Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ryle 48 Highlands 24

Featured Replies

Congrats to Ryle. Makes me feel a little better about the result of the LC-Ryle game. Sounds like Engler has the Raiders going in the right direction.

  • Replies 221
  • Views 29.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Highlands doesn't have the skill-set that they have had in years past. Going back to things that have worked in the past is a great idea, however, if you don't have the skill-set, how can you expect the same outcome. Give these boy's credit as they are busting their butt, and doing the best they can do. This is going to be a growing year, and nothing said on this thread is going to change that. The simple fact is this...... the coaches & boys are doing the best they can. Live with the results, and support them. Win, lose or draw. that's what champions, and their supporters do !

And this is why I think the jury is still out on Ryle. If we are talking Cov being comparable to HHS and obviously LC isn't much better, then I have to say this Ryle team is still unproven. Because as much as I want to hold on to hope, HHS is just not good right now. Scott County got drilled by Elder and SC could have scored 100 on HHS last week if they wanted. I think there is more than just "not enough talent" going on with this team.

 

Does everyone that wins against HHS this year fall under they aren't good catagorie. It was closer than the score. We didn't lose till the 4th quarter and we were desperate so the other points shouldn't count because we didn't make plays when we needed to. Sounds like a broken record.

Does everyone that wins against HHS this year fall under they aren't good catagorie. It was closer than the score. We didn't lose till the 4th quarter and we were desperate so the other points shouldn't count because we didn't make plays when we needed to. Sounds like a broken record.

 

How bout my man Eric Wright!? Who should I call for next?

How bout my man Eric Wright!? Who should I call for next?

 

Keep picking them. I thought Jake Long had a great game tonight also.

Ryle has really nice size and tge QB is legit. England was impressive as well but he hurt his ankle and DNP the 2nd half. #35 picked up the slack and had a very good 2nd half. Congrats to the Raiders on a nicely played game.

 

As far as the Birds I was hoping to see more changes and seeing Hebel on the DL made a huge difference. He manhandled the Ryle lineman getting penetraton multiple times. Having him and Robinson as bookends is huge.

 

Offensively the Birds struggled in the 2nd half. Hergott put really nice touch on the only 2nd half Bird TD. He didn't seem to be able to get his feet set which caused several errant passes. I still like him better as a straight drop back pocket passer. Why they roll him out is beyond me, especially when they struggle with protection on the edges. I thought Kendall ran hard but he took some nasty shots and didn't see a lot of daylight between the tackles.

 

Jared Daugherty is a fierce competitor and is an excellent defensive player. He made some jarring hits tonight.

 

4 Personal fouls on the Birds shows a lack of disciple and concentration. That can be corrected with gassers though.

 

It doesn't get any easier as the St X Tigers come to town next week. Hope everyone came out healthy tonight and get can re-focus on next week.

 

Highlands needs to look at film and find out where #44 for Ryle was coming from. He was in the backfield every play and had Hergott running for his life. That's why he was rolling out.

 

Great FG for Dougherty (sp?). I guess they took my advice with the straight jacket, blind fold, and spun him around 10 times before his attempt. If this young man doesn't end up at a major college with a D1 scholly something is wrong. I know it's hard to get recruited as a kicker but this is the very best cream of the crop kicker that Ive ever seen in HS.

Highlands doesn't have the skill-set that they have had in years past. Going back to things that have worked in the past is a great idea, however, if you don't have the skill-set, how can you expect the same outcome. Give these boy's credit as they are busting their butt, and doing the best they can do. This is going to be a growing year, and nothing said on this thread is going to change that. The simple fact is this...... the coaches & boys are doing the best they can. Live with the results, and support them. Win, lose or draw. that's what champions, and their supporters do !

 

Just curious as to what you think the season win/loss board is going to look like? Personnally I would love to see a little more MEAN on the team.:taz:

Does everyone that wins against HHS this year fall under they aren't good catagorie. It was closer than the score. We didn't lose till the 4th quarter and we were desperate so the other points shouldn't count because we didn't make plays when we needed to. Sounds like a broken record.

 

No. Only two of the 4 games they've played. That's only half.

No. Only two of the 4 games they've played. That's only half.

 

Good point. .500 is great in baseball. But this is well, umm football and it's not so good of an average. Make sure you use that stuff on SK. We don't want the Boone / Union teams to be the only ones who barely won by 3 scores

Good point. .500 is great in baseball. But this is well, umm football and it's not so good of an average. Make sure you use that stuff on SK. We don't want the Boone / Union teams to be the only ones who barely won by 3 scores

 

Not following ya. You said do I say that every game. I said no, only on half of them. I dont see how that relates to a baseball average. 2 out of 4 is 500, but I didn't realize I was competing in anything. Not like I was wrong or right half the time. Just stating my opinion and that opinion applies to two of the 4 games.

Not following ya. You said do I say that every game. I said no, only on half of them. I dont see how that relates to a baseball average. 2 out of 4 is 500, but I didn't realize I was competing in anything. Not like I was wrong or right half the time. Just stating my opinion and that opinion applies to two of the 4 games.

 

Just find it funny that a team is 4-0 and they aren't for real. If it was HHS that was 4-0 no matter the score or opponets you would be declaring the season over and you were the greatest show on turf. Your entitled to your opinion. It's wrong but hey its america. You still have the right to be wrong.

Watching this game tonight was shocking. This team needs to stop dabbling in guys going both ways and get serious. Platooning this team is not possible. We had a great opportunity tonight to get guys reps on the other side of the ball and the opportunity was lost. We now have two more opportunities before the district games begin.

I don't think anyone is saying Ryle isn't for real. The question is how good are they. Unfortunately, the 3 name programs Ryle has beaten are all clearly down this year. That raises the question of just how good is Ryle. Again, it isn't a question of whether they are good, it is a question of how good. Personally, right now I rank Ryle even with Cooper in N. Ky. and 6A, behind Simon Kenton. I see Simon Kenton as the clear #1 . The good news, all three of those teams play each other so we won't have to debate it into the playoffs. Those are going to be some good games. The showdown between those three starts next week when Cooper plays Simon Kenton.

Just find it funny that a team is 4-0 and they aren't for real. If it was HHS that was 4-0 no matter the score or opponets you would be declaring the season over and you were the greatest show on turf. Your entitled to your opinion. It's wrong but hey its america. You still have the right to be wrong.

 

You can call it wrong all you want. But I'll wait to see what happens when they play a decent team in 6a before I call them good in 6a. Playing a bad 6a team and 3 not so good lower division teams so far doesn't prove anything to me. Other than Ryle still has a lot of work to do to make a run in 6a. That's not a bad thing! Everyone felt Cooper was there too until they ran into a decent 6a team. I'm not saying either team is bad, I'm saying they are unproven in 6a outside of NKy. I'm sorry it hurts your feeling that I'm not sold yet. Again, there's been too many pretenders from NKy 6a for recent years. This happens every year and I'm sorry that I'm not ready to crown a NKy 6a team as a contender until I see a little more of the season play out. I'll tell you the same thing we've all told ukfan over the years, having a great record is much different than being a good team. It depends on who you've played. Right now, Ryle's opponents aren't helping them. It's an odd year. Because typically 3 of those 4 wins would look outstanding and Ryle would have proven themselves mightily! But this year, those names on the schedule aren't proving to get the same level of respect. Those teams are just way down and not very good right now. That's not Ryle's fault. They have played the teams on their schedule and took care of business. But I will hold out until I see them play a good team on their level before passing judgment. I'm sorry you don't get that. If UK beat Vandy, Morehead, Eastern and Western and were 4-0, would you say they are ready to compete in the sec?? Hey, they are 4-0! I think you'd wait to see them play at least one formidable SEC opponent before you passed judgment, right??

I don't think anyone is saying Ryle isn't for real. The question is how good are they. Unfortunately, the 3 name programs Ryle has beaten are all clearly down this year. That raises the question of just how good is Ryle. Again, it isn't a question of whether they are good, it is a question of how good. Personally, right now I rank Ryle even with Cooper in N. Ky. and 6A, behind Simon Kenton. I see Simon Kenton as the clear #1 . The good news, all three of those teams play each other so we won't have to debate it into the playoffs. Those are going to be some good games. The showdown between those three starts next week when Cooper plays Simon Kenton.

 

This is exactly what I'm saying. That's why I keep saying unproven.

 

I get the bad rap because I question and challenge people. It's a discussion board. That's what we do on here.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.