Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ryle 48 Highlands 24

Featured Replies

The only two teams in their way to a Final Four are SK and Cooper.

 

which Ryle will beat.

  • Replies 221
  • Views 29.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What year is UC's kicker? Would he want to walk on somewhere if it came down to it? I do not know what a DI kicker looks like, but I did see Popham a few times at CovCath. The talent level of the 2 is very close.

 

I know how it is with kickers but it's almost criminal that he doesn't have an offer yet. Jeez, I've watched both WKU games and he's better than the kickers for Vandy, WKU and LA Tech as far as I can tell.

And I am almost certain Popham was a walk-on at Wake Forest.

What year is UC's kicker? Would he want to walk on somewhere if it came down to it? I do not know what a DI kicker looks like, but I did see Popham a few times at CovCath. The talent level of the 2 is very close.

 

which Ryle will beat.

Maybe, but Ryle cannot match SK and Cooper upfront, not even close. Ryle could hardly run the ball on CCH, outside of a long run by McGregor.

Maybe, but Ryle cannot match SK and Cooper upfront, not even close. Ryle could hardly run the ball on CCH, outside of a long run by McGregor.

 

I'm guessing Ryle is still better up front then Dixie, who rushed for over 150 yards against SK. Ryle will beat both, I'm really not that worried about either. Ryle is on a mission, and has bigger fish to fry down the road. Cooper vs. Bryan Station wasn't even close. Cooper ZERO TD's against BS, Ryle scored 5 on BS. Ryle will beat Cooper by 2 TD's. SK is also much better then Cooper, for what it's worth.

I'm guessing Ryle is still better up front then Dixie, who rushed for over 150 yards against SK. Ryle will beat both, I'm really not that worried about either. Ryle is on a mission, and has bigger fish to fry down the road. Cooper vs. Bryan Station wasn't even close. Cooper ZERO TD's against BS, Ryle scored 5 on BS. Ryle will beat Cooper by 2 TD's. SK is also much better then Cooper, for what it's worth.

I am not sure Ryle is better than Dixie upfront. Also, I do not think 131 yards rushing is over 150.

And I am almost certain Popham was a walk-on at Wake Forest.

 

He went on scholarship after his frosh year. Otherwise he would never have picked Wake.

He went on scholarship after his frosh year. Otherwise he would never have picked Wake.

So, year one walk on? From what I understand that is the norm. Usually it seems you walk on until the only scholly place kicker is gone, then if you are the best of the ones on the roster, you get a scholly.

 

 

Did Popham stay after his first year?

So' date=' year one walk on? From what I understand that is the norm. Usually it seems you walk on until the only scholly place kicker is gone, then if you are the best of the ones on the roster, you get a scholly. Did Popham stay after his first year?[/quote']

 

Stayed 4 years. First was a redshirt. Played final year at UC.

which Ryle will beat.

 

So NKy is saying the other side of the bracket will be playing one of those three NKy teams in the finals?? Who are possible opponents from other areas that they could potentially play on the way to the finalsd and apparently have no chance to beat they powerful NKy teams.

Edited by RCC9

For someone like me who has not watched HHS this year, clear up some confusion for me.

 

I read about moving defenders over to offense.

 

Ryle had 296 yards rushing and another 230 in the air. 31 2nd half points.

 

Is the biggest issue offense or is it defense?

For someone like me who has not watched HHS this year, clear up some confusion for me.

 

I read about moving defenders over to offense.

 

Ryle had 296 yards rushing and another 230 in the air. 31 2nd half points.

 

Is the biggest issue offense or is it defense?

The answer unfortunately is both. The DLine can't stop the run and the OLine

Can't run block Very well. That is just from my observation. So both sides of the ball have issues.

 

The problem this years HHS team has is for once in a long time they don't have a QB that can put the team on his shoulders to a win. I don't think they have played a game yet where their opponents QB wasn't the best on the field. That means if HHS doesn't have a run game they are in trouble.

Edited by GreyFox

Is he a kicker and a punter?

Assuming you mean Jared Dougherty, he's both.

For someone like me who has not watched HHS this year, clear up some confusion for me.

 

I read about moving defenders over to offense.

 

Ryle had 296 yards rushing and another 230 in the air. 31 2nd half points.

 

Is the biggest issue offense or is it defense?

 

Other way around. No defensive players have practiced or gone over to offense.

For someone like me who has not watched HHS this year, clear up some confusion for me.

 

I read about moving defenders over to offense.

 

Ryle had 296 yards rushing and another 230 in the air. 31 2nd half points.

 

Is the biggest issue offense or is it defense?

 

Couple thoughts. I think it's both. Birds don't have much size. So I think they are picking and choosing when to let the "bigs" go both ways. That's why I think you'll see the bend don't break" defense. Ryle fans mentioned missed opportunities by driving down and not finishing drives. HHS was part of the reason they didn't finishe drives. As they got closer others entered the game and you saw Ryle start to be slowed down or "miss opportunities" as they say. HHS recently has played a lot of bend don't break defense. (Over the last couple years.) Also, as you know, one way to keep the defense off the field is to sustain long drives and eliminate turnovers. HHS offense doesn't have the ability to sustain long drives and keep the defense off the field. Anything other than 3rd and short, hhs struggles badly converting. My opinion, if you take a couple of the dynamic players and put them on offense, you don't find yourself in as many 3rd and long and if you do, you do have someone dynamic enough to pick it up. Right now on third and long, not many options in my opinion. And I mean 3rd and 5 or more.

 

And one last thing. Remember that it was a 10 point game and they had only scored 17 in the second half until the onside kick backfired on the birds and the kid makes a great decision and runs it back inside the 5. Then right after that, birds are forced to go for it on 4th down and the QB scrambles in desperation and loses 15yards leaving their last score with under 2min left on a very short field. Yes they scored 31, but the last two weren't really on the defense and were setup by desperation of the birds trying to do something to get the win and then stay in the game.

 

I know it's a lot of yards, but that has really been the birds mo for the last couple years. They are starting to get help on defense. But if you don't help the offense, it won't matter. They are NEVER going to be a team that shuts you down...with this team. They need to slow you down and out score you. I just don't know if they have the tools without gambling and letting all the studs go both ways in spots.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.