands Coach Richey: Yes she has good talent..but not dominate talent. She gets them to play as one and has her team in the conversation every year.

3) Conner Coach Stamm but have to say Cooper Coach Levandusky and Beechwood Coach Houston came to mind. All get the most of the teams they have and I'd look for all three of these teams to make noise this year. Last year Conner lost their best player to injury and often were out matched. But they brought a good game plan and tough spirit to every game and that's coaching. (1 pt loss to Highlands, 9 pt loss to final four team Mason Co, 5 pt loss to NCC etc etc)

No disrespect to other VERY GOOD coaches. Like player list, when you put a few at the top, it doesn't mean you think the others suck :)

Thank you! Well said! BTW, These are also the same people who were on here routing for that team when they went down state. Now look at them, they're Back to who transferred, who paid tuition, they're cheating, etc..

The HATE is what keeps NKY athletes from success, NOT the lack of talent. NO ONE in NKY wants to see someone doing better than them. Even through the AAU programs here in NKY (where these same people on here coach and/or are in charge of the same athletes they hate to see succeed). THEY CHOOSE who THEY WANT to succeed and/or showcase based on their school, coaches, etc. NOT by talent! Its such a shame! And ultimately the reason why there's so much success for the student athletes and schools down state. THEY SUPPORT EACH OTHER!

If you're not happy seeing any athlete succeed, no matter what school, team, etc..Some of you are in the wrong business.

Sadly that's how it is in NKY!