Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ryle 48 Highlands 24

Featured Replies

A final 4 to state threat.

 

Maybe, but they need some improvements for sure. I'll wait til they play someone their size before making that call. Just saw some things that didn't sell me yet. And I guess it depends on the path they have to the final 4. I will be rooting for them because I like their game, but I just have to see more before I tag them that way. Hopefully I can get out to see the SK game. That would be a start of really seeing where they are.

  • Replies 221
  • Views 29.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really??? Didn't the Birds fumble on the two yard line in the first half? So it was Ryle "missing opportunities" and HHS not making plays to stop them when it counted??? And wasn't it 34-24 with 5 min left in the game??? I think you have your Ryle goggles on!

 

Ryle has a nice team. Not sold they are ready to make a run at 6A right now. But hopefully they continue to improve. They have some work to do and it's still early. LOVE England, QB is nice player, and I found my new favorite player...#10 ! Love him. What's that kids name?

 

Not sure what first half you were watching. Should have been 28-3 at half.

Highlands just doesn't have much, a rare down year. They can't play with the big guys this year. Hopefully, the future is bright.

The scoreboard shows a 24 point victory for a team that was up just 10 with 5 minutes to play. HHS in desperation mode (on side kick and going for it on 4th down in their own territory) enables Ryle to tack on two late scores.

 

If anything the game was closer than the scoreboard indicates.

 

We play 4 quarters. You can't call it quits when you're close. The deperation was because you were losing, the opposite of winning. You couldn't move the ball, hence the "desperate" .

We owned the second half. D stiffened up. We moved the ball at will and chewed the clock. So no it wasnt close. The game was well under control.

 

Well I guess we have different defintiions of "well under control". A 10 point lead with 5 min to go is not what I would call "well under control". I've seen plenty of games that were "well under control" and that wasn't one in my opinion. The backfired onside kick put in "in control", but that was with 5 min left. Call like you like. It makes no difference now. They won and they have a nice team.

Maybe' date=' but they need some improvements for sure. I'll wait til they play someone their size before making that call. Just saw some things that didn't sell me yet. And I guess it depends on the path they have to the final 4. I will be rooting for them because I like their game, but I just have to see more before I tag them that way. Hopefully I can get out to see the SK game. That would be a start of really seeing where they are.[/quote']

 

I've never heard of a Boone County team beating CCH, LC and Highlands in the same year.

Highlands just doesn't have much, a rare down year. They can't play with the big guys this year. Hopefully, the future is bright.

 

I keep holding out hope that it will click or they make some more changes, but I haven't seen it yet. Their most dynamic player still plays on the defensive side of the ball. He is a difference maker and is stuck on defense. I saw a few changes this week, but this team needs to keep reaching in the bread basket if they want to really compete. Just my opinion.

We owned the second half. D stiffened up. We moved the ball at will and chewed the clock. So no it wasnt close. The game was well under control.

 

Slow down Captian, Ryle played a great game, but YES this game was closer than the score indicates.

 

BTW, Let the obnoxiously loud Ryle mom know my ears are still ring. :facepalm:

Slow down Captian, Ryle played a great game, but YES this game was closer than the score indicates.

 

BTW, Let the obnoxiously loud Ryle mom know my ears are still ring. :facepalm:

 

She is loud, but one of us. The kids definately hear her cheering!

I've never heard of a Boone County team beating CCH, LC and Highlands in the same year.

 

I hear ya. And I know the Raider fans will think I'm hating, but all three are down this year. LC and Cov Cath has a titanic struggle tonight! And HHS just is not a good football team right now. I have to be careful what I say...apparently I have hurt the feelings of a few football dads. I have always told it like it is, but this group doesn't like that I guess. Apparently none of us that have watched HHS football for years know anything about the game and somehow make people dumber by reading our posts!!!

Slow down Captian, Ryle played a great game, but YES this game was closer than the score indicates.

 

BTW, Let the obnoxiously loud Ryle mom know my ears are still ring. :facepalm:

 

You should hear them when you drive too fast through Triple Crown.

Someone on here has been pumping Eric Wright up for a few weeks...

AUSTIN BEAL needs to play offense!!! He is the most dynamic playmaker on the Highlands team!! Why will the coaches not put him on offense?

I went to this game tonight with my Tigers out of town. I also saw the first half of Ryle vs. Cov Cath in the first game of the year.

 

- Tanner Morgan is the difference maker for Ryle. Very poised. Quick decisions and quick release. Accurate. He is worth at least 3 TD's every game for Ryle's offense. By that I mean, if someone else is at QB, Ryle would score 3 TD's less per game.

 

- If I had to choose, I would take Bateman over England at RB. Bateman has very quick feet and a great burst when he sees an opening.

 

- I have not seen a Highlands team with this little talent in a long time.

 

- Hergott is really struggling. It could be the injury but he is not accurate at all throwing the ball. If Hergott is a D1 QB, Morgan is definitely a D1 QB.

 

- Jared Daugherty might be the best high school kicker I have ever seen. He put one kickoff through the goal posts with carry. That is a 70 yard field goal.

 

- I believe Covington Catholic will beat Highlands.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.