Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ryle 48 Highlands 24

Featured Replies

=10 is Eric Wright

 

Love him! I have to ask...what is his size? HHS is a small team and he still looked tiny. Absolutely love his game though!

  • Replies 221
  • Views 29.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hear ya. And I know the Raider fans will think I'm hating, but all three are down this year. LC and Cov Cath has a titanic struggle tonight! And HHS just is not a good football team right now. I have to be careful what I say...apparently I have hurt the feelings of a few football dads. I have always told it like it is, but this group doesn't like that I guess. Apparently none of us that have watched HHS football for years know anything about the game and somehow make people dumber by reading our posts!!!

 

Everyone's feelings are always hurt when it comes to high school sports. No one wants to hear the truth about their son or daughter's team.

I went to this game tonight with my Tigers out of town. I also saw the first half of Ryle vs. Cov Cath in the first game of the year. - Tanner Morgan is the difference maker for Ryle. Very poised. Quick decisions and quick release. Accurate. He is worth at least 3 TD's every game for Ryle's offense. By that I mean' date=' if someone else is at QB, Ryle would score 3 TD's less per game. - If I had to choose, I would take Bateman over England at RB. Bateman has very quick feet and a great burst when he sees an opening. - I have not seen a Highlands team with this little talent in a long time. - Hergott is really struggling. It could be the injury but he is not accurate at all throwing the ball. If Hergott is a D1 QB, Morgan is definitely a D1 QB. - Jared Daugherty might be the best high school kicker I have ever seen. He put one kickoff through the goal posts with carry. That is a 70 yard field goal. - I believe Covington Catholic will beat Highlands.[/quote']

 

Morgan is a high level D1 QB.

Slow down Captian, Ryle played a great game, but YES this game was closer than the score indicates.

 

BTW, Let the obnoxiously loud Ryle mom know my ears are still ring. :facepalm:

 

I seen a team that moved the ball well, and another that struggled to get yards and relied on a few big plays downfield. You can't rely on 50 yard plays to sustain drives or have enough of those to win games. We knew even if we gave up one ( we did ) that you couldn't get those consistently. That why I feel the game was undercontrol. You did only get 7 points the whole second half.

Love him! I have to ask...what is his size? HHS is a small team and he still looked tiny. Absolutely love his game though!

 

Wright would be the star of Highlands offense.

I went to this game tonight with my Tigers out of town. I also saw the first half of Ryle vs. Cov Cath in the first game of the year.

 

- Tanner Morgan is the difference maker for Ryle. Very poised. Quick decisions and quick release. Accurate. He is worth at least 3 TD's every game for Ryle's offense. By that I mean, if someone else is at QB, Ryle would score 3 TD's less per game.

 

- If I had to choose, I would take Bateman over England at RB. Bateman has very quick feet and a great burst when he sees an opening.

 

- I have not seen a Highlands team with this little talent in a long time.

 

- Hergott is really struggling. It could be the injury but he is not accurate at all throwing the ball. If Hergott is a D1 QB, Morgan is definitely a D1 QB.

 

- Jared Daugherty might be the best high school kicker I have ever seen. He put one kickoff through the goal posts with carry. That is a 70 yard field goal.

 

- I believe Covington Catholic will beat Highlands.

 

If the CovCath team I just watched beats Highlands this year, Highlands should cancel the rest of the season. CCH is really down right now.

Morgan is a high level D1 QB.

 

High?

Roster has him listed at 5'4" & 141lb.

Sorry, BCS caliber.

 

So super high?

So super high?

 

Sounds right, do you know if Hergott is injured? I kinda hope he is because being around recruiting so much, I could see WM wavering, I hope not.

Everyone's feelings are always hurt when it comes to high school sports. No one wants to hear the truth about their son or daughter's team.

 

Me included! But mine are perfect! :banana:

Sounds right, do you know if Hergott is injured? I kinda hope he is because being around recruiting so much, I could see WM wavering, I hope not.

 

Nobody is suckering me into talking about Hergott.

 

And D1 yes, but the game I watched didn't scream Ohio State good.

If the CovCath team I just watched beats Highlands this year, Highlands should cancel the rest of the season. CCH is really down right now.

 

I believe Cov Cath is stronger at the line of scrimmage than Highlands. Both teams are even in offensive playmakers. What do the Ryle fans think? They have seen both teams.

Ryle has really nice size and tge QB is legit. England was impressive as well but he hurt his ankle and DNP the 2nd half. #35 picked up the slack and had a very good 2nd half. Congrats to the Raiders on a nicely played game.

 

As far as the Birds I was hoping to see more changes and seeing Hebel on the DL made a huge difference. He manhandled the Ryle lineman getting penetraton multiple times. Having him and Robinson as bookends is huge.

 

Offensively the Birds struggled in the 2nd half. Hergott put really nice touch on the only 2nd half Bird TD. He didn't seem to be able to get his feet set which caused several errant passes. I still like him better as a straight drop back pocket passer. Why they roll him out is beyond me, especially when they struggle with protection on the edges. I thought Kendall ran hard but he took some nasty shots and didn't see a lot of daylight between the tackles.

 

Jared Daugherty is a fierce competitor and is an excellent defensive player. He made some jarring hits tonight.

 

4 Personal fouls on the Birds shows a lack of disciple and concentration. That can be corrected with gassers though.

 

It doesn't get any easier as the St X Tigers come to town next week. Hope everyone came out healthy tonight and get can re-focus on next week.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.