Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ryle 48 Highlands 24

Featured Replies

So you're saying Beechwood is gonna beat Highlands? If that's the case will they even make the playoffs? At least Ryle will be there. Come to union, they'll sell you a ticket.

 

Highlands will be in the playoffs no matter what. At least a 2 if not a 1 seed for sure. Some of this stuff gets tiring to read on here.

  • Replies 221
  • Views 29.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Again, tell me who had that thus far into the season.

 

Actually I did in the Brossart pre season thread. I believe if we look back my comment was so.ething like " a jv team could run the table vs that schedule" as for the HHS only one win we knew they would be down but maybe not this much and CovCath has a ridiculous schedule with an entire new staff many predicted this is where they would be at this point.

I know I'm on a rant but... Highlands linebackers were not making plays in the backfield that were clearly there for the taking. If they still teach the same keys as they did 5 years ago ryle backs should've been stopped on multiple plays for a loss and it just wasn't happening. I'm being hard on the defense I know, I was never much of an offensive guy.

 

So is that why they had to move a guy from another position back to linebacker in the 2nd half and then had a revolving door at the other position? The defensive personnel needs to be evaluated as well. How many times did Ryle run the same off tackle play for big yards and what adjustment did you see made?

No. Only two of the 4 games they've played. That's only half.

Do you seriously think Highlands is better than Cooper and Ryle? You've been hinting around for the last couple weeks like it was a fluke that Cooper won. If you remember it wasn't close. Cooper dominated the entire game and was up 20-0 before Highlands ran the punt back for their first score.

 

It's one thing to say it was a close game if it actually was, but to hint that Highlands lost because it was early in the season is a joke. Ryle was the better team and so was Cooper.

U

You guys are funny how you twist things around! Not "any" other wins. When you're on top, people take notice and you draw attention. I don't care who you are, but until you beat someone decent on your level, people will question the validity of "contender". It's not Ryle fault the teams they scheduled are way down. They are typically all very good. But unfortunately that means we really have know idea if this Ryle team is really a contender. Most are saying the game with Cooper should be a great win. Well if that's true, then I'm not sure they are a contender. Station (an above average, but not great) beat them bad! If Ryle wants to be considered a state contender, they need to beat Cooper fairly easy and SK. No matter how good SK is, I still don't see them doing anything different in the playoffs than they have in the past. NKy is having a down year.

 

You guys that aren't used to being on top get a little too sensitive. Just because I question whether they can make a state run, doesn't mean I won't root for them. I'll tell you the same thing I told SK and Dixie last year. I call it like it is and by what I see and know. I just feel the only team in NKy that has a chance to make a deep run this year is Beechwood. I hope I'm wrong and I will root for every NKy team.

Listen, it comes down to this. Instead of you always trying to put subtle jabs at the other teams that beat Highlands to make them out to being not very good. Try and remember one thing. How many years have we all heard how great HHS is and how everyone in NKY is afraid of them and ducks them? Now that teams are scheduling them in NKY and beating them all we are hearing from you inspire jealousy. Plenty of people

have said in the past that maybe it wasn't other teams hiding from HHS like you folks loved to say. So now that teams are playing HHS and beating them,

Maybe you could for once give them credit like you would expect others to do in the roles were reversed? These other teams are simply better than Highlands.

 

The sun will still come out tomorrow. It's ok.

U

Listen, it comes down to this. Instead of you always trying to put subtle jabs at the other teams that beat Highlands to make them out to being not very good. Try and remember one thing. How many years have we all heard how great HHS is and how everyone in NKY is afraid of them and ducks them? Now that teams are scheduling them in NKY and beating them all we are hearing from you inspire jealousy. Plenty of people

have said in the past that maybe it wasn't other teams hiding from HHS like you folks loved to say. So now that teams are playing HHS and beating them,

Maybe you could for once give them credit like you would expect others to do in the roles were reversed? These other teams are simply better than Highlands.

 

The sun will still come out tomorrow. It's ok.

 

There's not one team in N. Ky this year that could've given the Highlands teams of the past 8 years a game for even a 1 quarter. It would have been blow out city. The coaches knew there was a 2 year opportunity to compete with Highlands and they came calling to take their shot. Opposing coaches knew it and Highlands knew it. Will they stay on the schedule in the future? I don't believe they will. I'm hearing the sophomore class on down is loaded again. I think all the N Kentucky coaches will drop the series again instead of taking their 60-80 point beatings and getting exposed as they were in the past.

 

Congratulations! Enjoy you 1 win every 25-30 years or so over a Highlands team that's struggling right now.

Congrats to Ryle on the win.

 

Off topic---but how was the Ryle band/halftime show? Saw them practicing on Thursday night. Impressive production!

As far as Highlands issues, there were some good things in that game. Offensively Hergott has to be set and he can make throws. I don't see much chance for success when he rolls out to his opposite hand. Defensively there's still problems against the outside run and outside pass patterns. There were a lot of good stops defensively when Ryle tried to run up the middle.

Congrats to Ryle on the win.

 

Off topic---but how was the Ryle band/halftime show? Saw them practicing on Thursday night. Impressive production!

 

They must've stayed out in Union.

Lots of work to do. The Raiders won and they expected to win. They can play better but winning is the name of the game. They do what it takes and really enjoy playing a GAME. Best wishes to the Birds moving forward, both teams gave great effort! Daugherty is a STUD kicker and player.

I believe Ryle is at least 2 scores better than Cooper right now.

There's not one team in N. Ky this year that could've given the Highlands teams of the past 8 years a game for even a 1 quarter. It would have been blow out city. The coaches knew there was a 2 year opportunity to compete with Highlands and they came calling to take their shot. Opposing coaches knew it and Highlands knew it. Will they stay on the schedule in the future? I don't believe they will. I'm hearing the sophomore class on down is loaded again. I think all the N Kentucky coaches will drop the series again instead of taking their 60-80 point beatings and getting exposed as they were in the past.

 

Congratulations! Enjoy you 1 win every 25-30 years or so over a Highlands team that's struggling right now.

 

You don't know that at all.

That is is wishing thinking on your part. The mighty Highlands has been dethroned the first time NKY teams played them out of district. Just accept it and move on.

 

You want to know what other Cooper team would

Have beat HHS in the past several years? I'd put the 2012 Cooper team against HHS team the same year.

 

Highlands is a great program but it is also easy for you to hide their mystique behind the curtain when the fact remains they didn't play any NKY teams

Over the last several

Years so it's easy to say "no team would have beat them". It's also just as easy for any other team that didn't play HHS to say the same about them.

 

You got what you've asked for for years and it didn't turn out the way you wanted. Oh well.

 

You say it will be another 25 years until another NKY team beats Highlands? You know that this is the second time in the last 3 meetings Ryle

Beat them don't you? Wasn't 25 years either. You also know this was the first time Cooper ever played them right?

I believe Ryle is at least 2 scores better than Cooper right now.

 

 

Ok. Could be. I believe if HHS and Cooper played again Cooper would be a 6 score favorite.

You don't know that and all

That is is wishing thinking on your part. The mighty Highlands has been dethroned the first time NKY teams at them out of district. Just accept it and move on.

 

You want to know what other Cooper team would

Have beat HHS in the past several years? I'd put the 2012 Cooper team against HHS team the same year.

 

Highlands is a great program but it is also easy for you to hide their mystique behind the curtain when the fact remains they didn't play any NKY teams

Over the last several

Years so it's easy to say "no team would have beat them". It's also just as easy for any other team that didn't play HHS to say the same about them.

 

You got what you've asked for for years and it didn't turn out the way you wanted. Oh well.

 

 

Enjoy your 2 years. There are better teams right now than Highlands right now. If Cooper, Ryle, SK are now top notch programs then go play a GCL team every year. Call a big Ohio school. Continue to play Highlands for years to come. At the end of 10 years, you'll have 1 or 2 wins over Highlands if you're lucky. Your coaches and players know it too. I root for all N. Ky teams. I watch all 6 state final games every year.

 

Cooper 2012 made a nice run thru 4 mediocre teams and got beat in the finals by a couple scores. They were a nice team that Highlands would have beat by 4 scores. Go back and look at the rosters. Highlands was loaded with guys who went on and played college football.

Ok. Could be. I believe if HHS and Cooper played again Cooper would be a 6 score favorite.

 

Everyone might be a 6 score favorite right now. That doesn't make your team good.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.