Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ryle 48 Highlands 24

Featured Replies

Maybe try Daugherty at tight end. A strong kid who could help with the run blocking and maybe catch a few passes also. The tight end has been void of HHS offense for a while now' date=' even Dale's last few years of coaching.[/quote']

That ship has sailed. I have been saying it for years nothing like a big TE dragging the middle and an additional blocker.

  • Replies 221
  • Views 29.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cain is hurt and for that kid to be hobbling like he was last night he is truly hurt. He is a gamer and most kids would not have even suited up with what he has. He is getting better but really needs time more than anything. Looking forward to a healthy Mitchell soon to see if he can help. I've been a little hard on the QB but he really needs to stay in the pocket and forget about rolling out. When in the pocket and set throws as good as anyone and looks like the D1 prospect. On the move' date=' very below average. All that being said, if the line can't buy him any more than the half a second they give him then time to scrap the passing game. Keep an extra blocker in and the kid will find recievers. Last dig and I'll leave him alone. Third and long and you have a seam, use that 6 5 frame and get the yards needed... Don't slide...[/quote'] hate to hear this hope he mends quickly!!
Answer: None

 

Has been invited to games by Morehead and Lindsay Wilson. Wilmington has also put out an invite. We realize it is a tough gig to get a scholly as a kicker. Hopefully someone comes a calling as the season progresses. Watched the kid from Moeller last week on television and as an obviously biased person, I see little if any difference and that kid has a full ride to Michigan State.

 

He has now converted 2 46 yard field goals this season, he is now 9 for 9 on PAT's and has tied the HHS career record and has touchbacks on 14 of 16 kickoffs with one being the onside kick last night. My understanding that he was good from 58 last night in warmups twice.

 

What year is UC's kicker? Would he want to walk on somewhere if it came down to it? I do not know what a DI kicker looks like, but I did see Popham a few times at CovCath. The talent level of the 2 is very close.

Answer: None

 

Has been invited to games by Morehead and Lindsay Wilson. Wilmington has also put out an invite. We realize it is a tough gig to get a scholly as a kicker. Hopefully someone comes a calling as the season progresses. Watched the kid from Moeller last week on television and as an obviously biased person, I see little if any difference and that kid has a full ride to Michigan State.

 

He has now converted 2 46 yard field goals this season, he is now 9 for 9 on PAT's and has tied the HHS career record and has touchbacks on 14 of 16 kickoffs with one being the onside kick last night. My understanding that he was good from 58 last night in warmups twice.

 

I know how it is with kickers but it's almost criminal that he doesn't have an offer yet. Jeez, I've watched both WKU games and he's better than the kickers for Vandy, WKU and LA Tech as far as I can tell.

I'll be the first to say it, SK beats Ryle by 20, SK is the real deal, Ryle is a pretender.

 

I don't see that happening given Ryle's ability to score points. Still a coin flip for me.

I know how it is with kickers but it's almost criminal that he doesn't have an offer yet. Jeez, I've watched both WKU games and he's better than the kickers for Vandy, WKU and LA Tech as far as I can tell.

 

Send film of his kicks to every college in the states. Somebody needs a kicker of his caliber.

Send film of his kicks to every college in the states. Somebody needs a kicker of his caliber.

 

I hope he and his family are doing something. I just have never understood how many programs seem to think of the kicker as an after thought. Shoot, for years Alabama couldn't count on their kickers outside 35 yards and often had to go for it as a result.

Films have gone out to just about everywhere you can think of. No one is biting yet, but does not mean something does not come along at some point. Eastern Kentucky was hot for a bit last spring until they realized he had another year.

Films have gone out to just about everywhere you can think of. No one is biting yet, but does not mean something does not come along at some point. Eastern Kentucky was hot for a bit last spring until they realized he had another year.

 

Stay persistent, ( I'm sure you are ) he definitely has the talent to play on Saturdays. Good luck.

Maybe try Daugherty at tight end. A strong kid who could help with the run blocking and maybe catch a few passes also. The tight end has been void of HHS offense for a while now, even Dale's last few years of coaching.

 

 

I'm only half way being smart when I say I didn't know Highlands offense involved Tight Ends. Could be the wrinkle their offense needs if they keep getting rushed from the outside which is what I've been hearing.

Send film of his kicks to every college in the states. Somebody needs a kicker of his caliber.

 

 

And a team with good special teams and defense will be licking their chops.

I hope he and his family are doing something. I just have never understood how many programs seem to think of the kicker as an after thought. Shoot, for years Alabama couldn't count on their kickers outside 35 yards and often had to go for it as a result.

 

Agreed. Dumb dumb dumb

So you're saying Beechwood is gonna beat Highlands? If that's the case will they even make the playoffs? At least Ryle will be there. Come to union, they'll sell you a ticket.

 

Huh??? What are you talking about??? Beechwood and HHS don't even play each other. Not even in the same division! What Beechwood does have no bearing on what HHS does!

Do you seriously think Highlands is better than Cooper and Ryle? You've been hinting around for the last couple weeks like it was a fluke that Cooper won. If you remember it wasn't close. Cooper dominated the entire game and was up 20-0 before Highlands ran the punt back for their first score.

 

It's one thing to say it was a close game if it actually was, but to hint that Highlands lost because it was early in the season is a joke. Ryle was the better team and so was Cooper.

 

Im not talking ab out HHS at all when talking about how good those two are. No! I don't think HHS is better than a lot of teams right now. They are not a good team right now. I really don't know how some of you twisting me wondering how good those teams really are (not NKy good) into me thinking HHS is better.

U

Listen, it comes down to this. Instead of you always trying to put subtle jabs at the other teams that beat Highlands to make them out to being not very good. Try and remember one thing. How many years have we all heard how great HHS is and how everyone in NKY is afraid of them and ducks them? Now that teams are scheduling them in NKY and beating them all we are hearing from you inspire jealousy. Plenty of people

have said in the past that maybe it wasn't other teams hiding from HHS like you folks loved to say. So now that teams are playing HHS and beating them,

Maybe you could for once give them credit like you would expect others to do in the roles were reversed? These other teams are simply better than Highlands.

 

The sun will still come out tomorrow. It's ok.

 

Subtle jabs at teams that beat HHS?? I've been saying this each year for a long time and HHS hasn't played a NKy 6a team for years!! So it has NOTHING to do with teams beating HHS. That's funny.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.